· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
General Gear Discussion - effects, synths, etc.
Post a reply

Re: Empress: Echosystem

Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:36 pm

Dang. I've been eyeing the Nemesis for a minute now, was about to head to CME to snap one up. Now I'm going to have to fucking wait and spend my saved money on a PSU like I should've done in the first place.

I guess the El Cap will do for now.

Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:24 pm

I would consider buying this simply because there isn't a stinking screen.

Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:37 pm

Antlerface wrote:I guess the El Cap will do for now.

:lol: this is the kind of thing i find myself thinking often. oh noes! just an el cap?? how will i manage? :lol:

Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:02 pm

goroth wrote:I would consider buying this simply because there isn't a stinking screen.

Death to all screens. :flame:

Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:08 pm

Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:16 pm

I wonder if everything that is in the Superdelay will be in the Echosystem?

Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:18 pm

sylnau wrote:I wonder if everything that is in the Superdelay will be in the Echosystem?

Based on their quote in that video above, that seems to be the case. Will completely subsume the superdelay, and price at $449 USD.

Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:11 pm

Preorder from Empress is up. Full videos of almost all the modes too.

Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:12 pm

I was going to comment on that, the mode videos made me hella fall in love with the Echosystem, need. :drool:

They even have a mode that emulates the Afterneath, which is something I was expecting digital delays to do since it was released.

Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:13 am

Sounds pretty in clips, but nothing that's really grabbing me. Did not get along with their reverb (pretty sounding as well, but ultimately a bit vanilla), which makes me slightly hesitant to jump on the hype train. I will say the Echosystem has a much more interesting set of stock modes than the Reverb did at launch. Looks like a great buy for those who don't have a multi-delay at the moment.

Would probably be more excited if my Timebender hadn't been on an ass kicking mission these past few years.

Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:23 am

Inconuucl wrote:I was going to comment on that, the mode videos made me hella fall in love with the Echosystem, need. :drool:

They even have a mode that emulates the Afterneath, which is something I was expecting digital delays to do since it was released.

That was my one request / suggestion on their forum :cool:

Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:23 am

Inconuucl wrote:I was going to comment on that, the mode videos made me hella fall in love with the Echosystem, need. :drool:

That was my one request / suggestion on their forum :cool:

Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:25 am

hotknife wrote:Sounds pretty in clips, but nothing that's really grabbing me. Did not get along with their reverb (pretty sounding as well, but ultimately a bit vanilla), which makes me slightly hesitant to jump on the hype train. I will say the Echosystem has a much more interesting set of stock modes than the Reverb did at launch. Looks like a great buy for those who don't have a multi-delay at the moment.

Would probably be more excited if my Timebender hadn't been on an ass kicking mission these past few years.

Did you only use their stock sounds on the Reverb or did you try all the ones you can upload? All the non-vanilla are those.

Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:53 am

Ruiner wrote:
hotknife wrote:Sounds pretty in clips, but nothing that's really grabbing me. Did not get along with their reverb (pretty sounding as well, but ultimately a bit vanilla), which makes me slightly hesitant to jump on the hype train. I will say the Echosystem has a much more interesting set of stock modes than the Reverb did at launch. Looks like a great buy for those who don't have a multi-delay at the moment.

Did you only use their stock sounds on the Reverb or did you try all the ones you can upload? All the non-vanilla are those.

Both stock and uploaded. It wasn't the presets that bummed me, but the overall sound of the unit. To be fair, I'm looking for a very particular shade of verb. My standard for years has been an old Quadraverb and, convenience aside, no pedal has ever swayed me completely from my custom verb patches.

Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:56 pm

Manual is up: http://assets.empresseffects.com/manuals/echosystem.pdf
Post a reply