IdiotBox Effects tourbox of the U.S. on the endless boogie!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: IdiotBox Effects tourbox of the U.S. on the mo'fuckin' m

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:49 am

:thumb: Thanks, Mr. Angle, yeah, you guys looked like you had lots of stuff to do in all those videos/photos. Glad you had fun! :hug:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Jwar » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:35 pm

Official report. I'm done. Barely had any time to mess with any of them. So, I can't really say much. LOL. They've been sitting in the box almost the entire time. I just haven't had time. Been too busy with work bs this last week.

So, I'm ready to send it out. Sorry I didn't contribute like I'd hoped.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:52 pm

Do you need a little more time with 'em?
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Jwar » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:57 pm

I can try to get to them Tuesday or maybe tomorrow if I'm lucky. Today is my only free day and I'm leaving my house in a few. LOL. I'm working on redoing a house, so I've been stupid busy with that. Maybe give me a few more days and I'll try and sit down and see what they are all about. Thanks
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:59 pm

Yeah, definitely take some more time. I'll PM you in a few days. :hug:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby resincum » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:30 am

I am excited :excellent:
i'm glad i can call you a friend. even if i'll never see you again
resincum

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:56 pm

In case anybody missed it, here's just a reminder about the controls on the Landphil:

Chankgeez wrote:Straight from the pen of Atarimatt:

"As for the trimmers, the one in the landphil controls the output from the modded blowerbox circuit (which is all of the top knobs and the one on the topside below the DIST knob) into the extra high/low EQ circuit(two knobs on the topside below the HIGH/LOW knobs) which is basically like a Sonic Maximizer. I set that trimmer straight in the middle.

For the WHORES trimmer I usually set it about 3 oclock. Turning that one counter clockwise should eventually start to gate the fuzz."

He also said he's diggin' everybody's feedback on the pedals so far. :thumb: :doom:

(Nice demo, jwar!) :)*
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:01 pm

Hmmm. LOL! Guess I should have read that.

Well, I did a demo. 20 minute demo but I did one. Hope some of you dig it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4j-8z-G11U&t=410s[/youtube]

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:44 pm

jwar wrote:Hmmm. LOL! Guess I should have read that.

Well, I did a demo. 20 minute demo but I did one. Hope some of you dig it.

:thumb: :love:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:39 pm

Just a reminder that Atarimatt want to invade yo' space:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6HP0b36KWI
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby baremountain » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:53 pm

Got the goods! Thanks for the candy, res!! ;)
Inner Vegas wrote:I don't think anyone is Obama

#wheresthebirthcertificate #obamahoax

solo tunes:
completed works || loosey goosey releases
associated acts:
Raab Zamboni (fake jazz/real noise//sax, modular synth, editing, misc) || Field Guide (my best friends//sax on 2 tracks)

I make t-shirts, patches, koozies, buttons, CDs, sometimes tapes, and eventually i'll start working on pedals again. DM me for pricing!
baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:54 pm

:snax:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby resincum » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:55 am

yeehaw I'm glad you dig em!

here's a lil video I put together with the pedals.. couldn't crank em unfortunately (that's where they really shine) aaand I had to dial the shit out of the bass cause I live in an apt complex and I swear every one of these fuckers brought the low low. anyways, it's just a loop with the vol rolled back then on. then some dicking around. there's a pt.i somewhere with a sludgier riff. no mixing or anything either.. muahahah. it was a vmjm with the lead cause the rhythm circuit brought the frikkin low lows. thanks again chank and idiotbox homie

so the POWERBOOST is a gnarly straight up boost. gnarly cause it gets fucking LOUD and it gets kind of fuzzy when you crank the gain. it's all up front tho so not much sustain. EQ is powerful on this thing.

the LANDPHILL is grime city. tons of flexibility. I'm a son of a bitch so I haven't really been jiving with rats but this fucker sounded FAT or should i say PHAT when being pushed. another powerful EQ section. I can hear how it's tailored to bass but it still fuckin rips with guitar. fucker is big.

STATIC FUZZ!!! my favorite. so fucking raunchy in all the right ways. gets splatty when you crank the white noise, pretty perfect when it's dialed back. thing is tuned beautifully. rips hard

WHORES... son of a bitch needs an EXP/CV jack!!! it would rule SO MUCH with one. loved the filter side. fuzz side is dope too but it's kind of...flat? raw? kind of sputtery? it was sick and nasty but definitely favored working with another pedal. honestly I thought it was broken cause it made crap sounds unless being pushed. maybe it is? anywho it was fun as hell to play with. I would love one of these with an exp jack..

so that's that thanks SOOO MUCH chankgeez and idiotbox homie for making this happen. was super tiiiight
i'm glad i can call you a friend. even if i'll never see you again
resincum

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:09 am

:thumb: :love:

Gettin' some nice sounds with the Static Fuzz there!

Excellent videography as well. Surprisingly, I wasn't already subscribed to your channel. I've fixed that. :snax:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:22 am

resincum wrote:
WHORES... son of a bitch needs an EXP/CV jack!!! it would rule SO MUCH with one. loved the filter side. fuzz side is dope too but it's kind of...flat? raw? kind of sputtery? it was sick and nasty but definitely favored working with another pedal. honestly I thought it was broken cause it made crap sounds unless being pushed. maybe it is? anywho it was fun as hell to play with. I would love one of these with an exp jack..

There's a bias trimmer inside the WHORES. By your description, sounds like somebody messed with it and didn't set it back to where it was. :idk:

Messin' with it might've solved your concerns. :snax:

In the future (and not just for you, resin), don't be afraid to ask questions about the pedals if you wanna know somethin'. If I can't answer a question, I can just ask Matt. He may not provide all the info right up front, but he's always more than happy to give answers about stuff.
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear