Been a while since we had a HARMONIC PERCOLATOR thread, no?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Been a while since we had a HARMONIC PERCOLATOR thread,

Postby ck3 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:28 am

actualidiot wrote:But not quite good enough or?

I posted a mini review and link to a clip a few pages back. :hello:

The Zander Cafetiere outlasted a Frederic Effects Utility Perkolator during a recent gear purge. The all-silicon skronk was more to my liking, and its bypassed diode mode interacts in a more pleasing manner when boosting heavy fuzzes. My only complaint is that there is excessive hum, electrical noise, and intermittent RF interference when the max fuzz mode is engaged. Given the wiring looks a bit messy and noises in question are tempered by rolling off my guitars' volume knobs, I wonder if the circuit is properly shielded, though other rig-related factors could be at play. I seldom engage max fuzz, so the noises don't detract from the overall utility of the pedal. It still sees action from time to time when rotated onto my board.

My current Harmonic Percolator variant of choice is the JDM Pedals Little Steamer, which improves upon the original circuit in a manner that increases versatility and lowers the noise floor without neutering anything. Don't pay mind to any dad rock-ish demos on YouTube. While it can certainly chime out blooz wankery, the Little Steamer also crackles, rumbles, and roars equally well. I uploaded a demo on Soundcloud earlier this year.

Has anyone tried the Blue Dinosaur Electronics Coffee Grinder? Its feature set looks appealing in much the same manner as the Little Steamer's. The price is a bit rich for my blood at the moment, but may be within reach when I have income again.
ck3

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby echorec » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:24 pm

echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:32 pm

No reason to go through Reverb when you can just get it directly from dminner here:

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=57530
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby echorec » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:43 pm

Chankgeez wrote:
No reason to go through Reverb when you can just get it directly from dminner here:

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=57530

I looked for that in the search engine, but since he didn't type 'Percolator', it didn't come up.
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:00 pm

:thumb:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby ck3 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:45 pm

So many possibilities in that enormous enclosure (cue Chankgeez TWSS comment :p).
ck3

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:42 pm

:idk: ;)
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:25 am

#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ck3 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:34 am

Those HP-2's have been selling out on a weekly basis on Reverb for the past month, so someone around here must own one by now. If so, we want deets. Pronto. :hello:

[edit:] There's a dad-rockish YouTube demo by Gear Lizard that seems to demonstrate the versatility and noise floor of the HP-2 decently, though it will leave viewers hoping for Shellac riffs unfulfilled.
ck3

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby mathias » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:11 am

I saw one of these HP-2's in a video on Instagram and didn't know what it was, but I know that the sound made me go "whoa"

What do all you Harmonic Percolator fiends think about the Even Anguish compared to to-spec Harmonic percolator clones? I'm really digging mine, and it might be my guitar, but it doesn't behave like I've heard HPs sound, at all. It is thoroughly on my board as my distortion sound, though, because I dig it so much.
ILF Equipped :love:

skullservant wrote:You can like whatever you want so long as it makes you happy

Searching for that new sound.
If you can read this, then I'm back? :?:
mathias

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby karmablock » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:56 pm

Cathy from Datachoir did a demo
karmablock

experienced
experienced

Postby mathias » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:59 pm

That was it! Totally rad!
ILF Equipped :love:

skullservant wrote:You can like whatever you want so long as it makes you happy

Searching for that new sound.
If you can read this, then I'm back? :?:
mathias

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby oldangelmidnight » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:14 pm

New pals.
The Pig Pile sounds fantastic. I've tried a few variations on the Percolator and this one seems to nail what is essential to the circuit while giving useful and interesting options. Plus it looks amazing.
The prototype is fun to play around with. Most of the switches only make subtle changes. I like the treble bleed on lower-gain settings.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:22 pm

:love:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby codetocontra » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:46 pm

Pig Pile looks great. Almost grabbed one but too many gain pedals in my possession right now. Your opinions make me wish I had anyway.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear