Glockenspiels/Singing Bowls/Gongs/Bells/Array Mbira

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Glockenspiels/Singing Bowls/Gongs/Bells/Array Mbira

Postby Ugly Nora » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:09 am

Thanks, glad you liked it. I like that one also.
Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby moid » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:06 pm

Have you ever recorded anything else with that bass xylophone? I'd love to hear more from it :)
moid

experienced
experienced

Postby Ugly Nora » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:14 pm

Moid, my young friend, not recently. I haven't really recorded much of anything recently at all. But I love that bass xylophone and love making stuff with it and I definitely want to use it more in the future. The problem with it (along with all my music) is that the low frequencies don't pick up very well when recording to my phone. I have been content in the past with this, but have recently found the lack of low frequency and general sonic richness very limiting to what I want to acheive with Muddy Pussy. As such, I am looking to start recording more properly in the near future. I am waiting for black friday to hopefully get a deal on a DAW upgrade so I can go from Studio One v2, to v3.5. Last black friday, they had a 50% off sale, so I am hoping the will do that again. If not, I will still buy the upgrade, but if I can save $75, I would like to save it.

That said, I have been saying I want to record better quality stuff for a while now, so it is quite possible when I do buy the new DAW I still won't feel like recording anything properly simply due to the extra work involved (seriously, most of my songs take like 10 minutes of actual work). This stuff is just a way to pass time, and I probably take my music less seriously than most people around here. So, if it starts feeling too much like work and not being simply a fun way to waste time, I probably won't want to do it anymore and just play with my dog more. I love him so much. :love:
Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:25 pm

Ugly Nora wrote:Moid, my young friend, not recently. I haven't really recorded much of anything recently at all. But I love that bass xylophone and love making stuff with it and I definitely want to use it more in the future. The problem with it (along with all my music) is that the low frequencies don't pick up very well when recording to my phone. I have been content in the past with this, but have recently found the lack of low frequency and general sonic richness very limiting to what I want to acheive with Muddy Pussy. As such, I am looking to start recording more properly in the near future. I am waiting for black friday to hopefully get a deal on a DAW upgrade so I can go from Studio One v2, to v3.5. Last black friday, they had a 50% off sale, so I am hoping the will do that again. If not, I will still buy the upgrade, but if I can save $75, I would like to save it.

That said, I have been saying I want to record better quality stuff for a while now, so it is quite possible when I do buy the new DAW I still won't feel like recording anything properly simply due to the extra work involved (seriously, most of my songs take like 10 minutes of actual work). This stuff is just a way to pass time, and I probably take my music less seriously than most people around here. So, if it starts feeling too much like work and not being simply a fun way to waste time, I probably won't want to do it anymore and just play with my dog more. I love him so much. :love:

Don't lie, Nora! I know you're holding out on us and posting all your sound clips on the Rottweiler forum. :animal:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Ugly Nora » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:56 pm

No, but I did post an old one on reddit and trolled them telling them I was a Ugandan college boi. No one called me out on it, and I gained 12 subscribers on my youtubes. :idk:

https://www.reddit.com/r/noisemusic/com ... highs_pt2/
Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:58 pm

:lol: :thumb:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby chrisdermo » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:19 am

Ugly Nora wrote:No, but I did post an old one on reddit and trolled them telling them I was a Ugandan college boi. No one called me out on it, and I gained 12 subscribers on my youtubes. :idk:

https://www.reddit.com/r/noisemusic/com ... highs_pt2/

:lol:

Recording with a DAW and a few mics shouldn't be more than an extra 5 mins set up really..... do you have a room or even a corner you can leave stuff set up in? I.E. leave mics on stands, plugged into interface etc.

It can be a pain just to even do that sometimes though, this year I've gone back to 2 track recording for my tabletop setup, rough mix everything live on a turdy mini mixer...... it also eliminates the opportunity to obsess over a 'mix'... makes me more inclined to think about the sound as it's happening rather than trying to fix later.
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Ugly Nora » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:14 am

Yeah I can leave stuff set up, the extra work will come in the form of wanting to make my compositions longer and more elaborate. I won't obsess over a mix after it is recorded, as i still want an element of shit to my sound, albeit a fuller, deeper, richer shit.
Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby chrisdermo » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:41 am

Ugly Nora wrote:fuller, deeper, richer shit.

That's my kinda shit.
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:16 am

chrisdermo wrote:
Ugly Nora wrote:fuller, deeper, richer shit.

That's my kinda shit.

Good shit
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby Ugly Nora » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:20 am

Element of Shit would be a good name for my first album. Kind of like Robyn Hitchcock's album Element of Light, except with shit instead of light.
Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:34 am

We all have the same sense of humor when it comes to recordings. I've been wanting to tag my material as #notpunk #notmetal #notmusic #listentosomethingelse-core #preandpostlistentosomethingelse-core

One of my favorite mix tapes is aptly titled...
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ugly Nora » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:03 pm

I have no sense of humor, ask anyone.
Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:42 pm

I can relate sort of. I have a sense of humor but I'm told I'm not funny :lol:
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:50 pm

#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear