Glockenspiels/Singing Bowls/Gongs/Bells/Array Mbira

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Glockenspiels/Singing Bowls/Gongs/Bells/Array MbHira

Postby moid » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:42 pm

Ugly Nora wrote:

That Vestigial Ballerina track is lovely, I really like the broken mechanical toy type sound you've got there, very evocative. We have a track called Shortwave Lullaby (nothing like yours of course) that has some of the same atmosphere to it and will be on our next release. I'll post it here when it's ready. Do you ever create longer versions of these tracks? I'd certainly like to hear them.
moid

experienced
experienced

Re: Glockenspiels/Singing Bowls/Gongs/Bells/Array Mbira

Postby Ugly Nora » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:53 pm

Glad you like it! I like that one a lot too.

That IS the long version by the way. :lol:
Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:07 pm

Can't you train your dog to activate some type of looping device? :poke:

That guy got his cat to ring a bell. :hello:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Ugly Nora » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:17 am

Let me tell you something about my dog. Last week he somehow injured his front paw and a dime-sized piece of his pad was scraped off, so it was just exposed skin. The vet gave us some ointment to put on his foot 3 times a day even though we knew we would never be able to put it on him because he is super sensitive about his front paws, and even more so since it is injured. Well, I managed to get in on their only twice, once when he was sleeping and once when my girlfriend was playing with him. He actually snapped at me that time which is the first time he has ever done that in the 2+ years I've had him. He was at the point where anytime he saw me with the ointment tube in my hand, he would just run away.

Monday night, I was playing music in my studio and came back to my dog laying in my living room with the ointment bottle all chewed up and destroyed on the floor and not a sign of any of the ointment that was contained inside as if to suggest that he ingested it all. I called animal poison control (which cost me $65) and luckily it was not a life threatening incident, and the worst that would probably happen was he would vomit and have diarrhea for the next day or so.

So in conclusion, on the one hand, my dog is smart enough to seek out and neutralize a known threat to him; and on the other hand, he dumb enough to almost poison himself in the process.
Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:27 am

What I'm taking from that tale: Ugly Nora isn't smart enough to train his dog :hug:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Jwar » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:54 am

Nora, what drugs do you sell to afford all these lovely toys that I want to put in my studio? Also, where do I find said drugs so that I may also profit? :)
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:26 am

Ugly Nora wrote: I actually got 2 for $15 total from a guy on craigslist who had like 8 of them.
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ugly Nora » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:28 am

Bro, read the last page. I paid $7.50 for that one glock. Skip a creatine shake or 2 and you too can afford these toys. :thumb:
Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:32 pm

#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ugly Nora » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:08 pm

I do needs me a marimbula, but I also dont need any more instruments. It is an honest to god conundrum.
Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby moid » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:34 pm

moid wrote:
Ugly Nora wrote:

That Vestigial Ballerina track is lovely, I really like the broken mechanical toy type sound you've got there, very evocative. We have a track called Shortwave Lullaby (nothing like yours of course) that has some of the same atmosphere to it and will be on our next release. I'll post it here when it's ready. Do you ever create longer versions of these tracks? I'd certainly like to hear them.

I finally got it uploaded - it's my interpretation of my memory of playing with a 1950s valve radio when I was a child and listening (at night) to all the radio stations in Europe as they faded in and out of audible hearing as I dialled them in and out of reception... broken, hissy old sounds that don't exist anymore... nothing here now but the recordings as William Burroughs put it.

https://mushroomsinshampoo.bandcamp.com/track/shortwave-lullaby
moid

experienced
experienced

Postby Ugly Nora » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:10 pm

moid, you magnificent bastard, this sounds amazing. :!!!:

Excellent work. :thumb:
Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:39 pm

^ What that guy said, moid! :!!!: :)*
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby moid » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:43 pm

Thanks very much chaps, I'm really glad you like it :)
moid

experienced
experienced

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:01 am

#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear