LOFI DREAMs ∞∞ ultra lofi 12-bit arcade sampler



Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: LOFI DREAMs ∞∞ ultra lofi 12-bit arcade sampler

Postby UglyCasanova » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:43 pm

YAH! Shipped! :!!!:

Thanks for the coupon! In the hurried process of ordering, looking at other things in your shop just slipped my mind. Defintely picking up a tee and some stickers at a later occasion. :hug:
UglyCasanova

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 11173
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:47 am
Location: Oslo, Norway

Re: LOFI DREAMs ∞∞ ultra lofi 12-bit arcade sampler

Postby Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D. » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:50 pm

anytime man! stay rad :!!!: :!!!: :!!!:
Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D.

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 3980
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:01 pm
Location: rochester, ny

Re: LOFI DREAMs ∞∞ ultra lofi 12-bit arcade sampler

Postby UglyCasanova » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:03 pm

Man, oh, man. Am I addicted to this thing! :love:

I know it's a small/short run, but if you happen to update the software for personal reasons, would it be made available to those of us who bought one? Sort of like the whole CT5 thing.

Quick questions:

1. Is it possible to enter cassette mode mid-sample playback? It sounds sooo good (currently loving SP the most for what I'm sampling), but it would be awesome to kick it in the middle for playback. Maybe I'm just not getting the timing right, but it just starts doing momentary reverse and granular playback when I try doing it.
2. Is it possible to assign something to the mute input button when in playback mode? Maybe something like the HP/LP bypass function when the pedal is not in sample playback mode. That function is awesome and would be cool to kick in mid playback.
3. Button combo to fade out, maybe? Rec+reverse or something with the mute input if it's possible to assign other functions to it. I will have it running into a mixer on my tabletop, so I could always fade out manually, but it would be more convenient if it could do so automatically.

Again; LOVE IT! I've already looked like a madman on the subway twice in two days, mashing arcade buttons on a box with no screen, boppin' my head. :lol: :!!!:
UglyCasanova

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 11173
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:47 am
Location: Oslo, Norway

Re: LOFI DREAMs ∞∞ ultra lofi 12-bit arcade sampler

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:12 pm

There's some French person on TGP bragging that they bought the last one. :snax:

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/index. ... e.1686597/
"You can't copyright circuits really." - Ed Sanner …………….0.............
"The effects market was really nothing more than a bunch of beggars and thieves, all building off one another's work." - Dan Armstrong…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"...a benevolent dictatorship can be O.K. for as long as the benevolence lasts…” - Hardy Green
"Flangers gonna Flange, though. There's no way around that." - Joel Korte
Chankgeez

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 34289
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:40 am

Re: LOFI DREAMs ∞∞ ultra lofi 12-bit arcade sampler

Postby UglyCasanova » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:15 pm

I bought the first one. I'M THE SPECIALISTEST ONE! Let's see what he thinks about that. :excellent:
UglyCasanova

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 11173
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:47 am
Location: Oslo, Norway

Re: LOFI DREAMs ∞∞ ultra lofi 12-bit arcade sampler

Postby bob the r0bot » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:44 pm

>coy bragging title
>bragging about past big ticket purchases
>french

this thread should be bannable offense tbh
soundcloud................https://soundcloud.com/datingsite
My vanity label.............https://newemotive.bandcamp.com/releases (new stuff added 12/4/16)

Check out my rack.........https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/178913
kusherment wrote:Weed is kushed by hitting other weed.
bob the r0bot

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 5158
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:37 pm
Location: The bible belt.

Re: LOFI DREAMs ∞∞ ultra lofi 12-bit arcade sampler

Postby Teej212 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:09 pm

would love to see a gut shot of this when you get it...curious about what platform this guys using
Teej212

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1641
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:08 pm
Location: NJ

Re: LOFI DREAMs ∞∞ ultra lofi 12-bit arcade sampler

Postby UglyCasanova » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:21 pm

The enclosure is glued/siliconed shut. I'm sure you can just ask him. He's the one who made the thread.
UglyCasanova

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 11173
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:47 am
Location: Oslo, Norway

Re: LOFI DREAMs ∞∞ ultra lofi 12-bit arcade sampler

Postby Teej212 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:49 pm

oh damn, didnt realize the dr was behind this! nice work dude
Teej212

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1641
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:08 pm
Location: NJ

Re: LOFI DREAMs ∞∞ ultra lofi 12-bit arcade sampler

Postby Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D. » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:15 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:Man, oh, man. Am I addicted to this thing! :love:

I know it's a small/short run, but if you happen to update the software for personal reasons, would it be made available to those of us who bought one? Sort of like the whole CT5 thing.

Quick questions:

1. Is it possible to enter cassette mode mid-sample playback? It sounds sooo good (currently loving SP the most for what I'm sampling), but it would be awesome to kick it in the middle for playback. Maybe I'm just not getting the timing right, but it just starts doing momentary reverse and granular playback when I try doing it.
2. Is it possible to assign something to the mute input button when in playback mode? Maybe something like the HP/LP bypass function when the pedal is not in sample playback mode. That function is awesome and would be cool to kick in mid playback.
3. Button combo to fade out, maybe? Rec+reverse or something with the mute input if it's possible to assign other functions to it. I will have it running into a mixer on my tabletop, so I could always fade out manually, but it would be more convenient if it could do so automatically.

Again; LOVE IT! I've already looked like a madman on the subway twice in two days, mashing arcade buttons on a box with no screen, boppin' my head. :lol: :!!!:


ayy! this warms my lil heart. thanks man so glad u are digging' it. :hug:

for sure will definitely be sharing any updates! was part of the plan all along and maybe even new patches can be made so it can do completely different things..synth box? crazy delay? looper style recorder? theres a lot of wiggle room i think.

my dreams for next software update are // making it polyphonic & a simple mlr style pattern recorder. (Attack/Release Envelope)

to answer your q's
1. cassette tape mode is more like a menu setting, then an in game combo move. i had to get creative w/ the 7 buttons to add the extra features so its kinda like a trade-off there on my part. if u make the wow&flutter toggle able like that, then u can't grain+reverse at the same time during sample playback. it might be possible to rework the program. theres almost always a way but like i said, sometimes theres tradeoffs, and i wanted to jam a lot of functionality into my footprint w/o over jamming it and taking away too much from the simple immediate nature, if that makes any sense. :lol:
also so that u don't trip the mode by accident just by pressing random stuff. (same w/ nu's scratch point).
haha yea i like SP most of the time too. LP is for that extra warbleeee.

2. not possible :( the mute input button is hardwired to the input, not controlled by the Arduino, so it can only do that. i agree its not as useful as it could be. i almost took it out completely a few times. thats def a good idea about the filter kiill w/ sample playback. i couldn't figure out a good way to make it happen the first time around (similar to #1..tradeoffs).

3. i've thought about this one mang! a fade out would definitely be cool. it would be neat to have a simple attack/release envelope. thats going on my list for the software update.
right now REC+REVERSE during sample playback toggles the SAMPLE FREEZE w/ a larger window size than if u just press REC during sample playback.

thanks for your insights man. always open to ideas, and very interested hearing experiences from out in the wild (but feel weird asking sometimes haha)
Last edited by Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D. on Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D.

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 3980
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:01 pm
Location: rochester, ny

Re: LOFI DREAMs ∞∞ ultra lofi 12-bit arcade sampler

Postby Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D. » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:37 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:The enclosure is glued/siliconed shut. I'm sure you can just ask him. He's the one who made the thread.


it opens! if u need to swap the lil watch battery for sample data retention at some point down the line.1

Teej212 wrote:would love to see a gut shot of this when you get it...curious about what platform this guys using


Teej212 wrote:oh damn, didnt realize the dr was behind this! nice work dude


thanks man! i've been using the Generation Loss in my live setup the last couple times :thumb:

its based around an Arduino Uno
Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D.

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 3980
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:01 pm
Location: rochester, ny

Re: LOFI DREAMs ∞∞ ultra lofi 12-bit arcade sampler

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:40 pm

Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D. wrote:
UglyCasanova wrote:The enclosure is glued/siliconed shut. I'm sure you can just ask him. He's the one who made the thread.


it opens! if u need to swap the lil watch battery for sample data retention at some point down the line.1



UC says stuff like that when he doesn't wanna take a gut shot.

Maybe that's not really "glue". Maybe his pedal crossed jwar's path on the way to Norway. :D
"You can't copyright circuits really." - Ed Sanner …………….0.............
"The effects market was really nothing more than a bunch of beggars and thieves, all building off one another's work." - Dan Armstrong…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"...a benevolent dictatorship can be O.K. for as long as the benevolence lasts…” - Hardy Green
"Flangers gonna Flange, though. There's no way around that." - Joel Korte
Chankgeez

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 34289
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:40 am

Re: LOFI DREAMs ∞∞ ultra lofi 12-bit arcade sampler

Postby UglyCasanova » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:10 pm

Chankgeez wrote:
Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D. wrote:
UglyCasanova wrote:The enclosure is glued/siliconed shut. I'm sure you can just ask him. He's the one who made the thread.


it opens! if u need to swap the lil watch battery for sample data retention at some point down the line.1



UC says stuff like that when he doesn't wanna take a gut shot.

wut? I actually did try to open it, but apparently I'm too much of a weakling. :lol:

Thanks for the insightful answers, Arch! Looking forward to other patches, but this current one is just great and will keep me occupied for a looong time to come. Really hope making these paid off enough to warrant you building more so people can get one to call their own. SO. MUCH. FUN!!! :zen:
UglyCasanova

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 11173
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:47 am
Location: Oslo, Norway

Re: LOFI DREAMs ∞∞ ultra lofi 12-bit arcade sampler

Postby Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D. » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:09 am

UglyCasanova wrote:
Chankgeez wrote:
Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D. wrote:
UglyCasanova wrote:The enclosure is glued/siliconed shut. I'm sure you can just ask him. He's the one who made the thread.


it opens! if u need to swap the lil watch battery for sample data retention at some point down the line.1



UC says stuff like that when he doesn't wanna take a gut shot.

wut? I actually did try to open it, but apparently I'm too much of a weakling. :lol:

Thanks for the insightful answers, Arch! Looking forward to other patches, but this current one is just great and will keep me occupied for a looong time to come. Really hope making these paid off enough to warrant you building more so people can get one to call their own. SO. MUCH. FUN!!! :zen:


anytime man! yes another run is in the works. :joy:
Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D.

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 3980
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:01 pm
Location: rochester, ny

Re: LOFI DREAMs ∞∞ ultra lofi 12-bit arcade sampler

Postby MrNovember » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:52 pm

WOw, this thing looks amazing :snax: :drool:
MrNovember

User avatar
Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF
 
Posts: 3504
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:24 pm
Location: GTA

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: friendship, megamaeng, MrNovember, systemofameow and 7 guests


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

Advertisements help support ILF


ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.