Oarfish pedal demos: Chase Bliss Condor stacking

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Oarfish pedal demos: Chase Bliss Condor stacking

Postby oarfish » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:36 pm

When I buy new pedals, I record videos to share the heavy with you. I'm not that great at guitar but I hope the videos give you an idea of how the pedals sound at least. And now I'm back doing it again.

NEW!!! Chase Bliss Audio Condor - Most demos of this doesn't show off how great it is stacked with other dirt pedals, so I tried it out myself. Spoiler: it's fucking fantastic.

NEW!!! Chase Bliss Audio Brothers - Not a lot of demos of this that are actually heavy, so I pulled out the baritone and turned up the gain. This pedal does so much, it's almost insulting.

NEW!!! DOD / Black Arts Toneworks Boneshaker - I know it's mean to do a video when it's discontinued, but it's a great pedal. I dialed in some super scooped heavy sounds that inspired me enough to do a demo video.

Black Arts Toneworks Quantum Mystic - Realized there were very few demo videos of this pedal, so thought I'd make one. Likely my favorite distortion pedal and the only pedal that has never left my board. HUGE range of tones, tons of delicious low frequencies, cleans up nicely, great separation. Love it.
Last edited by oarfish on Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Listen to Oarfish, it's heavy.
oarfish

committed
committed

Re: Pedal videos: BAT Crown of Horns and EQD Acapulco Gold

Postby jrmy » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:02 pm

Tangent: I just clicked on the Soundcloud link in your sig and am listening to your demos set. Sounds great!
I'm more like a mids-ist than a bassist.
"The main rule on ILF is don't be an asshole." - Tom Dalton
I can't wait to annoy the shit out of you with my mountain of mids. - bigchiefbc
https://thewirechimes.bandcamp.com/releases
http://crotchthrottle.bandcamp.com/
https://www.instagram.com/jrmyfuzz/
jrmy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby oarfish » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:05 pm

jrmy wrote:Tangent: I just clicked on the Soundcloud link in your sig and am listening to your demos set. Sounds great!

Thanks! Really appreciate it. I figure I have one track left in me, then I need to get that demo/EP thing released somehow. And figure out how to get people to listen to it. :idk:
oarfish

committed
committed

Postby jrmy » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:45 pm

oarfish wrote:
jrmy wrote:Tangent: I just clicked on the Soundcloud link in your sig and am listening to your demos set. Sounds great!

Thanks! Really appreciate it. I figure I have one track left in me, then I need to get that demo/EP thing released somehow. And figure out how to get people to listen to it. :idk:

Easiest way to release stuff digitally (in my mind) is Bandcamp. They take the smallest percentage of the overall sale, don't charge any yearly storage fees, and offer the best options in terms of download file type. As for getting people to listen, that's always the trick. But definitely post here in the "music" thread, and chat it up on Facebook... does your band have a FB page? You should put the link in your sig!
I can't wait to annoy the shit out of you with my mountain of mids. - bigchiefbc
jrmy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby oarfish » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:55 pm

jrmy wrote:
oarfish wrote:

Easiest way to release stuff digitally (in my mind) is Bandcamp. They take the smallest percentage of the overall sale, don't charge any yearly storage fees, and offer the best options in terms of download file type. As for getting people to listen, that's always the trick. But definitely post here in the "music" thread, and chat it up on Facebook... does your band have a FB page? You should put the link in your sig!

Thanks, yeah, I'll get there eventually. Just want to feel "done" with the demo first. I do actually work with marketing for a living but I really want to get it in the hands of a label or at least music blogs in the right genre. Getting it out there is more about getting the right people to talk about it in my experience. It'll probably work out :cool:
oarfish

committed
committed

Postby jrmy » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:10 pm

oarfish wrote:
jrmy wrote:
oarfish wrote:

Thanks, yeah, I'll get there eventually. Just want to feel "done" with the demo first. I do actually work with marketing for a living but I really want to get it in the hands of a label or at least music blogs in the right genre. Getting it out there is more about getting the right people to talk about it in my experience. It'll probably work out :cool:

Truth. Well, whatever you do with it, I'm looking forward to hearing it!
jrmy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:25 pm

Vids sound pretty good for an amp sim. :)*
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Re: Oarfish pedal demos: Abominable Electronics Demon Lung

Postby oarfish » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:22 pm

Just got a new baby so had to make a new video. Check out the Abominable Electronics Demon Lung:
oarfish

committed
committed

Re: Oarfish pedal demos: BAT Quantum Mystic

Postby oarfish » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:58 pm

New pedal demo! This time the BAT Quantum Mystic, just because I love it.

oarfish

committed
committed

Re: Oarfish pedal demos: Chase Bliss Brothers / DOD Boneshak

Postby oarfish » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:43 am

Two new videos, because I re-ignited my pedal obsession.

Chase Bliss Audio Brothers

DOD / Black Arts Toneworks Boneshaker
oarfish

committed
committed

Postby BetterOffShred » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:40 pm

Yeah man I've been eyeing a quantum mystic for a while. He did those red sparkle mah-fuckers a while back that were straight up sauce as far as I'm concerned. Does your unit feedback at max gain? How does it play with unbuffered fuzz before/after ?
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby oarfish » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:12 pm

BetterOffShred wrote:Yeah man I've been eyeing a quantum mystic for a while. He did those red sparkle mah-fuckers a while back that were straight up sauce as far as I'm concerned. Does your unit feedback at max gain? How does it play with unbuffered fuzz before/after ?

I actually managed to convince Mark at Black Arts to build me a custom. It's half QM and half modded Badascan (which is kind of like Pharaoh, but also a bit of LSTR). So my main pedal is basically unbuffered fuzz before/after and works great. :)

By feedback, do you mean feedback internally or can I get feedback on the amp? If the latter, oh yeah.
oarfish

committed
committed

Postby BetterOffShred » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:14 pm

I see! :joy:

Yeah if he does sparkle rums again I'll probably buy one. I haven't seen a BATW pedal yet I didn't care for.. well maybe the Oath.. I like having at least some controls.

The QM is based off a OD250 isn't it? I've been really appreciating the black Forest at lower gain driving other stuff. I need to try a revelation..

Edit: Your forum handle made me think of the video I saw about the custom "Oarfish" pedal he did.. is this what you're talking about? It must be, that would be some coincidence otherwise ;)
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby oarfish » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:48 pm

BetterOffShred wrote:I see! :joy:

Yeah if he does sparkle rums again I'll probably buy one. I haven't seen a BATW pedal yet I didn't care for.. well maybe the Oath.. I like having at least some controls.

The QM is based off a OD250 isn't it? I've been really appreciating the black Forest at lower gain driving other stuff. I need to try a revelation..

Edit: Your forum handle made me think of the video I saw about the custom "Oarfish" pedal he did.. is this what you're talking about? It must be, that would be some coincidence otherwise ;)

Yes, that's the pedal, and that's my video. Though at a time when my demos were EVEN sloppier. :)

QM's based on an old Ross distortion, which I believe was the pretty much the same as the DOD 250. Mark extended it a bit though and also added the three-band EQ.
oarfish

committed
committed

Postby Davin » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:07 pm

oarfish wrote:
BetterOffShred wrote:I see! :joy:

Yes, that's the pedal, and that's my video. Though at a time when my demos were EVEN sloppier. :)

QM's based on an old Ross distortion, which I believe was the pretty much the same as the DOD 250. Mark extended it a bit though and also added the three-band EQ.

Cool! I have an old tan Ross distortion box that I like but it's not very loud. It's based on the MXR Distortion+ afaik.
llull1.bandcamp.com
Davin

committed
committed

Next

Return to General Gear