IdiotBox Effects tourbox of the U.S. on the endless boogie!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: IdiotBox Effects tourbox of the U.S. on the mo'fuckin' m

Postby JonnyAngle » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:18 am

This will be hot
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:53 pm

Well, I don't think people are gonna be disappointed with these pedals. They're all killer. :evil:

I shot a crappy, little preview featuring some of my boring Grade A wankery/noodling:

Hopefully I'll have some time to shoot some more footage. :idk: :snax:

The Static Fuzz and the PowerBoost are off camera (obviously). Static Fuzz I've been running with the tone and the white noise dimed and the drive 3/4ths of the way up. PowerBoost has the treble and bass at noon, the boost at 3:00 and the volume just past 9:00.

Even if I don't get to do more video, I'll write out some of my thoughts on these soon. :)*

P.S. That's the Blower Box I already have there for comparison's sake. As much as I :love: it, the Landphil sounds much better and is way more versatile. In fact, I think the Landphil's the most versatile of this bunch. Not only huge in size, huge in sound as well.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby infamousalien » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:34 pm

Chankgeez wrote:Well, I don't think people are gonna be disappointed with these pedals. They're all killer. :evil:

I shot a crappy, little preview featuring some of my boring Grade A wankery/noodling:

Hopefully I'll have some time to shoot some more footage. :idk: :snax:

The Static Fuzz and the PowerBoost are off camera (obviously). Static Fuzz I've been running with the tone and the white noise dimed and the drive 3/4ths of the way up. PowerBoost has the treble and bass at noon, the boost at 3:00 and the volume just past 9:00.

Even if I don't get to do more video, I'll write out some of my thoughts on these soon. :)*

P.S. That's the Blower Box I already have there for comparison's sake. As much as I :love: it, the Landphil sounds much better and is way more versatile. In fact, I think the Landphil's the most versatile of this bunch. Not only huge in size, huge in sound as well.

Landphil sounds really good. Might have to pick one up. Slightly off topic...how do you like the Mantic Thug?
infamousalien

experienced
experienced

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:38 pm

Mantic Thug is great. It's like an always on pedal for me. I use it to add some low end to my signal. Very limited application, but it does it well.

Range on the controls isn't that great. It's pretty much all or nothing (or almost all or nothing). :lol:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby JereFuzz » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:07 pm

Just get the frequency mangler plug in an expression pedal and call it a day. It's the nastiest pedal I've ever played (ugly face may have been nastier but I screwed up putting it together and abandoned it) ...

You can get the ugly face pcb from musicpcb - it is a Tim Escobedo design
“We learn from history that we do not learn from history.”
― Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel
JereFuzz

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:42 pm

Gonna be passin' these along to rickenbastard later today.

How I used these: PowerBoost was used towards the end of my signal chain. Which is generally where I'd place Colorsound Power Boost/Overdriver-type pedals. The Whores. Fuzz Freq and the Static Fuzz were used towards the front of my chain. They both stack well into other fuzzes and other pedals. Although, some of their unique character may be lost in stacking (especially with the Static Fuzz). The filter on the Whores is nice for going into other pedals on its own as well. I generally like Whores and Static with most of the controls full up. Landphil is great wherever.

Sorry, I wasn't able to record more (or more focused) videos. This's what I've got (really just a whole lot of noise):

Was hoping the Landphil was able to get some nice low gain sounds. :lol: That was what I saw/heard as the only weak spot with the Blower Box. Not really. :|: It's OK though. That's the IdiotBox aesthetic. It's still quite the versatile ass kickin' dirt box. Sounded even greater than I expected.

:love: :doom:

Decided to do a quick and dirty comparison of the Whores. Fuzz Freq and the Magnetic Effects Double Feature because they're pretty similar. One of the nice things about the Whores is the switch which allows you to put the filter either before or after the fuzz. That's a feature I wish were included on the Double Feature. I had asked Christian at Magnetic about that as well as an expression input to sweep the filter and he thought it added too much cost to the pedal. Don't know how Matt (or Christian from Whores) feels about the expression input. I think it'd make for a more versatile pedal, but the name of my band isn't the one on the pedal. So… :idk: Just a suggestion. (There's also a bias trimmer inside the Whores. I was hoping it was for filter volume, but it isn't. I didn't touch it. If you do, please, set it back to where it was {if you remember}.) A separate volume control for the filter would also be nice on both these pedals.

Shot this for fun:

Didn't really fool too too much with the PowerBoost. I no longer have a Black Arts Toneworks Black Forest to compare it to, but it sounded equally as good from what I can remember. I'd definitely consider it for that kinda sound.

So, that's about it. I had a lot of fun and think you will too. These pedals are all fantastic. Thanks to Matt for doing this again!

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :doom: :doom: :doom: :doom: :doom: :doom:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby rickenbastard » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:40 pm

SO SO SO SO STOKED to rock these at band practice tonight!!!
rickenbastard

committed
committed

Postby lordgalvar » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:41 pm

All the videos and write-ups are great Chankgeez!

A lot of the whores. sounds you were getting were awesome. I could kinda read that some of the static fuzz got lost in the chain.

Pretty excited about the tourbox. I'll get my landphil video done early I hope so I can move the thing along faster (have one and love it).

Thanks again Matt and Chankgeez!
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:05 pm

You're welcome, lordgalvar.

Your new demo of the Landphil sounds great too!

Also, this new pedal looks interesting... :snax: :

#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lordgalvar » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:38 am

Thanks! Got more coming eventually. Started a little playlist for my vids.

Really curious what that pedal sounds like...could be a blast!
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby odontophobia » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:18 am

Interesting. Matt was talking about some weird noise making pedal on Instagram. I'm guessing that's it.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Eivind August » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:53 am

Will it oscillate?

https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby rickenbastard » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:21 pm

thinking of recording brief mediocre cell phone videos of each pedal with bass just running through the tones of them. does this interest people if they're not of very high quality?
rickenbastard

committed
committed

Postby rickenbastard » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:45 am

Sorry these suck and I'm having trouble with the 3rd video so that'll be uploaded Monday but here's my contribution.

Whores: https://youtu.be/o-AYDzaUSpU
Power Booster: https://youtu.be/iPztK3vdyQI
rickenbastard

committed
committed

Postby lordgalvar » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:51 am

rickenbastard wrote:Sorry these suck and I'm having trouble with the 3rd video so that'll be uploaded Monday but here's my contribution.

Whores:

Power Booster:

Sounds good!
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear