Burford Electronics Britt-Face

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Burford Electronics Britt-Face

Postby Wizard » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:46 am

So Uhh,

I've been living in London for the past 3 months, i leave in two weeks. I figured i needed to get myself a souvenir, since i haven't bought anything that isn't a cardigan or a comic book.

I searched for som fuzz pedals on Gumtree, and they had this Burford Electronics Britt-Face. I can barely find anything about it on the web, and i can't play it because all my gear is in the states :(

So i bought it anyway. It has the British flag on it anyway, so it's now my souvenir.

Does anyone know what it sounds like? I take it'll be a more "Brit" OD touch to the FF sound. I'm hoping that's what it does anyway.

LAY SOME INFO ON ME! :bob:
I've got a fuzzbox and i'm not afraid to use it

jrmy wrote:And unlike the rest of the country, we recognize Sarcasm as a crucial building block of spoken language. Kind of like umami in cooking.
Wizard

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Re: Burford Electronics Britt-Face

Postby metalmariachi » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:41 am

well i did find their site.

http://www.projectguitarparts.co.uk/Pag ... ordfx.html

and they are made in the heart of England.

They have a couple of things I'd like to try out.

MM
金属マリアッチ
MARIATCHIMETARU

"First we have to make you pretty"
metalmariachi

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Lintybits » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:53 am

I have a Burford Phuzztron, haven't tried the others.

Not a bad fuzz, goes from lo-fi am radio to thick and muff like, but it has a couple annoyances. Doesn't have a volume knob and with everything cranked it's a little below unity. Opened it up to see if I could mod it (and add an LED) and found this -

The 2 black boxes (top right, bottom left) are filled with goop - I'm assuming that's where the components are but I can't get to them. That aside my friend borrowed it and loves it.

Hopefully you've got a good one - apparently mine is a very early model that has since been retired. Wanted to try the lo fi fuzz and the ring mod but this turned me off.
Lintybits

experienced
experienced

Postby Wizard » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:31 pm

metalmariachi wrote:well i did find their site.

http://www.projectguitarparts.co.uk/Pag ... ordfx.html

and they are made in the heart of England.

They have a couple of things I'd like to try out.

MM

Ahh, yes. Thank you. I guess i wasn't looking very hard.

That tells me, you know... what it's supposed to do.. And that all sounds really cool, so i'm hoping i've got something special on my hands. I'll be sure to let you guys know all about it!! :lol:

But i still like hearing experiences from players.. or video demos. :)

Lintybits, The phuzztron sounds like it is a bit of a pain, i do enjoy the idea of those tones, but when pedals are below unity, that's kinda annoying. Not to mention if there is one thing i hate after working as a right hand man to a brilliant amp doctor named Rich Koerner of Time Electronics, It's people who goo or glue or epoxy up their boards. Whether out of ego, or perhaps fear of the circuit coming apart, i never got it. Believe me, if you see some of the botched amp repairs i've seen come to rich for a re-repair, you'd vomit. Everywhere. :facepalm:

But hey, it sounds like a fun toy :]

i am contented. If anyone has played it though, i don't mind if you spoil the plot for me :thumb:
I've got a fuzzbox and i'm not afraid to use it

jrmy wrote:And unlike the rest of the country, we recognize Sarcasm as a crucial building block of spoken language. Kind of like umami in cooking.
Wizard

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Return to General Gear