Hologram Electronics Infinite Jets

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Hologram Electronics Infinite Jets

Postby Jwar » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:47 pm

vidret wrote:yay, material things! :!!!:

Shut you whore mouth!

So it turns out I was accidentally under powering the until. Duh. Everything works great now.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:49 pm

I have done that more times than I care to admit jwar. The first time I plugged in my Protostar I was like "...ugh what the fuck...ugh...". Manufacturer's note clearly says requires 500ma (or 400ma).
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby yeatsvisitslincoln » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:17 pm

$harkToootth wrote:I have done that more times than I care to admit jwar. The first time I plugged in my Protostar I was like "...ugh what the fuck...ugh...". Manufacturer's note clearly says requires 500ma (or 400ma).

Off topic, but the Protostar has a super high current draw at start up. I went and visited WMD and they gave me a new daughter board for power about 8 months ago and now it uses less. So I'd recommend taking a picture of the guts and sending it to them. If it's the old one, they'll send you a new one. It's super easy to change, too.
yeatsvisitslincoln

committed
committed

Postby codetocontra » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:33 pm

jwar wrote:

Shut you whore mouth!

So it turns out I was accidentally under powering the until. Duh. Everything works great now.

Only needs 200mA, right? I think that is what their site stated.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Jwar » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:15 pm

codetocontra wrote:
jwar wrote:

Shut you whore mouth!

Only needs 200mA, right? I think that is what their site stated.

Yea 200! I was running it on 100. LOL
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby zoooombiex » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:02 pm

zoooombiex wrote:Is anyone else noticing this (apparent) bug -

When you put the lfo sweep on repeat and then turn the lfo shape knob, it acts funny. Normally, the sample will keep playing and the pattern will track the shape knob. But sometimes the sample will cut off when the shape knob reaches certain settings. For example if I capture the sample in Sawtooth it will cut off when the lfo shape knob is turned to the square wave shape. But if I capture the sample in most other shape settings I can cycle through any of the other shapes and the sample will keep playing.

Did some more testing on this - confirmed I am running with adequate power, and the problem is very specific.

The problem occurs when samples are grabbed in specific ”shapes" and when the "shape" knob is moved across specific boundaries.

Eg - put env time fully CW, so it is in the repeat function. Put shape fully CW to sawtooth. Grab a sample (doesn't matter if poly, mono, or manual). Turn the shape knob CW. The sample will persist through the triangle shape, but then if you keep turning the shape knob, the sample will cut out when you reach the border of the square shape.

But for contrast, if you grab a sample with the shape knob in the square shape, you can move the shape knob wherever you want and the sample always persists.

So far the glitches seem to be these (listed as: the shape where the sample is grabbed -- thr shape where the sample cuts out)

Saw -- square
Triangle -- square
Sine -- square
Sine -- ramp
Rand -- ramp

You can also verify this another way. Put it into poly, and grab a sample in ramp mode, turn shape to random, grab a second sample, turn shape back to ramp. The sample you captured in random will cut out, but the original sample captured in ramp will persist.

Also, it seems to do the same things with env time set to infinite. Though there also seem to be some other glitchy things going on with dipped samples in infinite mode (haven't isolated those yet).

This is very repeatable on my unit, but I will say that every once in a while the sample won't cut out as listed above. That may just be my comfusion about which shape the sample was captured in, but maybe not.

So is anyone else's unit doing this?
zoooombiex

Fantasian of BILF
Fantasian of BILF

Postby zoooombiex » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:01 pm

zoooombiex wrote:
zoooombiex wrote:Is anyone else noticing this (apparent) bug -

When you put the lfo sweep on repeat and then turn the lfo shape knob, it acts funny. Normally, the sample will keep playing and the pattern will track the shape knob. But sometimes the sample will cut off when the shape knob reaches certain settings. For example if I capture the sample in Sawtooth it will cut off when the lfo shape knob is turned to the square wave shape. But if I capture the sample in most other shape settings I can cycle through any of the other shapes and the sample will keep playing.

Did some more testing on this - confirmed I am running with adequate power, and the problem is very specific.

The problem occurs when samples are grabbed in specific ”shapes" and when the "shape" knob is moved across specific boundaries.

Eg - put env time fully CW, so it is in the repeat function. Put shape fully CW to sawtooth. Grab a sample (doesn't matter if poly, mono, or manual). Turn the shape knob CW. The sample will persist through the triangle shape, but then if you keep turning the shape knob, the sample will cut out when you reach the border of the square shape.

But for contrast, if you grab a sample with the shape knob in the square shape, you can move the shape knob wherever you want and the sample always persists.

So far the glitches seem to be these (listed as: the shape where the sample is grabbed -- thr shape where the sample cuts out)

Saw -- square
Triangle -- square
Sine -- square
Sine -- ramp
Rand -- ramp

You can also verify this another way. Put it into poly, and grab a sample in ramp mode, turn shape to random, grab a second sample, turn shape back to ramp. The sample you captured in random will cut out, but the original sample captured in ramp will persist.

Also, it seems to do the same things with env time set to infinite. Though there also seem to be some other glitchy things going on with dipped samples in infinite mode (haven't isolated those yet).

This is very repeatable on my unit, but I will say that every once in a while the sample won't cut out as listed above. That may just be my comfusion about which shape the sample was captured in, but maybe not.

So is anyone else's unit doing this?

This might be mostly for myself, but Ryan @ Hologram got back to me with a very nice email and confirmed that the description above is accurate, but it is not necessarily a bug. They had to make some design choices about how the pedal behaves when moving the shape knob, and so it will drop the sample in circumstances where it encounters certain parameters crossing that threshold.
zoooombiex

Fantasian of BILF
Fantasian of BILF

Postby Cosmo » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:42 pm

The problem I have with the Infinite Jets and the Dream Sequence is that there is no volume knob. To be fair, I have the same problem with Cooper Fx for the same reason. There is easily a 5db level drop when the pedal is engaged. the gain knob adds dirt, not transparent level. I emailed Hologram about this and they were dismissive to say the least. To me this is a deal breaker, especially for the price these things are selling for.
Cosmo

interested
interested

Postby molokaio » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:51 pm

Footswitch a and dry knob control the master volume on the jets and disable the automatic volume compensation you are walking about. Let me know of it works out for you.

I agree on the dream seq

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/robzdrone/
molokaio

committed
committed

Postby tremolo3 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:57 pm

Dude... Wrong place to talk about that.
John wrote:"guys play quiet, listen to my small costly device."

PumpkinPieces wrote:Fer shoogaze

tuffteef wrote:all you need is a big muff and feelings
tremolo3

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Cosmo » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:12 pm

Nice! Thanks!
Cosmo

interested
interested

Postby UglyCasanova » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:06 am

Have they fixed the low end cut problem yet? I got to try one this summer, and there was some serious cut of lower frequencies, even without any wet signal. The moment you engaged the pedal, poof, there goes a good portion of lows, at 100% dry. Super weird.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby worra » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:53 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:Have they fixed the low end cut problem yet? I got to try one this summer, and there was some serious cut of lower frequencies, even without any wet signal. The moment you engaged the pedal, poof, there goes a good portion of lows, at 100% dry. Super weird.

This is why I can't use it on synth :(
https://foldednote.bandcamp.com
https://sunbeamer.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/_sunbeamer/

DRodriguez wrote:home is where the noise is

aen wrote:I'm pretty much kicked out of hipster beverage town.
worra

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:20 pm

Not sure if they fixed it. I was pretty disappointed by this pedal as a whole. It's an awesome idea but there was way too many things that they missed IMO. It's a fun but it's not that fun. lol

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby D Rock » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:24 am

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Not sure if they fixed it. I was pretty disappointed by this pedal as a whole. It's an awesome idea but there was way too many things that they missed IMO. It's a fun but it's not that fun. lol

:group: Agreed. Especially for the price.
D Rock

committed
committed

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear