Gear preview 2017

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Gear preview 2017

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:00 pm

AlexanderPedals wrote: We did make one prototype of a Bode-type frequency shifter though.

:love:
jwar wrote:God I fucking hate ring mods.

STFU, jwar, and have a happy 4th of July! :!!!:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby jrfox92 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:01 pm

jwar wrote:God I fucking hate ring mods.

Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby echorec » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:07 pm

Also...

Due to delays in production of THYME we are forced to shift its sales to early September. The Estimated price will be 439 EUR excl. Tax.
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby blakestree » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:14 am

Love the softPop. Might end up getting one of those.
While leaves shall fall, do branches intertwine, that we remain bound.

Blake's Tree
blakestree

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby echorec » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:37 am

No dates are available for these at this time, but they were both recently teased on Instagram. The Mr. Black template is especially intriguing, since it breaks away from their small footprint, 3-pot format.

echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:35 am

echorec wrote:

Also...

Due to delays in production of THYME we are forced to shift its sales to early September. The Estimated price will be 439 EUR excl. Tax.

I have most Bastl gear up until the omsynth. I like all my stuff but got most of it for up to 30% off. I would have bought a soft pop (John Wiese reference?) but that price is too steep for me (please not my use of subjectivity). Would have loved to patch it with my bitranger. I've said this in other synth threads but I find it hard to (personally) to rationalize something like that when I can currently go a town over and pick up an Ensoniq VFX for $200.

That said, soft pop looks and sounds great! And other people should get it.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jrfox92 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:49 am

echorec wrote:Image

I wonder if they're gonna redo the Supersonic Fuzz Overload. :snax:
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:10 pm

echorec wrote:Image

joanofuke wrote:Looks big
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby gila_crisis » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:35 am

echorec wrote:
oldangelmidnight wrote:It looks like they just added the MS50 effects. This is after adding the MS70 effects to the MS50 so it looks like they might be functionally identical now?

Looking at the two PDF files, there's a lot of overlap now, but they're not interchangeable. I don't think the MS70 got any of the amp models found in the Fifty series. Since I don't own the MS50, I didn't realize so many of these modulation banks were already available in the sibling models. Just glancing over it, the MS70 got EQs, compressors, several tremolo/modulation effects, but no new reverb/delay algorithms. I've got a Tech 21 Leeds (Hiwatt) for direct recordings, so the '50 is a bit redundant for me personally. If the sounds in the MS50 are anything like those in the '70, though, I imagine it's a fairly useful pedal for the price.

to me it's more like a MS100BT but without the drive/amps section, which is a big plus! I have both a MS100 and MS70, so I'm really looking forward to upgrade the 70!
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby echorec » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:54 am

For NAMM:

listen:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWD6IGFHqX5/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWK08gVHEoB/

Coming in October...

https://www.gearnews.com/elektron-unvei ... -sampling/

I don't have much on this, but it's going to be a crowdfunding project. One comment on their YouTube video suggested $1000 CAD/ $770 USD. That probably prices out a lot of people, but I'm happy to see more controller options out there. Now if only one of the bigger companies would make an affordable option to bring MPE to more users.

https://zvukmachines.com/

echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby baremountain » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:47 pm

Got a couple of new Adventure Audio releases or two on the horizon too!
One is a smaller form one-knobber. Not sure what it does, but they previewed it on instagram. Looks like it has something to w power, but they said it's not a voltage sag box.
The other, which I'm more excited for, looks to be the next design from Matt (aka Electromagnetic Witchcraft), who desigined the Dream Reaper. From what I can tell it's got 7 knobs & 4 switches, and the ones I could see labeled on the PCB are called "Stranger" & "Rate". A while ago in Instagram messages, Matt told me that it'd "tread the area between fuzz, ring mod, and a bode frequency shifter-esque thing". Stoked on it.
Also I just wanna say their customer engagement is stellar, and they're all real cool people. Do business with them if you can. All I've bought from them so far is a Dream Reaper, but they take time to answer my questions about circuit design and seem to be genuinely great dudes.
Inner Vegas wrote:I don't think anyone is Obama

#wheresthebirthcertificate #obamahoax

solo tunes:
completed works || loosey goosey releases
associated acts:
Raab Zamboni (fake jazz/real noise//sax, modular synth, editing, misc) || Field Guide (my best friends//sax on 2 tracks)

I make t-shirts, patches, koozies, buttons, CDs, sometimes tapes, and eventually i'll start working on pedals again. DM me for pricing!
baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:03 pm

baremountain wrote: "... and a bode frequency shifter-esque thing"

ImageImage
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby echorec » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:42 am

baremountain wrote:Got a couple of new Adventure Audio releases or two on the horizon too!
One is a smaller form one-knobber. Not sure what it does, but they previewed it on instagram. Looks like it has something to w power, but they said it's not a voltage sag box.
The other, which I'm more excited for, looks to be the next design from Matt (aka Electromagnetic Witchcraft), who desigined the Dream Reaper. From what I can tell it's got 7 knobs & 4 switches, and the ones I could see labeled on the PCB are called "Stranger" & "Rate". A while ago in Instagram messages, Matt told me that it'd "tread the area between fuzz, ring mod, and a bode frequency shifter-esque thing". Stoked on it.
Also I just wanna say their customer engagement is stellar, and they're all real cool people. Do business with them if you can. All I've bought from them so far is a Dream Reaper, but they take time to answer my questions about circuit design and seem to be genuinely great dudes.

I saw the big one yesterday, but couldn't share a pic at the time. Thanks for sharing some backstory/details. It'll be interesting to learn more.

echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby echorec » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:48 am

Igor Vasiliev has introduced SynthScaper, to complement his FieldScaper and SoundScaper programs. $9.99 in the app store.

echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby echorec » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:19 pm

I'm on my tablet, so I can't share the pics, but the new Alexander Neo stuff on Instagram looks really interesting. There's a sound clip and a tablet editor, for anyone interested.

Also, I'll be away for most of the week, but I'll try to post some NAMM updates when I can. There should be a few leaks Monday morning and throughout the week, leading up to Thursday.
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear