Gear preview 2017

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Gear preview 2017

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:18 pm

Apparently I haven't been paying that close attention to Land Devices, these are already "sold out":

Echoplex pre-amp thingee. Not a new :idea: , but, apparently new-ish from Land Devices. :notanidksmiley:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oAtmTesUIQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5fNQCDy3jU
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Dungus » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:53 pm

More pedals should look like they've been salvaged from a long disused eastern European power station. IT'S NOT FAIR

I cordially invite you to fuck right off and let the rest of us talk about music like adults.- dubkitty
Dungus

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby lost in music » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:44 pm

Seriously.
This is a very impressive collection of Roto Toms. That's 21 Roto Toms in all. That is only $33.00 a Roto Tom.
lost in music

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Location: Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.

Postby Olin » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:52 pm

The aesthetic is great as long as no pedals take Cyrillic letters and use them as Latin ones because they look similar. Huge pet peeve.
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby jrfox92 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:28 pm

Olin wrote:The aesthetic is great as long as no pedals take Cyrillic letters and use them as Latin ones because they look similar. Huge pet peeve.

The Ryan Adams Effect™
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:30 pm

Would it be OK if I told you I'm Bulgarian?
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Olin » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:55 pm

Chankgeez wrote:Would it be OK if I told you I'm Bulgarian?

Man, as long as it's phonetically accurate that's all that matters to me. Ryan Adams can go фак химсельф.
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby lordgalvar » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:46 pm

Remember that time Ryan Adams followed me, shared my picture, than unfollowed me?
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby echorec » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:03 am

lordgalvar wrote:Remember that time Ryan Adams followed me, shared my picture, than unfollowed me?

I just Googled this and couldn't find it. You're going to have to share it again. :snax:
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby echorec » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:24 pm

Muff_Diver posted a video for the Crescendo on the last page, but it looks like there are 7 more pedals in this second wave of budget offerings.

The reviews on the first wave of this series have not been enthusiastic, but I guess if you're looking for a sketching tool, rather than a permanent solution, 'renting' a flawed pedal for $50 isn't so bad. What disappoints me is that Uli Behringer has quickly gone to work on devaluing the TC brand with entry-level clones (not that TC was high-end before). On the + side, I had no idea that you could select all 4 modes simultaneously on the Boss DC-2, having never owned one.

TC's 3rd Dimension is obviously based around this long-discontinued pedal, with a $300 asking price on the used market. The original Dimension C pedal was based on the Roland Dimension D rack unit. Behringer has previously visited this circuit, in the form of its Space-C pedal. So perhaps this promises some marginal improvement, including a metal enclosure.

echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:44 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aatqpmztb60

echorec wrote:Muff_Diver posted a video for the Crescendo on the last page, but it looks like there are 7 more pedals in this second wave of budget offerings.

El Mocabo?

:flame:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jrfox92 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:19 pm

echorec wrote:On the + side, I had no idea that you could select all 4 modes simultaneously on the Boss DC-2, having never owned one.

AFAIK, you're not supposed to since pressing one lifts all the others. :idk:
Not that that matters too much since each button is, basically, like a different spot on a potentiometer.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Gone Fission » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:52 pm

echorec wrote:TC's 3rd Dimension is obviously based around this long-discontinued pedal, with a $300 asking price on the used market. The original Dimension C pedal was based on the Roland Dimension D rack unit. Behringer has previously visited this circuit, in the form of its Space-C pedal. So perhaps this promises some marginal improvement, including a metal enclosure.

Demo sounded good, but fucking mono? :picard:
Misses at least 80% of the point.

Hopefully the board is set up so you can hack it for the true stereo glory of the Dimension circuit.

If this was just because the ignoramuses demand true bypass and that would require more specialized switching, imma gonna be kneecapping P&W douches, and they'll have it coming.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby reckon luck » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:00 pm

I'd be so much more interested in the 3rd Dimension if a DC-2w wasn't practically guaranteed at this point.

The FMeron sounds really cool.
reckon luck

committed
committed

Postby 01010111 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:41 am

reckon luck wrote:I'd be so much more interested in the 3rd Dimension if a DC-2w wasn't practically guaranteed at this point.

The FMeron sounds really cool.

Do you have any sources on that? All I can find are a handful of people on forums hoping Boss’ll make one?

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear