The Whatever Thread .. For Gear!!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Whatever Thread .. For Gear!!

Postby spacelordmother » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:00 pm

dubkitty wrote:interesting idea, but not very practical unless you're Keith Rowe.

Or RDJ.

spacelordmother

HERO
HERO

Postby Dandolin » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:07 pm

:lol: :yay: :lol:
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MechaGodzilla » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:15 am

i keep seeing films/tv shows where a badass whips out a huge military/tactical duffel bag full of guns and ammo (usually around the third act, going after THe Big Baddie) and thinking "that bag would be great for leads and pedals" but i can't find one anywhere near as big as these ones on tv
megazord.powerchord
MechaGodzilla

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby spacelordmother » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:32 pm

MechaGodzilla wrote:i keep seeing films/tv shows where a badass whips out a huge military/tactical duffel bag full of guns and ammo (usually around the third act, going after THe Big Baddie) and thinking "that bag would be great for leads and pedals" but i can't find one anywhere near as big as these ones on tv

Effin A

spacelordmother

HERO
HERO

Postby BetterOffShred » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:49 pm

Yeah Commando totally came to mind.
BetterOffShred

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby BoatRich » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:02 pm

MechaGodzilla wrote:i keep seeing films/tv shows where a badass whips out a huge military/tactical duffel bag full of guns and ammo (usually around the third act, going after THe Big Baddie) and thinking "that bag would be great for leads and pedals" but i can't find one anywhere near as big as these ones on tv

If you’re in the US, try surplus stores. I have a bunch of military rucksacks and shit my dad gave me and they’re the best for pedals, mics, stands, and other excess shit.
BoatRich

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby K2000 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:37 pm

Looks like prices are coming down on Digitech Freqout and Cab DryVR ($129). Curious about both of them!

Also seeing lower prices on the BBE Sonic Stomp (I bought a mini for $65 and the full size ones are less than that).

No idea if these are any good (Sonic Maximizer is just a "loudness button" - I remember people snarking about that - we'll see!)
K2000

Supporter
Supporter

Postby dubkitty » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:49 pm

you can also get duffels and whatnot from outdoor equipment outlets and/or adventure travel retailers. they can be pricy if you get a Patagonia Black Hole bag (though it'll last forever) but budget-minded stores like Campmor and LL Bean offer good value and you can find some real bargains at Sierra Trading Post.
"there is no culture is my brag"--Mark E. Smith

"the policeman isn't there to create disorder, the policeman is there to preserve disorder"--Richard J. Daley

"i want to walk in the snow and not leave a footprint
i want to walk in the snow and not soil its purity"--Richey Edwards

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

SCARING THE CHILDREN SINCE 1970
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Jerry Garcia and Neil Halstead...OK, Charlottesville if you must

Postby The Eristic » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:42 am

Earthbound Supercollider being discontinued per Instagram. 20 more being made for a final batch. Suddenly, all the new ones that have been on Reverb for some time are gone.
The Eristic

experienced
experienced

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:33 am

Hey hey, I'm asking one of those "how to get this sound" questions.

The wah pedal in the solo at 7:10 in this song sounds super good. Is there any kind of wah that would sound most like this?

I've had a crybaby and a colorsound previously which were ok. So if the answer is "get another crybaby and maybe mod it" I can live with that answer. In fact I would rather it's a cheap answer. :lol:

https://open.spotify.com/track/2ndikhhB ... 17yxIRXfWw
some Swedish dude wrote:Hitler is #1 soy duck

I make music sometimes:

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby odontophobia » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:55 pm

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hey hey, I'm asking one of those "how to get this sound" questions.

The wah pedal in the solo at 7:10 in this song sounds super good. Is there any kind of wah that would sound most like this?

I've had a crybaby and a colorsound previously which were ok. So if the answer is "get another crybaby and maybe mod it" I can live with that answer. In fact I would rather it's a cheap answer. :lol:

https://open.spotify.com/track/2ndikhhB ... 17yxIRXfWw

Studio pictures on facebook only show one "sort of" clear wah shot. I thought it looked like a Cry Baby but there are several versions.

I can never make wah sound good. That wah seemed subtle and I wonder how much of it was technique over particular wah in question.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:05 pm

Yeah, unfortunately, I think, in this case, it's less about the specific model of wah and more about the totality of other gear involved. :idk:
"You can't copyright circuits really." - Ed Sanner …………….0.............
"The effects market was really nothing more than a bunch of beggars and thieves, all building off one another's work." - Dan Armstrong…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"...a benevolent dictatorship can be O.K. for as long as the benevolence lasts…” - Hardy Green
"Flangers gonna Flange, though. There's no way around that." - Joel Korte
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby codetocontra » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:06 pm

Vox always seemed more interesting than the basic Dunlop offerings. But now Dunlop has some variety in their lineup too. I have a friend that loves a good wah, his favorite is the Ibanez WH10, but he really like a Wilson wah too. Just looked and they have a dozen versions.

TLDR :idk:
Ask I Love Wah? :cool:
codetocontra

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:44 pm

i want one of the Dunlop Jerry Cantrell wahs, which seem to be less painfully shrieky than your typical wah.
"there is no culture is my brag"--Mark E. Smith

"the policeman isn't there to create disorder, the policeman is there to preserve disorder"--Richard J. Daley

"i want to walk in the snow and not leave a footprint
i want to walk in the snow and not soil its purity"--Richey Edwards

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

SCARING THE CHILDREN SINCE 1970
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Jerry Garcia and Neil Halstead...OK, Charlottesville if you must

Postby BetterOffShred » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:09 pm

535Q.. selectable frequency range, adjustable boost .
It's a good wah. It does like 5 wahs in one.

Edit: but basically what Chank said.

Copper :love:
https://i.imgur.com/CAvNv0o.gifv
BetterOffShred

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear