BLK TRI pickups

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: BLK TRI pickups

Postby voerking » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:59 pm

did anyone else grab one of his limited offerings? i got one of the FORSETI/AOC bridge pickups that i'm anxiously awaiting in the mail.
voerking

experienced
experienced

Postby odontophobia » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:49 pm

voerking wrote:did anyone else grab one of his limited offerings? i got one of the FORSETI/AOC bridge pickups that i'm anxiously awaiting in the mail.

nice. i'm about to be blk/tri in both of my guitars (well, nothing in the neck of my tele since i'd like to mostly maintain the tele neck aesthetic so maybe someday). torch in the bridge of both. putting a ghost coil in the neck of the other.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby voerking » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:29 am

voerking wrote:did anyone else grab one of his limited offerings? i got one of the FORSETI/AOC bridge pickups that i'm anxiously awaiting in the mail.

it came yesterday & i put it right in my guitar. it isn't terribly different from the Crone i had previously (which is a good thing, because i regretted selling that!) - LOUD, clear, balanced from the deepest lows to the upper highs (i will say high notes seem to have more girth than they do through other pickups). just a damn good sounding pickup.

my only complaint is that the silver paint finish looks a bit janky & like it's going to flake off very quickly & make a mess. i can deal with that, though.
voerking

experienced
experienced

Postby TraceItalian » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:24 am

voerking wrote:my only complaint is that the silver paint finish looks a bit janky & like it's going to flake off very quickly & make a mess. i can deal with that, though.

I mean, it does say in the description "This finish is very thin and will age quickly."
TraceItalian

committed
committed

Postby voerking » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:11 pm

TraceItalian wrote:
voerking wrote:my only complaint is that the silver paint finish looks a bit janky & like it's going to flake off very quickly & make a mess. i can deal with that, though.

I mean, it does say in the description "This finish is very thin and will age quickly."

i saw that, so i knew what i was getting into. it's so thin & fragile it seems essentially pointless, though. it's still a great sounding pickup. it just seems a little odd: everything else about the pickup's presentation - the sound, the workmanship, the packaging - is top notch, but the painted finish seems cheap.
voerking

experienced
experienced

Postby $harkToootth » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:43 am

The ad copy on this site speaks to me :lol: (I'm not joking though). Seems like a lot of fuzz bros whose opinions I respect love these things. I want to put new pickups in my cheap strat knock offs (I love the way they play but the output is...meh).
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Strange Tales » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:01 am

I just hope he puts up a Meteorite sometime in the future. I love the Fury I have in there but the perpetual balancing act of a strat size pickup in a tele sized hole is a herculean task for me when I'm thrashing around.
木枯らし // 木漏れ日 // 風に綱は戦ぐ

Strange Tales Distro - Japanese Underground Music Distribution in the US

Invisible Man wrote:Strange Tales: putting the ‘weeb’ in ‘dweeb’ since whenever.
Strange Tales

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby gnomethrone » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:39 am

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqL-gzNnMeV/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1heuwci8z1l85
necrobumping because "BLK/TRIDAY" is coming. I thought he'd called it quits or something.
good dealings here:
NSFW: show
Ancient Astronaught, fuzzlord!, onyxrhino, lordgalvar, JoeTheStache, kbit, BoatRich, oscillateur, grindonomicon, doommeow, fever606, Bearstripes, Casavettes, Faldoe, jellyfishfuzz, morange, Teej212, MEC, ianmarks, JWAR, Raj007
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby PeteeBee » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:04 am

Yeah I just saw that on instagram as well! Man, my ghost coil in the neck of my epiphone dot is my favorite thing. I kind of want to get something to match it in the bridge. Right now I have a lollar imperial low wind, and I never use. Not sure what it is but it just doesn't do anything for me. Ghost Coil sounds better no matter what I'm playing :love:
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby gnomethrone » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:37 pm

So theyve been MIA for a year, released a batch of pickups today and it sold out within an hour. I was hoping to pick one up but they didnt have the model I wanted in this batch. Maybe next year? :lol: Im not butt hurt or anything, it's super cool that a little company has such a gnarly following.
good dealings here:
Ancient Astronaught, fuzzlord!, onyxrhino, lordgalvar, JoeTheStache, kbit, BoatRich, oscillateur, grindonomicon, doommeow, fever606, Bearstripes, Casavettes, Faldoe, jellyfishfuzz, morange, Teej212, MEC, ianmarks, JWAR, Raj007
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Benn Roe » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:00 pm

If I have two frost giants that specify they're for the bridge position, is there any real reason I can't run one in the neck position?
Former Bands: Lazy Gaga, Kadis-kot, Pyramids, In First Person, the Holy Fucking Spirit, Take Down Your Art, A Petal Fallen
Benn Roe

experienced
experienced

Postby gnomethrone » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:45 pm

Toss em in & see what happens. Thats gonna be a super high output neck but maybe set the height a little lower? Post some pics of those bad dads when you get a chance.
good dealings here:
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby voerking » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:04 pm

another limited model got put up.
https://www.blktri.com/product/one-offs
i ordered one.
voerking

experienced
experienced

Postby cherler » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:53 pm

Well those went quick
Instagram yo

Good dealin's: D.o.S.
cherler

experienced
experienced

Postby gnomethrone » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:09 pm

I keep forgetting that the releases are in the eastern timezone and missing these completely.
:picard:
Post some clips of that WILDMEN whenever you get it installed and what not.
good dealings here:
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear