EAR AD4096 Mk2 - FX LOOP and 800ms of Delay Time

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: EAR AD4096 Mk2 - FX LOOP and 800ms of Delay Time

Postby $harkToootth » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:40 pm

100% it.
The only addendum I have is, like Rock Stars or Athletes, a sort of ego "can" eventually build per people saying 'their shit is awesome' 'the best' etc. so a builder may think they have a monopoly of customers...problem with that is...this is the world of pedals...not pacemakers and other medical equipment...ergo there is plenty of cool shit to choose from.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: EAR AD4096 Mk2 - FX LOOP and 800ms of Delay Time

Postby weebles » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:48 am

$harkToootth wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:
Piggy backing off the riffing...the only reason I'm re-posting this is because it's one of my favorite posts on ILF.
NSFW: show
weebles wrote:
EndangeredAudioMark wrote:The Gristleizer is a totally different pedal, literally component-for-component, than Spectravibe. It will definitely hold a place sonically, but we personally think the old Gristleizer VCF circuit that went into that version is shite, and the new one in Spectravibe sounds a lot better. And yeah, there have been lots of delays, but it's two steps backwards, three steps forwards. If we had gotten it out on time, it wouldn't be as cool as it is now. I think people will agree it's going to be the best most versatile AND affordable analog modulation pedal on the market. We really should be charging like $350-$400 for all the engineering that went into this, but especially since we don't do dealers anymore, we can keep our prices down.

Honestly, every time these guys make a post, it further deters me from buying any of their products. "Yeah, we're working really hard and we should be charing a whole lot more for R&D. You're welcome it's not $500" ... "You're getting a super deal on this discount, but we're going to give everyone the same discount in a month, anyway." ... ""The last batch of stuff we put out we admittedly thought sucked, but charged around the same price that this batch will be. This batch is awesome." :idk: Maybe I'm too jaded?

Edit: It also seems like the only time I see them post is when I'm a few drinks in, so maybe it's a Me Problem.

Edit Edit: You know what, man - you do you. *I'm* probably the asshole in this scenario.

Hey, I'm a few drinks in tonight and fuck these guys still.

Edit: I haven't seen them post, though, but I'm sure they'll be on in no time to charge $25 for a knob they got from some super specialized bunsen burner manufacturer.

Edit Edit: I still wouldn't mind an AD4096 because I'm a sucker.
weebles

experienced
experienced

Previous

Return to General Gear