Hey Let's Go to the Library

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Hey Let's Go to the Library

Postby infamousalien » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:13 pm

About 45 mins away from AA. I'm in AA pretty frequently.
infamousalien

experienced
experienced

Postby Iommic Pope » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:40 pm

Invisible Man wrote:So this same library had a mini Moogfest today. Thanks to spacelordmother for alerting me.

I don’t even know what to say. I can check a meat box out of this library any day of the week. There were local modular builders and collectives there. Arturia stuff. Tons of Moog gear. Theremin. Critter and Guitari. Make Noise. So much modular that I didn't even get to look at all of it. Ran into a colleague and a friend right away, talked with tons of people. Hung out with the Red Panda guy for a while, played with the new Tensor (which is pretty great).

Several performances, lots of weirdness. The MC ran his audio through glitch pedals.

This happened in the giant basement of a local library.

I almost cried. Not kidding. Asked the staff if we could do this every weekend.

That is incredible.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Invisible Man » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:17 pm

I read it and it sounds like a dream.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.

https://soundcloud.com/invisible-man-music
https://bradromans.bandcamp.com/album/figures
Invisible Man

Zen of BILF
Zen of BILF

Postby Psyre » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:47 pm

Fuck, I was just hone for a wedding this weekend, wish I could have been there for that 8'''( I gotta get back up here full time asap
Psyre

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Invisible Man » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:24 am

And lemme know when you do.

This thing got me plugged in with some great people. Finally found a way to work my weird schemes into local performances. I guess there’s a market for the kind of stuff I do that isn’t happening at 1am in basements. (Nothing wrong with that, but I’ve been there and done that.)
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.

https://soundcloud.com/invisible-man-music
https://bradromans.bandcamp.com/album/figures
Invisible Man

Zen of BILF
Zen of BILF

Postby ibarakishi » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:39 am

This is so cool.

Here in Thailand the libraries are pretty terrible honestly. If you live anywhere out of Bangkok or Chiang Mai, then you are extremely limited to any sort of outside academic literature or ideas, let alone film or art/music. Usually universities are the only places to access anything. And even those, along with many public libraries, require a paid membership that is more money than lower class people simply could never afford. And many universities are now not letting local people or people without memberships to even enter in some areas like mine in my city. Ideas and knowledge are extremely controlled here, and the idea that such things are supported by government money in a way that isn't complete propaganda is next to unheard of here. It is sad in many ways, because the late king of Thailand was credited for basically 'educating his kingdom' and opening the doors to knowledge, but obviously only if that knowledge directly supported and strengthened his royal family and the holy image of his reign. There are many brave people doing their own independent libraries/spaces to share things that are outside of this, and many of them are considered very subversive by the government and are either directly fighting with the military/government sensors in order to at least have something leaking into the country in way that can't be simply erased or blocked from view on the internet from the military. I really really really hope that someday in Thailand's future we will have things like this, but under the current military reign and with the overall lack of critical thinking here in general, i don't see it happening in the foreseeable future. Over here if people have a skill or a passion, pretty much you have to be the one that opens your doors of your home to encourage and invite the community around you to take part in what you are doing and show them why it is of importance in your life, which is what i have had to do. We have to directly build our own communities around us from what little we have, which is becoming increasingly harder the longer the military drains the country of all it has.

Seeing things like this is awesome. If you enjoy using it, please be use your voice to let keep it around for others and don't forget to speak up for what you have so it isn't lost.
good deals/trades/business with: JonnyAngle, rdw102, crochambeau, worra, $harkToootth, Olin, fuzzonaut, friendship, ianmarks, digi2t
ibarakishi

experienced
experienced

Previous

Return to General Gear