Gear preview 2017

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Gear preview 2017

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:50 am

When are we gonna get a G&L Jaguar? :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Gone Fission » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:41 pm

echorec wrote:https://www.gearnews.com/audio-damage-a ... elligence/

^AI-driven drum machine plug-in for $59. Stand-alone and iOS versions are coming later.

Why do we need smart drum machines? Have these coders ever really considered drummers?
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:24 pm

:idk: one part sounded like blade runner soundtrack to me...
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BoatRich » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:45 pm

I can't tell if it's his guitar or amp or what, but that sounds so thin and shitty? The Pedal sounds great but the dry tone is awful.
BoatRich

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby comesect2.0 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:27 pm

there is no such thing as tone.
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:29 pm

Then what are these fingers for?
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Inconuucl » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:36 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:Then what are these fingers for?

We can find out, bb. ;)
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby comesect2.0 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:17 pm

I'm sorry.
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:43 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:Then what are these hooks for?
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby karmablock » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:53 am

echorec wrote:Image

Leo Fender's second-most famous company is launching their own version of the Jazzmaster with a revamped tremolo system.

https://www.gearnews.com/gl-doheny-mode ... azzmaster/

I hear you fellow kids like Jazzmasters?
karmablock

experienced
experienced

Postby JereFuzz » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:56 am

actualidiot wrote:Roland D-05

"Roland announces the D-05 Linear Synthesizer, the latest addition to the growing Roland Boutique electronic instrument lineup. The D-05 is a compact reproduction of Roland’s D-50 Linear Synthesizer from the late 1980s, one of the most influential synthesizers ever produced. Combining the newly developed Digital Circuit Behavior (DCB) sound generator with the actual samples used in the original instrument, the D-05 delivers the D-50’s iconic, highly recognizable sounds with complete authenticity, backed by all the modern conveniences of the compact and affordable Roland Boutique module format.

Released in 1987, the D-50 was Roland’s very first all-digital synthesizer. Powered by the revolutionary Linear Arithmetic (LA) Synthesis engine, the instrument’s unique mix of sampled attacks and synthesized sustaining waveforms – plus built-in chorus, reverb/delay, and EQ for studio-quality polish – made it a must-have synth for musicians around the world. The D-50’s bold new sounds and beautifully crafted presets inspired artists everywhere and quite literally dominated the popular music, film soundtracks, and commercial jingles of the era. To celebrate the 30th anniversary of this giant in the history of synthesis, Roland presents an inspiring recreation that brings the genuine D-50 experience to the music creators of today and beyond."
http://www.keyboardmag.com/gear/1183/ro ... -d50/63816

so getting this ... my volca fm & reface dx need a playmate ... the giant roland manual for it is nice reading :0
“We learn from history that we do not learn from history.”
― Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel
JereFuzz

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby JereFuzz » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:07 am

And with the new D-05 you get 64 patches from the original D-50 as well as an additional 320 factory patches (2-6 presets, with 8 banks and 8 patches per bank; 1 preset was the original d-50 presets). In addition you get 1-8 presets for your own patches. That's 712 user patches! Surely, you'll be able to share patches. Hopefully, Roland will make software for making sharing easy ...
“We learn from history that we do not learn from history.”
― Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel
JereFuzz

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:23 am

JereFuzz wrote:
actualidiot wrote:Roland D-05

"Roland announces the D-05 Linear Synthesizer, the latest addition to the growing Roland Boutique electronic instrument lineup. The D-05 is a compact reproduction of Roland’s D-50 Linear Synthesizer from the late 1980s, one of the most influential synthesizers ever produced. Combining the newly developed Digital Circuit Behavior (DCB) sound generator with the actual samples used in the original instrument, the D-05 delivers the D-50’s iconic, highly recognizable sounds with complete authenticity, backed by all the modern conveniences of the compact and affordable Roland Boutique module format.

Released in 1987, the D-50 was Roland’s very first all-digital synthesizer. Powered by the revolutionary Linear Arithmetic (LA) Synthesis engine, the instrument’s unique mix of sampled attacks and synthesized sustaining waveforms – plus built-in chorus, reverb/delay, and EQ for studio-quality polish – made it a must-have synth for musicians around the world. The D-50’s bold new sounds and beautifully crafted presets inspired artists everywhere and quite literally dominated the popular music, film soundtracks, and commercial jingles of the era. To celebrate the 30th anniversary of this giant in the history of synthesis, Roland presents an inspiring recreation that brings the genuine D-50 experience to the music creators of today and beyond."
http://www.keyboardmag.com/gear/1183/ro ... -d50/63816

so getting this ... my volca fm & reface dx need a playmate ... the giant roland manual for it is nice reading :0

I so fucking want this. It's only 349 new. Man...I may get this next month. Fuck. lol
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:50 am

Inconuucl wrote:
UglyCasanova wrote:Then what are these fingers for?

We can find out, bb. ;)

I've spent a considerable amount of time molding his orifices so they are a perfect fit to mine.

GET OUT OF MY LAWN AND GET YER OWN HUBBY. :cool:
Good deals: OsbornKT, Phantasmagorovich, UglyCasanova, DarkAxel, Skip, D.o.S, ColdBrightSunlight, Eivind August, Goroth

https://linktr.ee/disarmdarcy

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disarm D'arcy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:16 pm

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear