Gear preview 2017

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Gear preview 2017

Postby whoismarykelly » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:50 pm

I was hoping for tap tempo but only one momentary switch so maybe not. My guess is one of the switches is for the freeze/glitch mode switch. No clue about the other one. Three controls are probably the same as the original one (dry, wet, rate).
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby echorec » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:08 pm

whoismarykelly wrote:Looks like a new version of the Raptio is on the horizon

What is your go-to glitch at the moment---did you keep your Ottobit?
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby whoismarykelly » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:21 pm

Ottobit stutter function is garbage IMO. It has no dynamic spontaneity which is the main thing I want in a glitch pedal. I can be cool if you want steady 1/4 note stutters for X number of times against what you're playing but that's a rigid format that gets real monotonous real fast. I found myself having to write things to the pedal and spend lots of time setting up a patch, which I could only go back to with a MIDI controller if I wanted to use a different setting. I would much rather have something simple like a Raptio because I can toss in whatever I want whenever I want. But I don't have a specific favorite. I have two Revolvers, a Judder, an Outward, a Possessed, and a Raptio on my board presently and they all do different things.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby echorec » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:39 pm

Interesting. Thanks for the insight.
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby codetocontra » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:56 pm

whoismarykelly wrote:Ottobit stutter function is garbage IMO. It has no dynamic spontaneity which is the main thing I want in a glitch pedal. I can be cool if you want steady 1/4 note stutters for X number of times against what you're playing but that's a rigid format that gets real monotonous real fast. I found myself having to write things to the pedal and spend lots of time setting up a patch, which I could only go back to with a MIDI controller if I wanted to use a different setting. I would much rather have something simple like a Raptio because I can toss in whatever I want whenever I want. But I don't have a specific favorite. I have two Revolvers, a Judder, an Outward, a Possessed, and a Raptio on my board presently and they all do different things.

Agree 100%. Ottobit Jr was a let down for me too. Not just with the stutter effect. There's a volume drop with heavy bit reduction, knob ranges are not smooth, and the stutter kills your dry signal while it is playing back.

You didn't ask me, but my go to glitch is the Revolver. Just picked up a CT5 and Infinite Jets so still experimenting with those. Interested in the Outward and this new Raptio as much as I am considering dual wielding Revolvers.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby UglyCasanova » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:32 pm

codetocontra wrote:Interested in the Outward and this new Raptio as much as I am considering dual wielding Revolvers.

Wait. Wut? Is there a new version?
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby whoismarykelly » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:15 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:
codetocontra wrote:Interested in the Outward and this new Raptio as much as I am considering dual wielding Revolvers.

Wait. Wut? Is there a new version?

Previous page

codetocontra wrote:
whoismarykelly wrote:Ottobit stutter function is garbage IMO. It has no dynamic spontaneity which is the main thing I want in a glitch pedal. I can be cool if you want steady 1/4 note stutters for X number of times against what you're playing but that's a rigid format that gets real monotonous real fast. I found myself having to write things to the pedal and spend lots of time setting up a patch, which I could only go back to with a MIDI controller if I wanted to use a different setting. I would much rather have something simple like a Raptio because I can toss in whatever I want whenever I want. But I don't have a specific favorite. I have two Revolvers, a Judder, an Outward, a Possessed, and a Raptio on my board presently and they all do different things.

Agree 100%. Ottobit Jr was a let down for me too. Not just with the stutter effect. There's a volume drop with heavy bit reduction, knob ranges are not smooth, and the stutter kills your dry signal while it is playing back.

You didn't ask me, but my go to glitch is the Revolver. Just picked up a CT5 and Infinite Jets so still experimenting with those. Interested in the Outward and this new Raptio as much as I am considering dual wielding Revolvers.

If I had to pick just one it would be my Revolver II but its crazy how every pedal in the genre does things pretty differently while most phasers, flangers, etc... are just slight variations on the same theme.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby codetocontra » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:13 pm

I like you.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby echorec » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:46 am

Remember this guy? It debuted at Winter NAMM in the beginning of 2016, and hasn't been seen since. Strymon said they were changing the name and retooling it, based on user feedback, but that was about a year ago. I wonder if one day this year, newsletter subscribers will get a pre-order notice....or will the next Strymon be another dad rock, digi-dirt?

echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jrfox92 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:38 am

echorec wrote:....or will the next Strymon be another dad rock, digi-dirt?

Are you actually asking, because I think we all know the answer. :snax:
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Inconuucl » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:57 am

Here I was thinking they had officially canned the generalísimo.
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby echorec » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:40 am

Inconuucl wrote:Here I was thinking they had officially canned the generalísimo.

Nah. It's still on the bottom of their product page.

We have never before announced a product that hasn’t eventually shipped to customers.

They also claim to be shooting for "late 2017", but I feel like that date was put out there quite a while ago and may have since changed.

jrfox92 wrote:
echorec wrote:....or will the next Strymon be another dad rock, digi-dirt?

Are you actually asking, because I think we all know the answer. :snax:

Aren't they running out of dad rock stuff? If you're a dad rocker, do you really need 3 digital dirt pedals? ---Although I just now considered that a big box dirt from them could be in the works, and that makes me cringe a bit.
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:56 am

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby whoismarykelly » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:56 am

I have a Sunset and was impressed with how great it sounded when compared in a shop with a pile of trendy analog dirt pedals. Easy to fill my one dirt slot with a pedal that can play so many roles.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Kacey Y » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:24 am

whoismarykelly wrote:fill my one dirt slot

Had to.
Appalachian Queer Punk Moms Local 138
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext