Ezhi&Aka Anyone?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Ezhi&Aka Anyone?

Postby Paul_C » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:35 am

I'm just about to pop out to collect a Moomindrone T which has had the trim pots extensively twiddled, so it looks like I might need to set aside a day or two to get it somewhere near its starting point.
Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby shikawkee » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:37 am

Paul_C wrote:I'm just about to pop out to collect a Moomindrone T which has had the trim pots extensively twiddled, so it looks like I might need to set aside a day or two to get it somewhere near its starting point.

My recommendation is loop audio through it with the bottom off and tweak as you go. Less feedback you tuns the right pot to the right. Less resonance you turn the left pot to the left. That's left and right as you look down from the 1/4" inputs from the top.
Singer-songwriter, composer and author. I also manufacture and distribute Gary Hall designed and endorsed Lexicon PCM42 mods. Owner of HOSAT Effects. BETA tester for Line 6 and Eventide.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Paul_C » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:57 am

Thanks for that :) - I've just plugged it in and twiddled a few of the knobs without the slightest idea what any of them do and it already sounds great (i.e. weird) :)

That was Moomindrone into Grazer into Ghost Fax (without further tweaking as I've got work to get on with).

I'll spend a bit of time with it as it is before I start tweaking the trim pots but it's handy to have some clues for when I do !
Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby shikawkee » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:22 am

Paul_C wrote:Thanks for that :) - I've just plugged it in and twiddled a few of the knobs without the slightest idea what any of them do and it already sounds great (i.e. weird) :)

That was Moomindrone into Grazer into Ghost Fax (without further tweaking as I've got work to get on with).

I'll spend a bit of time with it as it is before I start tweaking the trim pots but it's handy to have some clues for when I do !

Oh, it's weird that's for sure. I haven't yet decided how I feel about it for my thing. Cool idea though.
Singer-songwriter, composer and author. I also manufacture and distribute Gary Hall designed and endorsed Lexicon PCM42 mods. Owner of HOSAT Effects. BETA tester for Line 6 and Eventide.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Paul_C » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:47 pm

Well, I decided that I needed to reset things as the delay side was producing a loud tick which was both speed-adjustable and very annoying.

I turned both trim pots anti-clockwise until they clicked and then counted spins of my screwdriver before they clicked the other end, which was around 50.

I returned them both back to the beginning (fully anti-clockwise) and then made twenty turns clockwise to each. This left things sounding a little sparse and tame, so I've just turned both ten turns anti-clockwise and it now sounds much more pleasing (weird).

As long as I don't encounter more unwanted noises I'm going to leave the trim pots alone and start recording some new stuff :)
Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby brndnwilliams » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:31 pm

anyone have the control map for the terverb? For some reason, he took it off the site
brndnwilliams

committed
committed

Postby polivox » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:30 am

brndnwilliams wrote:anyone have the control map for the terverb? For some reason, he took it off the site

hey, yes, sorry

http://ezhiandaka.com/terverb/terverb-manual/
polivox

committed
committed

Postby brecht » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:07 pm

Any idea when demo's of the new line will start popping up? Very curious!
brecht

interested
interested

Postby adamajah » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:09 pm

I be curious as well!
adamajah

experienced
experienced

Postby brndnwilliams » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:07 am

polivox wrote:
brndnwilliams wrote:anyone have the control map for the terverb? For some reason, he took it off the site

hey, yes, sorry

http://ezhiandaka.com/terverb/terverb-manual/

Thank you! :)
brndnwilliams

committed
committed

Postby Moonweed » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:16 pm

Any update on the new line of pedals that deposits were paid on?
Moonweed

interested
interested

Postby polivox » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:22 pm

Yes, they are being made. Several redesignes slowed me down but they help to deliver the best I can. I also took some major financial hits so I have to take some side jobs to fund the new series. No final payments are going to be collected before the pedals are finished and sitting in boxes. I know I am late and no demos might be annoying but just a bit of time will allow me to finish everything at much better levels as I initially planned it (the original new series designes were almost ready for production late August early September but I took time and spent money to redesign everything to bring out something probably bigger). Thank you all for your trust and patience.
polivox

committed
committed

Postby Paul_C » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:16 am

Paul_C wrote:Well, I decided that I needed to reset things as the delay side was producing a loud tick which was both speed-adjustable and very annoying.

I turned both trim pots anti-clockwise until they clicked and then counted spins of my screwdriver before they clicked the other end, which was around 50.

I returned them both back to the beginning (fully anti-clockwise) and then made twenty turns clockwise to each. This left things sounding a little sparse and tame, so I've just turned both ten turns anti-clockwise and it now sounds much more pleasing (weird).

As long as I don't encounter more unwanted noises I'm going to leave the trim pots alone and start recording some new stuff :)

Out of curiosity I made a change - one full turn each for both trim pots - and what a difference !

I didn't dislike how it sounded before, but it's now a lot more predictable (which of course is both good and bad ;)) but still entertainingly weird.

This does mean that at some point I'm going to have to have another tweak to see what happens then, but this will do nicely for now :)

It's nice to know that there are still untapped sounds still to find !
Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Moonweed » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:01 am

Does anyone have the controls layout for the Moomindrone T? It seems to have been taken off the website
Moonweed

interested
interested

Postby Paul_C » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:43 am

I thought I had the image saved, but no sign of it - I did write it all down though, so top to bottom and left to right:

Large knobs: Drone Vol / Delay Vol

Small knobs: Drone Pitch Depth / Clean Vol. / Delay Time / Delay Pitch Depth

Small knobs: LFO#1 Speed / LFO#1 Wave / LFO#2 Speed / LFO#2 Wave

Switches: LFO#1 Trem to Drone / OFF / LFO#1 Trem to Delay / / LFO#1 to LFO#2 Depth / OFF / LFO#1 to LFO#2 Speed

Switches: LFO#2 Trem to Drone / OFF / LFO#2 Trem to Delay
Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear