Chase Bliss mysterious purple pedal

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Chase Bliss mysterious purple pedal

Postby Jwar » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:13 pm

Ok. I haven't touched it yet. I'm going to isolate it away from my signal chain on the off chance something else is causing it, hell it could even be the power supply. Who knows. I'll report back! :) Thanks Joel!!
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Jwar » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:22 pm

Joel, I may write you an email, but I know you read on here to. :) Did you ever mess with this sucker with an active bass? I've found very different results with a passive vs. active. Which leads me to two possibilities. Something's wrong with my bass pre (not likely as but possible), or someone messed with the internal trimmers on this and fucked it up. I purchased it second hand, so you I'm not sure if it was owned prior to that. Here at ILF though, it wouldn't surprise me. LOL.

With active bass, the pedal distorts and losses character. With passive bass it opens up and does not distort at all. I've had all your pedals and this is the ONLY time I've experienced any issues with my active bass using one. So weird.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby chaseblissaudio » Sun May 01, 2016 3:06 pm

jwar wrote:Joel, I may write you an email, but I know you read on here to. :) Did you ever mess with this sucker with an active bass? I've found very different results with a passive vs. active. Which leads me to two possibilities. Something's wrong with my bass pre (not likely as but possible), or someone messed with the internal trimmers on this and fucked it up. I purchased it second hand, so you I'm not sure if it was owned prior to that. Here at ILF though, it wouldn't surprise me. LOL.

With active bass, the pedal distorts and losses character. With passive bass it opens up and does not distort at all. I've had all your pedals and this is the ONLY time I've experienced any issues with my active bass using one. So weird.

Interesting... Yeah shoot me an email. If possible it'd be great to see a quick video. I can show you how to set some bias trimmers to get absolute maximum headroom (they should already be set that way but they might not be perfect or someone might have messed with them) It's possible those pickups are just too hot for the BBD chips, they don't have a ton of headroom but generally do pretty well.
chaseblissaudio

committed
committed

Postby Jwar » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:08 pm

Joel,

I wanted to report back. I have since sold my Spectre and trade my MTD 435 for an Elrick which is passive active. Now I own a Spectre again because I wanted to try it in passive mode. I'm very happy to report it's fan-fucking-tastic with passive electronics. Kick on the active, instant distortion of the circuit. So it was my pre-amp all along. LOL! So annoying but at least I learned! Plus I'm finding I'm digging my effects in passive mode. So weird. I've been an active bass player for 20 years! Now I'm loving the passive mode! Makes no sense!

Great pedal though!!! I love it!

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby chaseblissaudio » Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:25 pm

jwar wrote:Joel,

I wanted to report back. I have since sold my Spectre and trade my MTD 435 for an Elrick which is passive active. Now I own a Spectre again because I wanted to try it in passive mode. I'm very happy to report it's fan-fucking-tastic with passive electronics. Kick on the active, instant distortion of the circuit. So it was my pre-amp all along. LOL! So annoying but at least I learned! Plus I'm finding I'm digging my effects in passive mode. So weird. I've been an active bass player for 20 years! Now I'm loving the passive mode! Makes no sense!

Great pedal though!!! I love it!

Very cool! Thx for the update my friend :)
chaseblissaudio

committed
committed

Postby Howsyrface » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:28 pm

necro bump to ask if anyone got the mod done to their purp knob version.
Howsyrface

involved
involved

Postby JonnyAngle » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:30 pm

Nope. Noise=good
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby cloudscapes » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:46 am

I hope it's a Miku stomp that sounds like Ray Charles
cloudscapes

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby baremountain » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:30 am

Howsyrface wrote:necro bump to ask if anyone got the mod done to their purp knob version.

I'm a late adopter & got the blue knob version (well, really the black knob etched version but w the blue knob mod) and I really dig it. No noticeable raise in noise floor when I kick it on. It sounds pretty dang sweet too.
Inner Vegas wrote:I don't think anyone is Obama

#wheresthebirthcertificate #obamahoax

solo tunes:
completed works || loosey goosey releases
associated acts:
Raab Zamboni (fake jazz/real noise//sax, modular synth, editing, misc) || Field Guide (my best friends//sax on 2 tracks)

I make t-shirts, patches, koozies, buttons, CDs, sometimes tapes, and eventually i'll start working on pedals again. DM me for pricing!
baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:45 am

The original Spectre is indeed wild. I'd like to try the newer version before I'd wanna mod it though. I'll probably just pick up a blue knob version if I can ever scrape up the cash. I'd like to compare them.

In the past I've definitely preferred older versions to their newer revisions. I like the original Warped Vinyl better than the V2. There were also things I liked better about the first version of the Blackout Whetstone better than the V2. :idk:

So, yeah, I'll most likely end up with both versions of the Spectre at some point. :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Previous

Return to General Gear