Hologram Electronics Infinite Jets

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Hologram Electronics Infinite Jets

Postby fcknoise » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:08 pm

themagpie wrote:Would be awesome to get a statement from Hologram. Both the Infinite and Dream seq drops a lot of low end even in dry signal. So its something with the signal being all digital even before the wacko effects? Also why the fuck did they drop all midi when making a synth pedal after having that on a pitcholo pedal? Fashion over function?
Maybe the thinking is that a synth pedal isnt made to use with synth rather make not synths synths

hm I haven't really noticed the low end loss, but that would totally suck on synths.

the way I use it now is an effect I occasionally punch in while looping with the ct5 or something.

as with almost anything advanced I own: complete wasteful underuse of possibilities
Cydonia wrote: Too bad no one here is interested in talking about "gear"

BossMann73 wrote:I didn't insult it......I "curated" a "different aesthetic.".

John wrote:I love how this forum has the GDP of Switzerland in pedals but the collective value of everyone's patch cables is less than the change in my couch cushions. And I don't have a couch.

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/sharkmovieappriciator
Bandcamp: https://fcknoise.bandcamp.com/
fcknoise

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby elevenstrings » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:12 am

UglyCasanova wrote:We also opened it up to look at the PCB and there's no reason for it to have side jacks either. :excellent:

lol, this is hilarious.
elevenstrings

experienced
experienced

Postby Jwar » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:08 am

Dude that pedal killed my lows. It didn't as much with the Dream Sequence because it's dependent on how you're using. I was purposely using it to kill low end. lol.

The midi thing was dumb, not sure why they did that.

The side jacks make no sense.

The lack of volume control that is intuitive and not a secondary function (I mean come on). In fact, I hate all the secondary functions for the most part. They don't make sense to me. At least on the Meris pedals I can tell what the fuck it's doing.

The size, which usually isn't an issue for me but these are enormous and the side jacks (again, normally I don't care but that one drove me nuts).

The price point.

I mean, it's a fun pedal but not that fun.

Dudes seem cool but I think they've got some stuff to work out to make these better in the long run.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby $harkToootth » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:19 am

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:The lack of volume control that is intuitive and not a secondary function (I mean come on). In fact, I hate all the secondary functions for the most part. They don't make sense to me.

The size, which usually isn't an issue for me but these are enormous and the side jacks (again, normally I don't care but that one drove me nuts).

The price point.

I mean, it's a fun pedal but not that fun.

I agree with this. I have a synth were you really need to understand secondary functions to get the most out of it. It's kind of annoying but I can deal with it for 'that' price point. Not this 'price point'. The last sentence really resonate with me. Totally fun and really cool but for $425? Eh...

Take what I say with a grain of salt. I'm kind of like Brands and anything I dub as 'overcomplicated' and involved kind of gets used at a very surface level. I am starting an 'amp worship project though and I do eventually plan to start using this for the two channels of sustain (bummer they are not stereo but whatever). So EDIT: This is worth quoting for my purposes.
fcknoise wrote:as with almost anything advanced I own: complete wasteful underuse of possibilities

Also, I'm not selling mine so take that for what it's worth. Giving credit where credit is due...1. A+ for aesthetics :lol: 2. The recording of knob movements does make it invaluable (you can 'sort of' make it an effects sequencer in the given parameters of the box). That said, I think that's becoming standard on a lot of pedals now.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby zoooombiex » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:29 pm

Man, I'd really like to hear a recording of the bass cut people are talking about.

And just FWIW, I agree there are aspects of this that could be improved. Sidejacks, persistence of samples across all LFO shapes, a separate dry volume control (or wet volume + dry kill switch), and dedicated toggles to select between LFO/envelope/none, and the three manual modes (or at least labels for the functions on the shared toggle, like: "A: LFO - none - ENV" and "B: Toggle - Latch - Momentary").

That said, I have (and am not aware of) any other pedal than can do everything this one does. So it's not going anywhere.
zoooombiex

Fantasian of BILF
Fantasian of BILF

Postby codetocontra » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:06 am

$harkToootth wrote:Also, I'm not selling mine so take that for what it's worth.

Worth nothing. You are a hoarder! :p
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:26 am

I just love all my pedals.
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:45 pm

Also, kind of want a Hologram T-Shirt....just saying...
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby echorec » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:47 pm

$harkToootth wrote:Also, kind of want a Hologram T-Shirt....just saying...

https://hologramelectronics.com/product ... m-t-shirt/

Or your Santa could get you the OG logo tee, which inspired it. In fairness to Hologram, that's just a rainbow turned into a rectangle. :lol:

echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:54 pm

HA! Thought it looked familiar! I thought it was taking ques from old logos...AND IT WAS/IS! Thanks Mr. Rec!
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby echorec » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:05 pm

These would still make cool tees. They should roll them out in the future.

echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby njschneider2 » Thu May 03, 2018 12:15 pm

Threads on this pedal have died down *quickly*. I'm still digging mine, and have sold off a few pedals since getting the Infinite Jets that I loved, but can't see myself getting rid of IJ anytime soon. For as much of an albatross as it is on my board (loads of real estate, no MIDI), it just makes such pretty sounds that I haven't been able to mimic from other pedals.
njschneider2

involved
involved

Postby harpies » Thu May 03, 2018 12:21 pm

Space constraints and the volume issue (not loud enough without upping the drive...I want a clean sound) kill it, otherwise I’d want one. Seriously, there is no reason for that big layout or the volume issue.
harpies

experienced
experienced

Postby Dandolin » Thu May 03, 2018 1:14 pm

$harkToootth wrote:I just love all my pedals.

Garth Marenghi! (he of my second ilfavatar haha)
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby njschneider2 » Thu May 03, 2018 1:25 pm

harpies wrote:Space constraints and the volume issue (not loud enough without upping the drive...I want a clean sound) kill it, otherwise I’d want one. Seriously, there is no reason for that big layout or the volume issue.

I'm convinced Joel Korte could fit the Infinite Jets into one of his usual Chase Bliss footprints.

Volume used to be an issue for me, but I've made peace with it and find it plenty loud without using drive. I learned that I didn't have to have the mix knob on full wet to get a sound I liked, and dialing back on the mix knob slightly allows volume to come through.
njschneider2

involved
involved

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear