Let's see your STUDIO!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your STUDIO!

Postby odontophobia » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:19 am

BitchPudding wrote:Originally I was planning on insulating but it ended up being to expensive. The constrution alone ended up being around $2000. Sound proofing will happen in slow incriments as my budget allows.

As for security, currently have a heavy duty master lock but me and my band mates are gonna invest in a nicer lock system for it. Researching that tonight actually. And if any of you have suggestions for a secure locking mechanisim, give me the links. Price is NOT an issue when it comes to keeping this shit locked up tight.

Catalog the gear you keep inside of it and make sure that it's covered by your insurance. That'd be the number one thing.

Fuck a lock. I mean it's good but it's a plywood shack and somebody could get in if they REALLY wanted to get in and rob you.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby odontophobia » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:19 am

BitchPudding wrote:Originally I was planning on insulating but it ended up being to expensive. The constrution alone ended up being around $2000. Sound proofing will happen in slow incriments as my budget allows.

As for security, currently have a heavy duty master lock but me and my band mates are gonna invest in a nicer lock system for it. Researching that tonight actually. And if any of you have suggestions for a secure locking mechanisim, give me the links. Price is NOT an issue when it comes to keeping this shit locked up tight.

Catalog the gear you keep inside of it and make sure that it's covered by your insurance. That'd be the number one thing.

Fuck a lock. I mean it's good but it's a plywood shack and somebody could get in if they REALLY wanted to get in and rob you.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:56 am

And a lock won't do anything to reinforce the hinges, which are another way to open a door with a good lock.
Good deals: OsbornKT, Phantasmagorovich, UglyCasanova, DarkAxel, Skip, D.o.S, ColdBrightSunlight, Eivind August, Goroth

https://linktr.ee/disarmdarcy

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disarm D'arcy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby crochambeau » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:18 am

Motion sensor lighting is another deterrent.

I take it you are living amongst understanding neighbours?
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby lordgalvar » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:01 pm

Steel bars. It's the only way. Run them long ways from top to bottom and put like a lever latch at the top with a bar that attaches to the bottom lever latch where it locks on both doors. Salvage some old steel gates or something (all the reinforcing should be on the inside). I would also make one door barred from the inside but still openable. Two doors on one lock has more leverage to break the screws.

Use wierd screws...stars or square instead of phillips. Or bolts when you can (and security bolts are even better).

Did you lath the entire outside with a moisture barrier?

Cover the hinges (because doors open outward) with some kind of trim/pocket. It will prevent the door to open fully, but it will make it slightly harder (had to build this into a strange house I remodeled). Enclosed/no pin hinges on top of that (obvious though...doubt you used pin hinges).

I have French doors in my garage and they were too easy to kick in because of leverage so I boarded em up with 4x8 beams and 2x8s lag bolted to the wall. I will convert it to a steel frame and door reinforcements. Already reinforced my house doors with angle iron and bolts at the deadbolt...plus security screens.

Nothing is really fully secure, it's all about obstructing easy targets (someone tried to rob us not long ago...kinda learned this stuff). I'm sure some of this is also a balance between making it look like some stuff worth stealing inside, just normal crazy homeowner work, and not worth messing with (just has rakes and shovels inisde) (on that note, make sure their are no tools that can be used to pry like shovels or stakes exposed in the backyard...that's what they did to me)

I know this isnt100% thief proof...but it is all a big enough pain in the ass that no one will really mess with it haha.

My new (temp) studio will be done this week. Then I build another new one outside after I remodel the back yard and build a new shed.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby BitchPudding » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:24 pm

Thanks for all the feedback. Motion sensor lighting is the next step actually. On top of theif deterent its dark as hell sometimes when im out there so the light would be nice.

It was mosture sealed when it was first constructed, that was high on the priority list for me.

The steel bars thing is and excellent suggestion. Ill check that out right now.

As far as gear catalogued, i have about half of it done. Some new stuff I've gotten still needs to be properly cataloged but thats it otherwise.
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby blakestree » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:52 pm

That pup of yours would prolly make a pretty good guard dog. :p
While leaves shall fall, do branches intertwine, that we remain bound.

Blake's Tree
blakestree

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby BitchPudding » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:15 pm

Haha, dude hes hella bicious low key! Dude has a serious nepolion complex.

So i can tfind any security bars other than UK listed ones. Would 2000mm be enough to span double doors on a 10x10 shed?

Also have some star socket screws for the hinges.
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby crochambeau » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:34 pm

BitchPudding wrote:Would 2000mm be enough to span double doors on a 10x10 shed?

2000 mm = 78.74016 inches

Though shipping metal from UK would be a motherfucker on that. I'd say dig through the scrap /offcut pile at your local metal yard, sometimes the materials section of craigslist is also a goldmine for this sort of shit.
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby FretNoMore » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:57 pm

behndy wrote:is there already a thread like this? COULD NOT FIND.

what's everybody's home setup like? murrrrrrrp?

my basic thinger right now -

and the little sideboard for pedals (through the Aux Send on the tiny mixer) -

Hey ... nice legs!

image.jpeg
FretNoMore

involved
involved

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:12 pm

I used IKEA capita legs under a painted wooden pallet to make a cheap upcycling coffee table for when I move out. Great ikehack product.
Good deals: OsbornKT, Phantasmagorovich, UglyCasanova, DarkAxel, Skip, D.o.S, ColdBrightSunlight, Eivind August, Goroth

https://linktr.ee/disarmdarcy

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disarm D'arcy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby behndy » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:05 pm

CAPTIA LEGS ARE SO USEFUL.

i LIKE that desk. and setup. SO SEXY.

lol. like two weeks later and my yarea looks way different than that pic. WOOT.
Eric! wrote:YOU'RE like having two pedals in one
with your...momentary fuck switch and all..

theactionindex wrote:QUADRACOCK BEHNDERFUCK

music, videos, in progress - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

okay, Plan B - PANICImage
behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby behndy » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:32 am

WOOT. GROWTH.

..... still so jealous of people with loads of space. i would love to have everything/more laid out on a longer desk or some such.

behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby thesmellofrain » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:46 am

Current bedroom studio. Small selection of pedals(the SD-1 is modded ;) ). 4 track is used both for recording and as a mixer for inputs into the H4n. Simple and fun.
Bend & Release.
thesmellofrain

involved
involved

Postby behndy » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:53 am

beauuuuuuuuuutifulllllllllll.

behndy

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear