IdiotBox Effects tourbox of the U.S. on the mo'fuckin' move!

Moderators: PumpkinPieces, metalmariachi

Re: IdiotBox Effects tourbox of the U.S. on the mo'fuckin' m

Postby lordgalvar » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:13 pm

Chankgeez wrote:Just a reminder that Atarimatt want to invade yo' space:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6HP0b36KWI

Jeez, where have I been?

:!!!: That thing is pretty neat! Was waiting for a demo.
Where can I cash my e-cred? What's my balance?
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby baremountain » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:01 pm

So I've finally gotten around to spending time with these dudes, though still not as much as I'd like. Here are my thoughts on them:
Power boost - I'm not normally one for fancy boosts, but I really enjoyed this guy. The EQ section was handy in tone sculpting. It shines in driving other gains. I think the Power Boost into the Whores was my favorite.
Whores Fuzz Freq - I really liked this pedal's design. Super intuitive layout, and the order switching was a great feature. The filter sounds damn good - resonant but not too resonant. Filter into fuzz made for some wicked timbres & weird harmonic structures, and fuzz into filter worked nicely to clean up the fuzz's articulation. I had to set the bias trim pot back to 3:00 (sorry it was set wrong for you Res :( ) and that made a huge difference, from a real "eh" of a pedal to one I thoroughly enjoyed.
Static Fuzz - I didn't spend as much time with this one as I'd like, but it seemed pretty nifty. Small footprint and it packed quite a punch. The noise dialed in gives really thick harmonic content at the output, and it sounded pretty nice even at low fuzz settings.
Landphil - Holy crap this pedal is awesome. Took me a minute to realize that the top knobs were a pre-gain stage's distortion, low, and high knobs, but once I did I was dialing in all kinds of wicked sounds. Diming both bass knobs adds a TON low frequency oomph to the signal, and the distortion range is from mild to absolute gnarly noisiness. This one made me whip out my bass and get lost for a good 30 minutes. I'm not typically one for distortion, but this was a real treat indeed. The clipping sounded really nice, unlike several distortion units I've played.

I'll try and find some time to do a demo video before I ship it off but honestly I've got a ton of screen printing to do when I'm not at work, so my days are swamped right now.
But I'm super appreciative for being included in the tourbox, and I'd like to add a Whores or Landphil to my setup full time eventually.
Inner Vegas wrote:I don't think anyone is Obama
baremountain

experienced
experienced

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:09 pm

Nice! Good impressions. If you can get to do a video, it'd be appreciated. If not, I think we'll understand. Yeah, :love: the Landphil.

Not that it's gonna help too many tourbox participants at this point, but, once again, for the record:

Chankgeez wrote:Straight from the pen of Atarimatt:

"As for the trimmers, the one in the landphil controls the output from the modded blowerbox circuit (which is all of the top knobs and the one on the topside below the DIST knob) into the extra high/low EQ circuit(two knobs on the topside below the HIGH/LOW knobs) which is basically like a Sonic Maximizer. I set that trimmer straight in the middle.

For the WHORES trimmer I usually set it about 3 oclock. Turning that one counter clockwise should eventually start to gate the fuzz."

He also said he's diggin' everybody's feedback on the pedals so far. :thumb: :doom:
Alice: balls have a ball to me to me to me to me to me to me to me to me
"You can't copyright circuits really." - Ed Sanner …………….0.............
"The effects market was really nothing more than a bunch of beggars and theives, all building off one another's work." - Dan Armstrong…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here

I don't have a pedalboard. If I did, it'd be worth approximately 666 Metal Zones.
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Previous

Return to General Gear