Glockenspiels/Singing Bowls/Gongs/Bells/Array Mbira

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Glockenspiels/Singing Bowls/Gongs/Bells/Array Mbira

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:13 pm

lordgalvar wrote:I think I know Pedestrian Deposit? Did I play with a show with 'em or something? Maybe it was at the old Il Corral? I somewhat remember somebody in the band being pretty close with them and a whole bunch of other bands. I wasn't really online in those days haha. I'll look at some flyers.

You actually might have? They had a couple fairly successful albums before the social media boom. (I mean that in the context of I know you were active in the 2000's.)
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: BOSS SY-1000 is the greatest pedal ever and it's not that expensive. Nope.

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:25 pm

$harkToootth wrote:That guy is speaking my language!
On much less major scale... PEDESTRIAN DEPOSIT makes a lot of their own instruments. They process theirs through pedals though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnrTqJptOOQ

:thumb:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=139DPtaTH_k
"You can't copyright circuits really." - Ed Sanner …………….0.............
"The effects market was really nothing more than a bunch of beggars and thieves, all building off one another's work." - Dan Armstrong…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"...a benevolent dictatorship can be O.K. for as long as the benevolence lasts…” - Hardy Green
#cultofGreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lordgalvar » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:27 pm

Did some poking around. I think we played with the dude a lot when it was a solo thing or at least we were at the shows. Turns out he is from Tulare (which, when I heard the name, I knew he was from the Central Valley but couldn't exactly place where). Can't find any flyers though...but we played like 6 or more shows a month and sometimes 3 a week. Bakersfield had like 6 "indie/punk/underground" clubs at the time (Jerry's, the gate, Munoz gym, going underground, the mint, silverfox are the first that come to mind).

There were some out of town bands we played with a lot too (Roman Gabriel Todd's Beast Rising up out of the sea and Militant Children's Hour).

Thanks for the reminder. Found the flyer from when we played with Shearing Pinx.
Last edited by lordgalvar on Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:27 pm

:lol: I figured you would be into them too Chank. Thanks for that other video too.
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: BOSS SY-1000 is the greatest pedal ever and it's not that expensive. Nope.

Postby $harkToootth » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:22 am

Who's gone to a garage sale of thrift store to find singing bowls lately? This guy HAS NOT!
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Previous

Return to General Gear