IdiotBox Effects tourbox of the U.S. on the endless boogie!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: IdiotBox Effects tourbox of the U.S. on the mo'fuckin' m

Postby lordgalvar » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:13 pm

Chankgeez wrote:Just a reminder that Atarimatt want to invade yo' space:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6HP0b36KWI

Jeez, where have I been?

:!!!: That thing is pretty neat! Was waiting for a demo.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby baremountain » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:01 pm

So I've finally gotten around to spending time with these dudes, though still not as much as I'd like. Here are my thoughts on them:
Power boost - I'm not normally one for fancy boosts, but I really enjoyed this guy. The EQ section was handy in tone sculpting. It shines in driving other gains. I think the Power Boost into the Whores was my favorite.
Whores Fuzz Freq - I really liked this pedal's design. Super intuitive layout, and the order switching was a great feature. The filter sounds damn good - resonant but not too resonant. Filter into fuzz made for some wicked timbres & weird harmonic structures, and fuzz into filter worked nicely to clean up the fuzz's articulation. I had to set the bias trim pot back to 3:00 (sorry it was set wrong for you Res :( ) and that made a huge difference, from a real "eh" of a pedal to one I thoroughly enjoyed.
Static Fuzz - I didn't spend as much time with this one as I'd like, but it seemed pretty nifty. Small footprint and it packed quite a punch. The noise dialed in gives really thick harmonic content at the output, and it sounded pretty nice even at low fuzz settings.
Landphil - Holy crap this pedal is awesome. Took me a minute to realize that the top knobs were a pre-gain stage's distortion, low, and high knobs, but once I did I was dialing in all kinds of wicked sounds. Diming both bass knobs adds a TON low frequency oomph to the signal, and the distortion range is from mild to absolute gnarly noisiness. This one made me whip out my bass and get lost for a good 30 minutes. I'm not typically one for distortion, but this was a real treat indeed. The clipping sounded really nice, unlike several distortion units I've played.

I'll try and find some time to do a demo video before I ship it off but honestly I've got a ton of screen printing to do when I'm not at work, so my days are swamped right now.
But I'm super appreciative for being included in the tourbox, and I'd like to add a Whores or Landphil to my setup full time eventually.
Inner Vegas wrote:I don't think anyone is Obama

#wheresthebirthcertificate #obamahoax

solo tunes:
completed works || loosey goosey releases
associated acts:
Raab Zamboni (fake jazz/real noise//sax, modular synth, editing, misc) || Field Guide (my best friends//sax on 2 tracks)

I make t-shirts, patches, koozies, buttons, CDs, sometimes tapes, and eventually i'll start working on pedals again. DM me for pricing!
baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:09 pm

Nice! Good impressions. If you can get to do a video, it'd be appreciated. If not, I think we'll understand. Yeah, :love: the Landphil.

Not that it's gonna help too many tourbox participants at this point, but, once again, for the record:

Chankgeez wrote:Straight from the pen of Atarimatt:

"As for the trimmers, the one in the landphil controls the output from the modded blowerbox circuit (which is all of the top knobs and the one on the topside below the DIST knob) into the extra high/low EQ circuit(two knobs on the topside below the HIGH/LOW knobs) which is basically like a Sonic Maximizer. I set that trimmer straight in the middle.

For the WHORES trimmer I usually set it about 3 oclock. Turning that one counter clockwise should eventually start to gate the fuzz."

He also said he's diggin' everybody's feedback on the pedals so far. :thumb: :doom:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby adamaarts » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:28 pm

adamaarts

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:45 pm

:thumb: Have a blast! :rock:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:08 pm

#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: IdiotBox Effects tourbox of the U.S. on the endless boog

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:15 pm

Also, hatshirt has announced his intention to enter the neverending fray. :snax:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby hatshirt » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:43 pm

the tourbox just arrived safely in the mail! written reviews soon to come!
hatshirt

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:44 pm

:!!!: :thumb: :snax:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:30 pm

#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby hatshirt » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:27 pm

i spent some time with the tourbox this week and the all the pedals are really fun! most of the time spent was playing at home but i did take them to one band practice. i can only add written reviews right now because i only have a flip phone and no camera, rolling old school. here are my thoughts on each pedal.

Powerboost-- this one was a pretty rad boost/overdrive! i used it with my band at practice and it really cut through in the mix well when i ran it through my les paul and twin reverb. kinda reminded me of an EQD monarch at some settings. i really enjoyed diming the boost and keeping the treble and bass around 2oclock. at lower setting it was a good boost and powerful as the name suggests! it also stacked really well with a turbo rat and a green big muff.

Whores Fuzz/Freq-- this pedal is awesome! the fuzz is super thick and when the fuzz is maxed it kinda reminded me of devi's torns peaker or my pig pile harmonic percolator clone by laowiz meets a big muff. the freq portion was really rad, i liked using the pedal with the freq only on and running a turbo rat or boss hyper fuzz in it. i like that it is two pedals in one! with both sides on it sounded super cool. with both sides maxed out and the switch set to the fuzz side, that was my favorite setting. great for interludes, intros, etc. when i get extra cash i am gonna track down one of these for sure!

LandPhil-- this pedal is burly as fuck! the distortion is intense and the eq control is well thought out. sounded massive with a les paul at band volumes, and still as massive playing at home. the overall sound reminded me of the boss hm-2 or throat locust or even a dod grunge! but even more extreme! i enjoyed the landphil, its a brutal pedal!

Static Fuzz-- the static fuzz is tied with the whores. fuzz as my favorite. the fuzz tone is awesome and the addition of noise and feedback with the big knob that can be controlled with your foot is great! i really enjoyed doing some long feedback experiments with this pedal, a boss dd-6, and a big box memory man. spacey as fuck! with the white noise all the way down i could get some percussive weirdness going when i hit the strings. really cool sounds with this pedal!

the tourbox this time around was a good one. matt makes really rad looking pedals that sound fantastic and i am going to get some of these for my collection in the near future!
hatshirt

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:36 pm

WOO HOO! :!!!: Awesome, hatshirt, thanks! Glad to hear you had fun with 'em.

I'll soon PM you where they're goin' next.
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby hatshirt » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:46 pm

Chankgeez wrote:WOO HOO! :!!!: Awesome, hatshirt, thanks! Glad to hear you had fun with 'em.

I'll soon PM you where they're goin' next.

thanks for letting me in on the fun!
hatshirt

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:22 am

You are most welcome.

Just bumping this one last time to see if anybody wants to get in any last minute comments…

and to hear what people may wanna see in the next IdiotBox tourbox. :snax:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Previous

Return to General Gear