Ruiner's Demo Archive - Retro Mechanical Labs 432k rev 2

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: my first video demo - Limbo II and Binson Echorec previe

Postby Ruiner » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:25 pm

Cool video man! Sounds great.

I use ProTools for the audio. Though there's a way to merge them in iMovie itself it 's just not giving me the option for some reason. I read some other responses that may work too but if it doesn't then i can always drop the two files into Garageband and try what you said. Thanks for the tips!
Ruiner

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby echoraven » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:57 am

Ruiner wrote:Cool video man! Sounds great.

I use ProTools for the audio. Though there's a way to merge them in iMovie itself it 's just not giving me the option for some reason. I read some other responses that may work too but if it doesn't then i can always drop the two files into Garageband and try what you said. Thanks for the tips!

From Protools export the audio; preferably as a .aif file and then merge them in Garageband. Honestly I'm not sure if iMovie can handle multiple audio tracks, I've done that type of thing in Adobe Premier.

What your doing is pretty basic (as far as audio recording), so why not record in Garageband? Use protools for your regular music stuff.

BTW, thank you for giving a sh*t about your recording quality. Every time I see a video of some douchnozzle in his socks recording a "demo" video using camcorder audio chock full of pick noise I just want to crawl in the screen, punch him across the jaw and then kick him in his giblets.
echoraven

committed
committed

Postby Ruiner » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:18 am

echoraven wrote:
Ruiner wrote:Cool video man! Sounds great.

From Protools export the audio; preferably as a .aif file and then merge them in Garageband. Honestly I'm not sure if iMovie can handle multiple audio tracks, I've done that type of thing in Adobe Premier.

What your doing is pretty basic (as far as audio recording), so why not record in Garageband? Use protools for your regular music stuff.

BTW, thank you for giving a sh*t about your recording quality. Every time I see a video of some douchnozzle in his socks recording a "demo" video using camcorder audio chock full of pick noise I just want to crawl in the screen, punch him across the jaw and then kick him in his giblets.

:lol: Yeah i feel the same way. I always did little pedal demos as just audio clips and focused on the quality of the clip but i really wanted to add video to it and glad i started.. it's a hell of a lot of fun to do and it's a new creative outlet. Looking forward to doing some other things like music videos and the such.

I may give Garageband a whirl... just never used it before. I'm not using multiple audio tracks though. It's just one long one cut up. I delete the camera's audio once in iMovie but for some reason can't merge the .wav file to the video. Still haven't tried a few suggestions others had but if they don't work i'll just go ahead and use Garageband. :thumb:
Ruiner

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby UglyCasanova » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:43 am

echoraven wrote:Every time I see a video of some douchnozzle in his socks recording a "demo" video using camcorder audio chock full of pick noise I just want to crawl in the screen, punch him across the jaw and then kick him in his giblets.

Come at me, bro. Get your dukes up.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: Ruiner's Demo Archive - The Wond

Postby Ruiner » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:19 pm

THE WOND

Did a quick video of my very first moments with the Wond. It takes a bit of getting used to so I hope to do a full demo later but thought i'd put this out since there isn't much out there yet. I'm using the Wond on the neck because my Les Paul Custom has high output pickups and it was making a lot of noise with The Wond. Turning down the tone knob on the guitar helped but it was still fairly present so this method worked (this is a method described in the manual which i highly suggest reading before playing). There's definitely a bit more of a learning curve to using it properly than an e-bow but i love the resistance the magnetic field creates when playing letting you know the spot you should be at. However, this wasn't as easy to get when i was recording... i think the battery may have been low? Anyways, this isn't the greatest representation of what it is or can do but since there's not a lot of video of it out there yet i thought i'd share just for the hell of it.

Ruiner

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:32 pm

Sounds groovy/spooky. :!!!: :doom:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Ruiner » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:05 am

Chankgeez wrote:Sounds groovy/spooky. :!!!: :doom:

Definitey has the Moby Dick whale sound spooky vibe going on here... It can get much more practical sounds too. David Torn has a cool video on YouTube showing it off much better than I can. Thanks for listening!
Ruiner

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby echoraven » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:17 am

That video was just f*ckin' cool! Creative use of lighting. May have to steal that.
Should have mentioned when you bring a movie into garageband the audio track will show up making it very easy to align the well recorded track and then just delete the original. Stupid easy.
...now to look up that "wond" thing.
echoraven

committed
committed

Postby Ruiner » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:25 am

echoraven wrote:That video was just f*ckin' cool! Creative use of lighting. May have to steal that.
Should have mentioned when you bring a movie into garageband the audio track will show up making it very easy to align the well recorded track and then just delete the original. Stupid easy.
...now to look up that "wond" thing.

Thanks! Yeah i figured out how to split both the audio and the video at the same point so i'll be able to do editing properly on future demos that aren't one take like this one.

I just realized i forgot to turn the camera volume down on this video! Gonna go home at lunch and do that and see if it makes a difference (i'm sure it will) and probably post the corrected version.
Ruiner

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Ruiner » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:29 pm

Not a real demo (just and iPhone clip) but had to play with the Dark Star and AARP together before I leave for Colorado for Xmas. Added the DD500 in the chain too. Put the dark star first in the chain then AARP then DD. It's amazing!!!!

Ruiner

IAMILF
IAMILF

Re: Ruiner's Demo Archive - AARP and Dark Star paired

Postby psychic vampire. » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:48 pm

Would love to hear more of this combo and the Dark Star alone. Wound up enjoying the Dark Star into AARP much more than i thought i would. Especially enjoy the sounds you get starting around the 1:10-1:30 mark. Cool video!
D.o.S. wrote:Hello, this is your captain speaking, our altitude has set to bleep so lets sit back and get ready to bloop. Ladies and Gentlemen, we are floating in space.
psychic vampire.

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Ruiner » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:59 pm

Thanks! Yeah I'll do a proper video and audio quality demo on both (and more paired) when I get back from the holidays
Ruiner

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby psychic vampire. » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:24 pm

Cool. You got me listening to other Dark Star videos. Came for the bit crusher, stayed for the pitch mode.
D.o.S. wrote:Hello, this is your captain speaking, our altitude has set to bleep so lets sit back and get ready to bloop. Ladies and Gentlemen, we are floating in space.
psychic vampire.

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:41 pm

Love that pitch beat! Good stuff! :joy:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby echoraven » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:56 am

Very cool!