UGLIEST GEAR

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: UGLIEST GEAR

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:03 am

Well, certainly not that one. :lol:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Kacey Y » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:08 am

echorec wrote:I don't think I'll ever understand the appeal of the bowling bowl guitar.

I dunno...the right mix of colors, with a black pickguard/covers/knobs and I might be into that kind of look. Not the Easter color palate though. It definitely wouldn't be my favorite, but I could see a cool version of that idea.
Appalachian Queer Punk Moms Local 138
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby lost in music » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:46 am

I'll speak up for that one. I love that kind of stuff and the colors work for me. :idk:
This is a very impressive collection of Roto Toms. That's 21 Roto Toms in all. That is only $33.00 a Roto Tom.
lost in music

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Location: Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.

Postby echorec » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:08 pm

Corey Y wrote:I dunno...the right mix of colors, with a black pickguard/covers/knobs and I might be into that kind of look. Not the Easter color palate though. It definitely wouldn't be my favorite, but I could see a cool version of that idea.

I don't think black pickguards ever belong on Strats, unless you're going to do black-on-black with chrome hardware. A black guard on a swirled finish (black PU coverings or not) is still hideous in my book.

echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:31 pm

Not that I even really like Strats, but the bowling ball thing can be tastefully done:

This Tele doesn't look good in red, but still manages to look better than a Strat:

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Kacey Y » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:34 pm

It's just a coincident that every example so far is the worst thing.

Also, I only like black pickguards on Fender guitars and basses. With the exception of the LPB 60's Jazz bass with matching headstock, bound neck and tortoiseshell pickguard (with the chrome covers still on). I like that for some reason and it doesn't match ANY of my normal tastes about pretty much all of those things.
Appalachian Queer Punk Moms Local 138
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby echorec » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:43 pm

Chankgeez wrote:Not that I even really like Strats, but the bowling ball thing can be tastefully done:

It's not hideous, but I'd like the marble swirl thing a lot more on something other than a guitar. Making a guitar look like a bowling ball is just tacky and ill-fated to me.

As far as that (and most Strats go), I hate the white plastic. I just don't understand this idea of a $2,000 item with 20 cents worth of plastic on it. It's like buying a luxury car and putting old rims and tires on it. It's just a terrible pairing. Why put something so cheap on something so expensive?
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:59 pm

What if you're just really into bowling?
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby sylnau » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:01 pm

Any kind of strat is ugly. At least for me.
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:03 pm

Yeah, but you don't like Canadian bowling, Syl, do you?

#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:30 pm

This's nasty though:

Why would anyone paint an amp white like that?
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby echorec » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:49 pm

Candlepin bowling and duckpin bowling were both invented in the U.S., Chank. Get yer shit together. :rant:
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby echorec » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:51 pm

Chankgeez wrote:Why would anyone paint an amp white like that?

:idea: To camouflage the jizz.
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby repoman » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:58 pm

I like these camo jizz guitars
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF