Lone Wolf Audio

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Lone Wolf Audio

Postby JayinVA » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:42 am

Just ordered the Necronomican Annihilation Fuzz. Groovy. I also have the Iron Fist ( My favorite fuzz), and the Extreme Octave. Any other Lone Wolf FX users out there ?
JayinVA

uncommitted
uncommitted

Re: Lone Wolf Audio

Postby Jwar » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:37 am

I am! I love my Lone Wolf pedals. Right now I have the Left Hand Wrath Deluxe, Extreme Octave and Iron Fist. The thing that sucks is the wait, but it's not that big of deal. Just hard to wait. LOL. I know a lot of folks get rubbed the wrong way by Joe though too, but he's actually a really nice guy when you get to know him.

The Extreme Octave is my favorite I think. The Left Hand Wrath comes in second. The Iron Fist I've yet to really use, so I can't say yet. :)
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Olin » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:24 am

*opinion has been rendered invalid since initial statement.
Last edited by Olin on Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby The Mad Titan » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:59 pm

I have one of his Outsider Systech Harmonic Energizer clones. It's not near as extreme as the original I had, but it's a fantastic sound sculpting tool nonetheless. I use it for adding the booty to my heavy tones. It's paired usually with either my amp's distortion, an OC44 Keeley Java, or both.

If it had a little bit more range and a lot more output it would be closer to my original, which could slam the front end of an amp so hard it would start self-oscillating or make a guitar sound like a bass without dropping the pitch by amplifying the sub-harmonics so much.

As you can tell I'm a bit torn. On it's own the Outsider is an awesome pedal, but I miss tuning feedback for infinite sustain, the whale song and sci-fi noises. Man that with my phaser, octave down, and stereo trem. I miss dem feelz. :cry:

Great for doom and straight up EQ/overdrive, not so much for deranged experimental noise.
Last edited by The Mad Titan on Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Mad Titan

committed
committed

Postby LonewolfFX » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:15 pm

Thanks for the kind words guys, means a ton to me. @themadtitan, Yea the decision to make it less extreme was mine. The original I have is so noisy I couldnt well make it that noisy and have anyone like it I felt like so I scaled it back.
the OG unit was in fact pushing the fabled 50+DB, while the outsider pushes 35-38DB
I am about to have all the final revisions done on the matching INSIDER very soon, so check that out when its ready.
Stoked you dudes all dig the pedals.
Joe
LonewolfFX

interested
interested

Postby LonewolfFX » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:21 pm

The Mad Titan wrote:I have one of his Outsider Systech Harmonic Energizer clones. It's not near as extreme as the original I had, but it's a fantastic sound sculpting tool nonetheless. I use it for adding the booty to my heavy tones. It's paired usually with either my amp's distortion, an OC44 Keeley Java, or both.

If it had a little bit more range and a lot more output it would be closer to my original, which could slam the front end of an amp so hard it would start self-oscillating or make a guitar sound like a bass without dropping the pitch by amplifying the sub-harmonics so much.

As you can tell I'm a bit torn. On it's own the Outsider is an awesome pedal, but I miss tuning feedback for infinite sustain, the whale song and sci-fi noises. Man that with my phaser, octave down, and stereo trem. I miss dem feelz. :cry:

Great for doom and straight up EQ/overdrive, not so much for deranged experimental noise.

If you want, I CAN mod that thing to be as insane as your original. Its a few value changes.
Dweezil Zappa has been using the outsider and says he likes the fact its lower noise and less insane for live applications.
LonewolfFX

interested
interested

Postby The Mad Titan » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:21 pm

LonewolfFX wrote:Thanks for the kind words guys, means a ton to me. @themadtitan, Yea the decision to make it less extreme was mine. The original I have is so noisy I couldnt well make it that noisy and have anyone like it I felt like so I scaled it back.
the OG unit was in fact pushing the fabled 50+DB, while the outsider pushes 35-38DB
I am about to have all the final revisions done on the matching INSIDER very soon, so check that out when its ready.
Joe

Awesome to hear. Is the insider another EQ/filter type?
The Mad Titan

committed
committed

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:22 pm

Interested. :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby LonewolfFX » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:29 pm

The Mad Titan wrote:
LonewolfFX wrote:Thanks for the kind words guys, means a ton to me. @themadtitan, Yea the decision to make it less extreme was mine. The original I have is so noisy I couldnt well make it that noisy and have anyone like it I felt like so I scaled it back.
Joe

Awesome to hear. Is the insider another EQ/filter type?

its a Systech Harmonic overdriver.
1:1 clone to my original, with a master volume and a clipping toggle
I will be doing a very limited dual version as well with a max gain outsider and the inside in the same case as well.
LonewolfFX

interested
interested

Postby LonewolfFX » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:35 pm

Olin wrote:Been using his Plague Rat for a while now and just don't really see myself going for any other Rat clones in the future. Seen some vague complaints about him before but the very few times I've had to deal with him he's been polite, courteous and helpful. Been wanting to try out a LHW for a while now but just can't bring myself to suffer through the wait time!

Yea, the complaints were due to a bunch of set backs I faced with having to move 3 times in 1 year.
Black mold is no joke. Also my enclosure shop takes FOREVER to get me my cases.
Everyon gets what they order however and I keep everyone updated.
Alot of folks dont realize this, its just me and my wife and a part time employee....its alot of work and If anything ever happens with a set back I always hook the customer up with something/do a custom upgrade for free.
I have been working hard to streamline everything and get things done way faster.
LonewolfFX

interested
interested

Postby The Mad Titan » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:41 pm

LonewolfFX wrote:
The Mad Titan wrote:I have one of his Outsider Systech Harmonic Energizer clones. It's not near as extreme as the original I had, but it's a fantastic sound sculpting tool nonetheless. I use it for adding the booty to my heavy tones. It's paired usually with either my amp's distortion, an OC44 Keeley Java, or both.

If you want, I CAN mod that thing to be as insane as your original. Its a few value changes.
Dweezil Zappa has been using the outsider and says he likes the fact its lower noise and less insane for live applications.

F-YEAH! I totally miss my original, it's just that I already have a PT Pro filled up, and really needed room to add a few pedals. As you know the original is massive. Tell me what to do mang, and it'll be on its way to you.

Have you seen the Joe Gore vid of the clone he built? That's what I need it to be able to do; the faux bass lines, enough output to coax any note into infinite cascading sustain that builds up to howling moterboating oscillations, edgy raspy insane wah tones with enough harmonic content to sizzle the top layer off the sun, oh and enough lowend subharmonic content to make it sound like Matt Pike raped Jus Oborn when I plug in my LP tuned to C and drive it through some strangled tubes and germanium. Oh, man I miss dem dayz.

I'm glad you brought up Dweezil. I should have mentioned earlier in the thread that I talked with him after the ZPZ show at Jannus Landing, and he had nothing but kind words for you and the pedal.
The Mad Titan

committed
committed

Postby LonewolfFX » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:48 pm

The Mad Titan wrote:
LonewolfFX wrote:

F-YEAH! I totally miss my original, it's just that I already have a PT Pro filled up, and really needed room to add a few pedals. As you know the original is massive. Tell me what to do mang, and it'll be on its way to you.

Have you seen the Joe Gore vid of the clone he built? That's what I need it to be able to do; the faux bass lines, enough output to coax any note into infinite cascading sustain that builds up to howling moterboating oscillations, edgy raspy insane wah tones with enough harmonic content to sizzle the top layer off the sun, oh and enough lowend subharmonic content to make it sound like Matt Pike raped Jus Oborn when I plug in my LP tuned to C and drive it through some strangled tubes and germanium. Oh, man I miss dem dayz.

I'm glad you brought up Dweezil. I should have mentioned earlier in the thread that I talked with him after the ZPZ show at Jannus Landing, and he had nothing but kind words for you and the pedal.

Oddly enough you bring up Matt pike, the entire new HOF LP they recorded with Kurt Ballou, the outsider is on almost every guitar lead on the LP.
I am sending them a bunch of pedals soon as well.
And yes, the only thing I could ever have achieved in my life close enough to Frank, was Dweezil and he has been such an awesome guy to make pedals for.
I cant wait to get him my F/S Sample Hold I am making him
LonewolfFX

interested
interested

Postby D.o.S. » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:24 pm

So you built your HM-2 clone all on your own with no outside help from anyone right?
:)
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby LonewolfFX » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:24 pm

D.o.S. wrote:So you built your HM-2 clone all on your own with no outside help from anyone right?
:)

Consulted with someone as to not make the same pedal, as I messaged them saying I had already gotten boards and cases with the Left Hand Path name and that was when we discussed it so we wouldnt release a pedal too similar.
But I had mine working and done before everyone else.
Yes.
The 1st one I did, the Enormous Door LHP was done, prototyped up and assembled at the 2013 SXSW show and on the demo board, along with an additional pedal that would have made it 10 knobs.
This was played by said persons employee and builder, who begged me to show them the guts of it after hearing it.
I declined to show them the guts as I was still keeping it secret.

I released the Enormous Door LHP 3 weeks later in its final version, beating all 6 knob HM2s to the market by a period of 7 months.
There is no debate about this and the other builder agrees.

The Left Hand Wrath is my own thing with my own modifications to the circuit.

Any "controversy" is forum stupidity and really has no place existing.

The level of customers and bands using it speaks for itself, there is no equal.
LonewolfFX

interested
interested

Postby LonewolfFX » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:33 pm

Olin wrote:Been using his Plague Rat for a while now and just don't really see myself going for any other Rat clones in the future. Seen some vague complaints about him before but the very few times I've had to deal with him he's been polite, courteous and helpful. Been wanting to try out a LHW for a while now but just can't bring myself to suffer through the wait time!

Yea, the demand on the wrath is high.
Im working on getting that time lower, but every week the demand gets higher and higher.
You can however, get them from guitarpedalshoppe.com as he is a dealer
LonewolfFX

interested
interested

Next

Return to General Gear