UGLIEST GEAR

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: UGLIEST GEAR

Postby Jwar » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:00 am

Dapper Bandit wrote:
Jesus Was a Robot wrote:
lordgalvar wrote:He walked up to my friend at a show. Keanu was like, "Hey, know any cool shows after this one?" She said, "Nope." He kinda faded away back into the crowd. This must have been around 2000-2001.

(Keanu always seemed like a cool guy to me. Pretty cool that he goes to small venues and stuff).

Cool guy or not, he's one of the worst actors of our generation. hah

Not sure I could go as far as worst as long as Gerard Butler is still getting work and in fairness he was perfect in/for the Bill & Ted films! A slightly more recent pick would be A Scanner Darkly, which he was excellent in. Not sure how much of it was the source material playing to his strengths but he absolutely nailed it and held his own with Robert Downy Jr and Woody Harrelson, for crying out loud. Even in the Matrix, his portrayal of Neo as a dull-as-dishwater office drone finding out he's the messiah was sort of fitting.

Beyond that, I'm not going to be a Reeves apologist, The Last Samurai was awful as were most of the films he has been attached to. From what I've read he seems like an OK guy that's just trying to deal with his shit whilst being a big name so I just can't bring myself to hate his output, I'll just avoid it.

Ummm I've never heard such a ridiculous argument in my life, so you're going to have to give me a minute to collect myself here.

First and foremost, Gerard Butler actually has talent. I have literally NEVER heard anyone talk badly about his acting. Maybe I'm obvious here but I don't think so. I can easily name 10 movies he's been in that were good, while Reeves has been in like 2 tops. He is the very definition of Hollywood B list. Or fuck worse than that even. I'd put him on the same level as Ben Asslick. That's a fair comparison. Butler has more talent in his pinky than that dude has in his entire body. Butler is mostly an action movie star though, so those often get shit on.

A Scanner Darkly was fucking bad, the Matrix was fucking bad, The Last Samurai wasn't even him (it's Tom Cruise), I'm sure you're talking about 47 Ronin but you just invalidated your opinion by siting the wrong movie. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He's a fucking dullard. How many academy awards has he won for acting again? He won "best kissing scene" for MTV. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I mean, whatever man. You can like him if you want. I think he's a cool person, but he's a fucking terrible actor.

v
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Jwar » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:00 am

Dapper Bandit wrote:
Jesus Was a Robot wrote:
lordgalvar wrote:He walked up to my friend at a show. Keanu was like, "Hey, know any cool shows after this one?" She said, "Nope." He kinda faded away back into the crowd. This must have been around 2000-2001.

(Keanu always seemed like a cool guy to me. Pretty cool that he goes to small venues and stuff).

Cool guy or not, he's one of the worst actors of our generation. hah

Not sure I could go as far as worst as long as Gerard Butler is still getting work and in fairness he was perfect in/for the Bill & Ted films! A slightly more recent pick would be A Scanner Darkly, which he was excellent in. Not sure how much of it was the source material playing to his strengths but he absolutely nailed it and held his own with Robert Downy Jr and Woody Harrelson, for crying out loud. Even in the Matrix, his portrayal of Neo as a dull-as-dishwater office drone finding out he's the messiah was sort of fitting.

Beyond that, I'm not going to be a Reeves apologist, The Last Samurai was awful as were most of the films he has been attached to. From what I've read he seems like an OK guy that's just trying to deal with his shit whilst being a big name so I just can't bring myself to hate his output, I'll just avoid it.

Ummm I've never heard such a ridiculous argument in my life, so you're going to have to give me a minute to collect myself here.

First and foremost, Gerard Butler actually has talent. I have literally NEVER heard anyone talk badly about his acting. Maybe I'm obvious here but I don't think so. I can easily name 10 movies he's been in that were good, while Reeves has been in like 2 tops. He is the very definition of Hollywood B list. Or fuck worse than that even. I'd put him on the same level as Ben Asslick. That's a fair comparison. Butler has more talent in his pinky than that dude has in his entire body. Butler is mostly an action movie star though, so those often get shit on.

A Scanner Darkly was fucking bad, the Matrix was fucking bad, The Last Samurai wasn't even him (it's Tom Cruise), I'm sure you're talking about 47 Ronin but you just invalidated your opinion by siting the wrong movie. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He's a fucking dullard. How many academy awards has he won for acting again? He won "best kissing scene" for MTV. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I mean, whatever man. You can like him if you want. I think he's a cool person, but he's a fucking terrible actor.

v
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Jwar » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:02 am

Also Robert Downey Jr and Harrelson? Really? Come on now. That's just dumb.

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:03 am

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:
A Scanner Darkly was fucking bad

:wha?:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby antennafarm » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:23 am

it got real high school hallway in here all of a sudden
ANTIMAGIC MEDIA - antimagic.net
antennafarm

experienced
experienced

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:35 am

:idk:

sylnau's thinking about swapping the body on his Tele out for this:

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Jwar » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:49 am

antennafarm wrote:it got real high school hallway in here all of a sudden

I don’t even know what that means. Like taking? Are describing talking?

I hate Reeves so it’s a passionate subject for me.

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby lost in music » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:19 pm

Damn, if I had spending cash I'd get a Magikarp tele.
This is a very impressive collection of Roto Toms. That's 21 Roto Toms in all. That is only $33.00 a Roto Tom.
lost in music

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Location: Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.

Postby lost in music » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:21 pm

On Daphne blue even!
This is a very impressive collection of Roto Toms. That's 21 Roto Toms in all. That is only $33.00 a Roto Tom.
lost in music

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Location: Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.

Postby BLOOD EAGLE » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:30 pm

lost in music wrote:Damn, if I had spending cash I'd get a Magikarp tele.

with enough candy it will evolve into a badass gyarados!
BLOOD EAGLE

committed
committed

Postby antennafarm » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:31 pm

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:

i guess the sort of "conversation" that comes out of someone passionately hating a dude like keanu reeves like he fucked your pet cockatoo to death.
ANTIMAGIC MEDIA - antimagic.net
antennafarm

experienced
experienced

Postby Jwar » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:27 pm

antennafarm wrote:
Jesus Was a Robot wrote:

i guess the sort of "conversation" that comes out of someone passionately hating a dude like keanu reeves like he fucked your pet cockatoo to death.

So I can only have a (mostly messing around) conversation if it somehow fits whatever structure you deem appropriate for that subject matter? Otherwise I'm being overly zealous and acting as if he fucked one of my animals to death?

Gotcha. Makes sense.

Who are you again? The post police? Don't like what I posted, don't read it. Can't handle that? Well, I can't control you, so I'm not going to try.

Have a nice day.

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby lordgalvar » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:53 pm

I ain't nobody to judge no one's actin'. I just thought Keanu might be ok to have a beer with. Could care less about their craft. If a movie is fun/good, it's fun/good.

(I think the Matrix movies had bigger problems than Keanu. Even Fishburne's acting took a dive. Source material... Plus far as actors in "alt rock" bands go....Keanu>leto.) Keanu may not be good, but I've never had a movie ruined by him...don't know if he made them better either though.

I saw Tom cruise mentioned....now I've seen that guy ruin a movie with bad acting.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Jwar » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:59 pm

I'll agree with that. I saw Leto this year. Sucked bad. I was baffled by how terrible that shit was. Dogstar actually wasn't that terrible IMO.

Also, I agree with the Matrix bit I suppose. I hated those movies a lot but I'm not really the target demographic I guess.

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Dapper Bandit » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:00 pm

Holy shit, you do hate Keanu!
First things first: It was 47 Ronin I was thinking of, I got my shitty Hollywood Samurai movies mixed up there.

With movies, as with all art there are no clear winners due to taste being subjective. I enjoyed Law Abiding Citizen. He was OK in that and I enjoyed it well enough. I find it hard to take him that seriously as he just cannot drop that Scottish accent, it was kind of jarring when Leonidis of Sparta sounds like a Glasgae hard nut for half the film, for me. The only other stuff I've seen trailers for are rom-coms with Jennifer Aniston which are not my bag and films about various things falling. If I'm missing anything awesome in his back catalogue I'm always willing to give him another chance. I do like a good action film but it has to be, like, Under Seige good.

Keanu has been in a lot of terrible films that I honestly don't think it's entirely fair to blame on him. The Matrix trilogy is meh, then awful and finally unutterable dogshit in that order but was he worse than that toe-curlingly bad script? The crippling over reliance on CGI to make up for the cod-philosophy that teenage boys in leather coats rubbed their dicks raw to?

Also, you didn't mention your thoughts on Bill and Ted. I often find those to be the ones that get a grudging "OK, I enjoyed the hell out of those films but other than that he sucks!"

Finally, A Scanner Darkly is (in my opinion) a fantastic ensemble performance telling a great story with a unique artistic direction. It was written by Philip K. Dick for crying out loud! It captures the drug fuelled paranoia of the story and Keanu is basically pitch-perfect as the already dull agent struggling to keep hold of his identity.

So all in all, I have to respectfully disagree with your opinion on Gerard Butler and meet you half way on Keanu. He is indeed the definition of B-list but he obviously has some measure of talent, charisma and luck to get to that point.
Bringing Brought the noise in Whitechapel Murders
Bandcamp
Facebook
Dapper Bandit

committed
committed

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear