The Whatever Thread .. For Gear!!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Whatever Thread .. For Gear!!

Postby comesect2.0 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:51 pm

my reverb feeds been super boring...its just like cooper fx shuffling around at random prices and bulk cables il never buy....some one list a fuckin goatkeeper or someshit damn.
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:57 pm

and im pretty sure from selling almost everything that im not using that having a bunch of stUFF like gear all over was clouding my sight to what it is/means to have stufff...feel better with less shit... oh the glorious yrs of gear flipping how you dwindle, gonna be left with a piezo mic and overdrive in the end scratching on sidewalks with a battery powered amp beggin for chips.
phase 2
complete
flawless victory
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BitchPudding » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:12 pm

Im really digging the EQD Monarch but im having a hard time finding a drive pedal that mixes well with it. Usually I have two drives, one lower gain for cruchy rhythms and another running into that for high gain. Right now the crunchy low gain is coming from the monarch and the high gain is the monarch with a turbo distortion on mode 1 for the drive. its good, but I feel like theres perceived volume loss. Anyone got anything to recommend to pair with it? Or should I just run the monarch full blast on its own? :!!!:
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jero » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:44 pm

That moment when you hook up the trusty dd3 into rv3, after not using them in a while, and everything is :!!!: again

BitchPudding wrote:Im really digging the EQD Monarch but im having a hard time finding a drive pedal that mixes well with it. Usually I have two drives, one lower gain for cruchy rhythms and another running into that for high gain. Right now the crunchy low gain is coming from the monarch and the high gain is the monarch with a turbo distortion on mode 1 for the drive. its good, but I feel like theres perceived volume loss. Anyone got anything to recommend to pair with it? Or should I just run the monarch full blast on its own? :!!!:

Nothing helpful really, but when I had a Monarch I really liked the low gain range :hobbes:
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby odontophobia » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:19 pm

Jero wrote:That moment when you hook up the trusty dd3 into rv3, after not using them in a while, and everything is :!!!: again

BitchPudding wrote:Im really digging the EQD Monarch but im having a hard time finding a drive pedal that mixes well with it. Usually I have two drives, one lower gain for cruchy rhythms and another running into that for high gain. Right now the crunchy low gain is coming from the monarch and the high gain is the monarch with a turbo distortion on mode 1 for the drive. its good, but I feel like theres perceived volume loss. Anyone got anything to recommend to pair with it? Or should I just run the monarch full blast on its own? :!!!:

Nothing helpful really, but when I had a Monarch I really liked the low gain range :hobbes:

DD7 into RV3. Same. Love it.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Jero » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:00 pm

odontophobia wrote:
Jero wrote:That moment when you hook up the trusty dd3 into rv3, after not using them in a while, and everything is :!!!: again

The 7 is the only one I haven't had in that line I think...and after briefly looking up what differences there are, I find myself lusting for one suddenly :drool: Seems like it address any issues I have with the dd3. Latching hold, expression, tap tempo...Does the time bend when changing rate with the tap function?
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby odontophobia » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:10 pm

Jero wrote:
odontophobia wrote:

The 7 is the only one I haven't had in that line I think...and after briefly looking up what differences there are, I find myself lusting for one suddenly :drool: Seems like it address any issues I have with the dd3. Latching hold, expression, tap tempo...Does the time bend when changing rate with the tap function?

I had to double check -- and it doesn't.

But that's what knobs are for, I guess (kidding, this is totally stupid, tf doesn't it do it).
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Inconuucl » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:55 am

I've been playing with open tunings and a slide into a witch shifter lately and it's so much fun I can make a whole album of it. :snax: It's so easy to get beautiful tones and then slam the fuzz knob to take everything into oblivion.
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Paul_C » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:29 am

Damn - just talked myself out of buying a Tensor.

What's worse is that I'm really struggling to find a reason to buy anything :(

My reasoning for the Tensor failure was that I can probably recreate something similar post-recording in Audacity for the bits it does that I don't currently have a pedal for.

This may well be true for quite a few things I had in mind to buy as I don't need to anything live.

Rest assured that despite this I will no doubt have bought something by the end of the week ;)
Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby calfzilla » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:31 am

Paul_C wrote:Damn - just talked myself out of buying a Tensor.

What's worse is that I'm really struggling to find a reason to buy anything :(

My reasoning for the Tensor failure was that I can probably recreate something similar post-recording in Audacity for the bits it does that I don't currently have a pedal for.

This may well be true for quite a few things I had in mind to buy as I don't need to anything live.

Rest assured that despite this I will no doubt have bought something by the end of the week ;)

I bought my first pedal in months this past weekend. Saw a deal I couldn't pass up. Should be an easy flip if I don't like it. If it's not a killer deal, I'm in the same boat. Just no reason to buy anything these days.
I, myself, am a shit post
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby Paul_C » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:30 pm

I'm currently talking myself into an Interstellar Orbiter :)
Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby baremountain » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:38 pm

Been moderately GASing for an Ezhi and Aka Tape T for years, and I think I might pull the trigger? They're available at Perfect Circuit for 10% off, I just gotta figure out what I can put on the chopping block to make it happen.
Inner Vegas wrote:I don't think anyone is Obama

#wheresthebirthcertificate #obamahoax

solo tunes:
completed works || loosey goosey releases
associated acts:
Raab Zamboni (fake jazz/real noise//sax, modular synth, editing, misc) || Field Guide (my best friends//sax on 2 tracks)

I make t-shirts, patches, koozies, buttons, CDs, sometimes tapes, and eventually i'll start working on pedals again. DM me for pricing!
baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby K2000 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:37 am

I'm trying to start a heavy project with a couple of people, one of them plays a headless guitar with fanned frets (I'm guessing it's like a $3,000 guitar?) and he cannot get a heavy sound through the practice room's Orange full stack of cabinets. He said the issue is the modern high output pickups don't interact well with my Earth Superbass 100 watt tube amp. He also can't get a heavy sound from the Orange solid state head (I forget which model, but the 100 watt solid state amp which is considered good for a basic clean tone).

I'm pretty sure it's his stupid pedals at fault here (a Red Witch fuzz or OD, and some other fancy OD I don't recognize or remember). When he puts them both on, it doesn't work for some reason. The Red Witch pedal gets him into an overdrive or mild distortion territory. It's meek and mild when it should be insanely heavy.

Which fuzz is good for a modern guitar (not active pickups though) to play heavy sludgey doom type rock. I suspect the guitar is not the issue here, it's more of a clash of tastes. He likes bands like Ghost and seems like a "good tone" type player. The project is loosely based on bands like Sunn (he likes them) but I'm guessing that when push comes to shove, he considers a really dirty tone to be beneath his skill level. If that makes any sense.
K2000

Supporter
Supporter

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:51 am

Disclaimer I don't have any hugely high output pickup guitars, but Black arts stuff is probably a good shout. Pharaoh in particular is killer and all their pedals are geared around heavy sounds. I've never tried any of their pedals that weren't good for this.
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby D.o.S. » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:16 am

K2000 wrote:I'm trying to start a heavy project with a couple of people, one of them plays a headless guitar with fanned frets (I'm guessing it's like a $3,000 guitar?) and he cannot get a heavy sound through the practice room's Orange full stack of cabinets. He said the issue is the modern high output pickups don't interact well with my Earth Superbass 100 watt tube amp. He also can't get a heavy sound from the Orange solid state head (I forget which model, but the 100 watt solid state amp which is considered good for a basic clean tone).

I'm pretty sure it's his stupid pedals at fault here (a Red Witch fuzz or OD, and some other fancy OD I don't recognize or remember). When he puts them both on, it doesn't work for some reason. The Red Witch pedal gets him into an overdrive or mild distortion territory. It's meek and mild when it should be insanely heavy.

Which fuzz is good for a modern guitar (not active pickups though) to play heavy sludgey doom type rock. I suspect the guitar is not the issue here, it's more of a clash of tastes. He likes bands like Ghost and seems like a "good tone" type player. The project is loosely based on bands like Sunn (he likes them) but I'm guessing that when push comes to shove, he considers a really dirty tone to be beneath his skill level. If that makes any sense.

It's official. Headless guitars are not metal.

The problem you're running into is exactly what you'd expect: generally, sludgy doomy tone is based around circuits that are derived from, if not outright clones of, pedals that generally predate active guitar pickups. That said, the bog standard super saturated tone is not a necessity unless you make it one for this stuff. See later-Earth, Najda, etc.
Last edited by D.o.S. on Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear