Gear preview 2017

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Gear preview 2017

Postby echorec » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:20 am

Chankgeez wrote::lol: His guitars seem overbuilt and're prohibitively expensive. A marvel of engineering which sometimes includes purple hardware. :idea:

"Blur has also sparked speculation and controversy at sevenstring.org where folks are trying to decide if I've built the world's ugliest instrument or (perhaps) something quite beautiful." - Rick Toone

Everything he does is so inharmonious in the most polarizing package. rustic/ultramodern, dull/bright, boring/chic
---He really is a unique figure, whether you enjoy his work, hate it, or can't make up your mind. :lol:

echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:52 pm

His guitars looks kind of cool but fuck that pricing. He's on the range of Fodera or Ritter with that bullshit. Well, ok not Ritter. lol
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby whoismarykelly » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:11 pm

Toone took a bunch of peoples' money a couple years ago and never delivered the instruments afaik. Like $7500 guitar orders with the no delivery and instead building one-offs for famous shredders and $25,000 guitars to sell through DAG. But also people have been turned down when trying to buy Toone guitars that were for sale because Toone wanted a more well-known buyer. The whole thing is insane.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Inconuucl » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:48 pm

Eh, if you're going to a toone just go strandberger instead, same overengineered style with a lot less cork sniffing.
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby manymanyhaha » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:05 pm

You were able to figure that out? I got the email for this, couldn't tell what it was, really, even after watching the videos. Went to the website to buy, just to see what the price was or if any additional info and it's all in, I assume, chinese. :idk:

echorec wrote:
TE is working on a robotic arm (titled 'R'), that will function similarly to products like Amazon Echo/Alexa, but with emotive movement. Apparently they're trying to get it out for under $2,000. It's still in the development stages. :no:

They're also doing some non-moving, smart speakers ('H'), which provide an LED light show, but still no updates on the OP-Z.

]
manymanyhaha

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby echorec » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:53 pm

manymanyhaha wrote:You were able to figure that out? I got the email for this, couldn't tell what it was, really, even after watching the videos. Went to the website to buy, just to see what the price was or if any additional info and it's all in, I assume, chinese. :idk:

This is the most-detailed report I've seen.

https://www.gearnews.com/teenage-engine ... hina-cake/
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby echorec » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:39 am

Here's an Echorec plug-in at an introductory price of $29.

https://www.audiority.com/shop/echoes-t7e/

echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:36 pm

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Olin » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:25 pm

Looks a lot like a college woodwork project. Absurd price, especially considering he considers some people unworthy of buying his instruments, would usually say "whatever, as long as someone wants it" but this time I hope no one wants it and he ends up having to sell it for half of what he wants.
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Inconuucl » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:58 am

That is all.
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:10 pm

:love:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby friendship » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:27 pm

echorec wrote:Muff_Diver posted a video for the Crescendo on the last page, but it looks like there are 7 more pedals in this second wave of budget offerings.

The reviews on the first wave of this series have not been enthusiastic, but I guess if you're looking for a sketching tool, rather than a permanent solution, 'renting' a flawed pedal for $50 isn't so bad. What disappoints me is that Uli Behringer has quickly gone to work on devaluing the TC brand with entry-level clones (not that TC was high-end before). On the + side, I had no idea that you could select all 4 modes simultaneously on the Boss DC-2, having never owned one.

TC's 3rd Dimension is obviously based around this long-discontinued pedal, with a $300 asking price on the used market. The original Dimension C pedal was based on the Roland Dimension D rack unit. Behringer has previously visited this circuit, in the form of its Space-C pedal. So perhaps this promises some marginal improvement, including a metal enclosure.

I almost got very excited but I only see a mono output on the 3rd Dimension, which completely misses the greatest part about the Dimension C, which is its wide, interesting stereo image.

You can't select all four modes on the original DC-2 but the Behringer version (and some digital emulations in multieffects units) can.

Guess I'll still have to pray for a DC-2w and hope it's not $200, which it will be.
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Strange Tales » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:29 pm

There is also a clone for the DC-2 available now. I've been mulling if I want to build it or not:

https://aionelectronics.com/project/blu ... -c-chorus/
木枯らし // 木漏れ日 // 風に綱は戦ぐ

Strange Tales Distro - Japanese Underground Music Distribution in the US

Invisible Man wrote:Strange Tales: putting the ‘weeb’ in ‘dweeb’ since whenever.
Strange Tales

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby friendship » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:44 pm

Strange Tales wrote:There is also a clone for the DC-2 available now. I've been mulling if I want to build it or not:

https://aionelectronics.com/project/blu ... -c-chorus/

Holy shit who do I have to commission to build me one
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby DRodriguez » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:19 pm

I can do it if you wait until January.
DRodriguez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear