Lofi glitch sources

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Lofi glitch sources

Postby Gone Fission » Thu May 26, 2016 11:26 pm

Dandolin wrote:And it bears repeating that this thing is bottomless joy (not my demo, but it does touch on a sizeable subsection of the oh-so-much :!!!: in this snuggly lil 1/2 rack unit):

Doesn't matter how serious a harmonizer I get, I still want one of those. Pitch shift modes don't pay off for me until the external control kicks in, though. Gives me some ideas for fucking with a sequencer module in Vsig, though.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ognoy » Sat May 28, 2016 4:54 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:Captured a quick clip of the Moomindrone to show you. Vibrato, then tremolo, both with random wave set to very fast speeds (well, some good ol' squarewave trem at the end)
Keep in mind that this is with mix and depth of the modulation set to max, so it's noisy and a little hard on the ears. I just wanted to emphasise teh glatcch

This sounds awesome!
Are you planning on doing a full demo?
OGNOY/solo(ambient/noise/drones)https://ognoy.bandcamp.com/
Solstorm(doom/postmetal) https://solstormdoom.bandcamp.com/
ognoy

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Obulus » Sat May 28, 2016 5:22 pm

SO MANY GOOD STUFFS IN THIS THREAD. I know I needed a Boss RPS but know I was reminded. Also that moomindrone demo sounds sick! So many different Ezhi&Aka pedals though and I never really get what they do besides glitch the fuck out?
Obulus

experienced
experienced

Postby UglyCasanova » Sat May 28, 2016 8:08 pm

ognoy: I sure am. Just got to finish up at uni first :joy:

Obulus: this particular one has everything from straight sinewave vibrato, squarewave trem and delay (lofi, Echo Degraderish) to ramp up vibrato or mass confusion on a wave of 10ms runaway feedback. It's very, very versatile.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dheuthymos » Sat May 28, 2016 9:13 pm

conversely, how can i attain "hi-fi" glitches?
Dheuthymos

committed
committed

Postby UglyCasanova » Sun May 29, 2016 4:08 am

Hexe Revolver
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby drmaxell » Tue May 31, 2016 10:31 am

lordgalvar wrote:

Don't know why I didn't acknowledge it before(I guess the ramble took over) but Eivind is right...there were mods to the masf pedals to make them more durable. My possessed was from a Japan closeout auction from something...it was new, but was probably the old one. My Raptio was probably from tone factors first batch, but who knows which revision it really is because they buy from ninevolt I guess and they could send anything really.

Hey man, great work with the DSD-2! Curious about which settings you used with the zoom MS to trigger the DSD-2... to my ears you got the "best" glitches with that combo.... keep up the great vids!
drmaxell

interested
interested

Postby resincum » Tue May 31, 2016 11:30 am

a true inspiration!!

the zoom is feedback looping into itself and the 2nd out into the exp of the dsd. what mode is it set too/how exactly does it work? I was plugging random shit into my divine hammers cvs and was getting some super cool results, but I didn't understand how really
i'm glad i can call you a friend. even if i'll never see you again
resincum

Supporter
Supporter

Postby tremolo3 » Tue May 31, 2016 12:14 pm

Lexicon Vortex + Expression pedal.
John wrote:"guys play quiet, listen to my small costly device."

PumpkinPieces wrote:Fer shoogaze

tuffteef wrote:all you need is a big muff and feelings
tremolo3

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby drmaxell » Tue May 31, 2016 1:18 pm

resincum wrote:a true inspiration!!

the zoom is feedback looping into itself and the 2nd out into the exp of the dsd. what mode is it set too/how exactly does it work? I was plugging random shit into my divine hammers cvs and was getting some super cool results, but I didn't understand how really

Thx for the info... I wasn't sure if certain modes work better to trigger the glitching...
drmaxell

interested
interested

Postby lordgalvar » Tue May 31, 2016 1:29 pm

drmaxell wrote:
Hey man, great work with the DSD-2! Curious about which settings you used with the zoom MS to trigger the DSD-2... to my ears you got the "best" glitches with that combo.... keep up the great vids!

Like resin said, just a simple feedback loop...output to input.

Nothing specific setting wise...i just went straight from the presets and cycled through all of them by pressing that up button or something. I skipped most of of the compressors, gain, and amp modeling because they all kinda sound like the boss dd-6 in this function . A few I had to up the volume to get the self-oscillation going, but it is pretty much stock settings. The sequenced and modulation ones work best of course.

As for the editing, I just cut out the parts where I switched pedals, dead space, random fiddling, or it sounded too similar to what the boss dd-6 self-oscillation was sounding like.

resincum wrote:a true inspiration!!

Dsd-2 and three have a trigger function to trigger sample playback (in the vid before this, I showed that making rhythms with ring modulated CV). It also kind of works as a tap tempo. The weird thing is that a constant audio signal will bleed through into the actual audio signal, modulating the delay and mixing in some self-oscillation or whatever. The trigger in expects a 5v pulse to trigger samples/tap tempo...but the self oscillation may peak at 5v or something but it probably sits at around 1v-3v or something.

So when you plug other pedals into the CV in on the divine hammer think of it as a cycle that modulates within some range of 0v-5v as a CV signal...the broadcast is just a function generator that has different rise and falls between 0v-5v and in the low frequency range. Feedback loops can emulate an lfo with a much lower range of voltage. So it will still modulate, just not through as much range.

Also, on the tracer city, snazzy designed one of the CVS to be an option FM input to modulate the modulation with an external audio source I think (so he does design stuff to be used like that...and wouldn't be surprised if the divine hammer uses similar CV stylings).

Something like that...i don't know, it is just the way I think.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Dandolin » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:05 pm

Revenant mode: activate.

I got somethin' purdy good--it's relatively mild as glitching goes, but appropriate to it's use. Well, it aight.

And I realize I'm probs not the first one on this, but merhumblegrumble, I'm throwin' it out there anyways.

So you know all these new-fangled freeze/hold thingamabobs, yeah? They usually sound better with something to create a little movement in the neverending neverchanging signal. But lot's of the movement makers might be making the wrong kind of movement for you. Shine on you crazy part XXVIII anyone?

Well here's an idea: stick any kind of envelope triggered effect after a full-wet freezerholder or in the loop, say (ya got yer Superego for that, right?)--the cheaper the better. Odds are the trigger is gonna get a bit discombobulated by the lack of definitive triggering material and spazz out--not in a violent "someone just tweeted a malicious series of flashing lights at me" kinda way, more in a "was that a series of micro strokes or is the lack of sleep and over-dependence on cheesy taters in my diet trying to tell me something about my state of conciousness" kinda way....

's'nice; the flickering light at the crepuscule of existence....

Cheapo possibility for freezeglitch duty: Mooer Mod Factory--not one, but three under-performing envelope triggered modes--phaser, wah and ringmod (!)available--dirt cheep used b/c unrealistic user expectations of a tiny, overstuffed, cheep-ass digital multimod have never been more outsized to confirmable reality. Plenty of other ones where that came from--Valeton Coral Mod, Nux/Donner modjawn....

Ibanez Soundtank touch wah is a champ. Fancypants units might play too--c'mere Subdecay/Empress megas....
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:20 pm

Stupid brand name, pretty cool pedal:

UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jrfox92 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:50 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:Stupid brand name, pretty cool pedal:

WHERE CAN I GET THAT ONDES MARTENOT EURORACK MODULE?! :love: :drool:
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:57 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:Stupid brand name, pretty cool pedal:

Yes indeed--thank you kind sir! :zen:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear