Ezhi&Aka Anyone?



Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Ezhi&Aka Anyone?

Postby Paul_C » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:35 am

I'm just about to pop out to collect a Moomindrone T which has had the trim pots extensively twiddled, so it looks like I might need to set aside a day or two to get it somewhere near its starting point.
Paul_C

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 542
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:45 pm
Location: Northampton UK

Re: Ezhi&Aka Anyone?

Postby shikawkee » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:37 am

Paul_C wrote:I'm just about to pop out to collect a Moomindrone T which has had the trim pots extensively twiddled, so it looks like I might need to set aside a day or two to get it somewhere near its starting point.


My recommendation is loop audio through it with the bottom off and tweak as you go. Less feedback you tuns the right pot to the right. Less resonance you turn the left pot to the left. That's left and right as you look down from the 1/4" inputs from the top.
Singer-songwriter, composer and author. I also manufacture and distribute Gary Hall designed and endorsed Lexicon PCM42 mods. Owner of HOSAT Effects. BETA tester for Line 6 and Eventide.
shikawkee

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 352
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:48 am
Location: Music City, USA

Re: Ezhi&Aka Anyone?

Postby Paul_C » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:57 am

Thanks for that :) - I've just plugged it in and twiddled a few of the knobs without the slightest idea what any of them do and it already sounds great (i.e. weird) :)

That was Moomindrone into Grazer into Ghost Fax (without further tweaking as I've got work to get on with).

I'll spend a bit of time with it as it is before I start tweaking the trim pots but it's handy to have some clues for when I do !
Paul_C

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 542
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:45 pm
Location: Northampton UK

Re: Ezhi&Aka Anyone?

Postby shikawkee » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:22 am

Paul_C wrote:Thanks for that :) - I've just plugged it in and twiddled a few of the knobs without the slightest idea what any of them do and it already sounds great (i.e. weird) :)

That was Moomindrone into Grazer into Ghost Fax (without further tweaking as I've got work to get on with).

I'll spend a bit of time with it as it is before I start tweaking the trim pots but it's handy to have some clues for when I do !


Oh, it's weird that's for sure. I haven't yet decided how I feel about it for my thing. Cool idea though.
Singer-songwriter, composer and author. I also manufacture and distribute Gary Hall designed and endorsed Lexicon PCM42 mods. Owner of HOSAT Effects. BETA tester for Line 6 and Eventide.
shikawkee

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 352
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:48 am
Location: Music City, USA

Re: Ezhi&Aka Anyone?

Postby Paul_C » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:47 pm

Well, I decided that I needed to reset things as the delay side was producing a loud tick which was both speed-adjustable and very annoying.

I turned both trim pots anti-clockwise until they clicked and then counted spins of my screwdriver before they clicked the other end, which was around 50.

I returned them both back to the beginning (fully anti-clockwise) and then made twenty turns clockwise to each. This left things sounding a little sparse and tame, so I've just turned both ten turns anti-clockwise and it now sounds much more pleasing (weird).

As long as I don't encounter more unwanted noises I'm going to leave the trim pots alone and start recording some new stuff :)
Paul_C

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 542
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:45 pm
Location: Northampton UK

Re: Ezhi&Aka Anyone?

Postby brndnwilliams » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:31 pm

anyone have the control map for the terverb? For some reason, he took it off the site
brndnwilliams

committed
committed
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:02 am

Re: Ezhi&Aka Anyone?

Postby polivox » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:30 am

brndnwilliams wrote:anyone have the control map for the terverb? For some reason, he took it off the site


hey, yes, sorry

http://ezhiandaka.com/terverb/terverb-manual/
polivox

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:29 pm

Re: Ezhi&Aka Anyone?

Postby brecht » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:07 pm

Any idea when demo's of the new line will start popping up? Very curious!
brecht

interested
interested
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:17 pm

Re: Ezhi&Aka Anyone?

Postby adamajah » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:09 pm

I be curious as well!
adamajah

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 404
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:35 pm

Re: Ezhi&Aka Anyone?

Postby brndnwilliams » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:07 am

polivox wrote:
brndnwilliams wrote:anyone have the control map for the terverb? For some reason, he took it off the site


hey, yes, sorry

http://ezhiandaka.com/terverb/terverb-manual/

Thank you! :)
brndnwilliams

committed
committed
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:02 am

Previous

Return to General Gear



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Chankgeez, comesect2.0, Google [Bot] and 13 guests


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

Advertisements help support ILF


ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.