The Whatever Thread .. For Gear!!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Whatever Thread .. For Gear!!

Postby comesect2.0 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:54 pm

listening to tricoli^ fuckyeah.... so let me type out whats been jamin, I got the masf possessed going into fuzz/od board, :whateva: ...out of all you can do with it.. im using the masf as a booster with guitar lol.. and after session its arpeggio glitch routines I bring out with my od's for a synthy sequencer after party,
Been really into messing with feedback lately and enjoying cutting threw feedback with guitar, for example il have 2 contact mic frags and 2 guitars into a passive mixer going into fuzz/od, pre/post amp and just mess with mixer vol for different harmonics of feedback.
masf possessed is fun when putting your voice threw it, had a nice vocal possessed session with me little girl sending it into sum digital carbon copy delay deal on my amp...basically tin cans, springs, and piezos are my bread and butter life blood gimmik niche i wanna build some shyit around...fuckin blue man group tin can rage shanty town massacre stylin.
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:04 pm

comesect2.0 wrote:I got the masf possessed going into fuzz/od board, :whateva: ...out of all you can do with it.. im using the masf as a booster with guitar lol..

That is hilarious. Especially for how niche the Possessed is. I'm guilty of doing something similar though. I have this two knob fuzz that I love for the harmonic content (or lack there of really) but I mostly use it as a boost :lol: I roll back the fuzz knob and pump the gain :lol: maybe it's not "by the book" but it works.

By the way, I haven't looked at your set up in a while but it seems you're incorporating more guitar. Have you thought of getting a Mid-Fi Glitch Computer? Honestly one of my top five favorite pedals and you can find them here in BST and Reverb for cheap.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:07 pm

Who sells MASF in the States now? I think I got my three pedals before this distributor stopped...well...existing. I already have the pedals of theirs that I want but I did look at a Kidnapper (even though I kind of think the Glitch Computer makes those sorts of sounds and maybe better and with an extra knob).
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:18 pm

:)
yeah... I was really into mid-fi before I used reverb.com or even lurkd here, was constantly throwin in bids on ebay and just never could scrap up enough to win/try out the glitch computer, theres so much I want to try now from mid fi, like that magik I ..was wondering how it would take massive vol from synths... random number gen was sweet, listenin to bobs old demo of the glitchcomp right now, daaaang thats ugh fuzzy :excellent:
been using guitar more lately, somthin upstairs clicked and im really enjoying figuring it out...i never look at what im doing while playing, just got the feeling, learning little palm tricks, fuckin lovin it...only I call them guitars but they are diddley bows i guess, Dashtick guitars baby!
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:22 pm

i signed up on a waiting list from tonefactor...they left 2 emails and a voicemail like HURRY UP THEIR GOING FAST! lol ...wasnt masf comming out with all new stuff or was that just blah blah...like version 2 of somthing.. :idk: :snax:
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:27 pm

I've been playing guitar since I was 13 and I more or less do the same thing as you. I've "unlearned" the instrument so to speak. Magic i is sick. Highly recommend. Doug just did a sale on those too. Even if I didn't like the sound of it...it's just cool looking :lol:

I listen to a lot of No-Wave and most of the guitarists in those bands don't really on Chromatic tuning except for dissonance (which is just a construct anyway). Lots of palm mutes and interesting harmonics make up the sound profile.

Honestly, don't know regarding MASF. Whoever distributed them in USA, I can't find their site anymore. It was weird. It's always weird.
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:31 pm

look at our newest member. lol
oh yeah and before I sign off, ummm...chorus's are scary, and you cant get a deamons attention without true silver strings...so they say..
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:12 pm

So I bought an Rg852.. the burled poplar blue 8 string.. and I'm already looking at pickups. I think I'm going to get x-bar/deathbar.. they sound so fucking good. I play with medium overdrive a lot and sometimes full on grind, and these pickups seem to have clarity that is unrivaled. I also want an Old Blood Dark Star. It'll go nice with my Polypus Supreme and a few others
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby vallaton » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:10 pm

really late to the bitquest party, but i'm so glad i'm finally in. i've spent the day just going through the different modes and settings and i haven't even scratched the surface. so much fun and range! i don't really have that much use for the sex robot arcade orgy settings, but i'm glad they're there.

i think i'll need to get a new mini hb for the bridge position of the warren ellis (as the stock one feels kinda lifeless), but i'm really not in my element with guitar pickups. guess i'm going to have to spend a few hours watching youtube videos and still not understand anything.
vallaton

committed
committed

Postby comesect2.0 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:28 am

#rahrahrahrippinoffdamagpie
https://www.etsy.com/listing/550539738/ ... e_active_1
&
holy shitstained watermelon cocks! this looks pretty rad....350 tho :erm: :eek:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/537611718/ ... e_active_1
BAhbam! found it for cheaper https://reverb.com/item/5632833-fuzzlor ... ombo-pedal
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Inconuucl » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:55 pm

Not gonna lie, even now I still have the urge to sell all of my guitars and get one of those Aluminum Chapman Sticks. :snax:

Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby actual » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:26 pm

Sereks are too nice. Anybody played one?

Mixing and mastering? Makeshift Audio
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Mudfuzz » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:43 pm

Those are swanky as fuck.

OK QUESTION! SHOULD I GET A FATRAT OR MOD MY VINTAGE RAT OR DOES SOMEONE MAKE A GOOD COPY OF A VINTAGE RAT [THE BIG BOX ONE, I LIKE THEM] THAT HAS A TOGLE ON THE GAIN AND MORE IMPORTANTLY... A FUCKING LIGHT?!?!?!?!?

THANKS!
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby BetterOffShred » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:20 pm

Get a copy. They got that chip like the OP70D or some shit that is the replacement for the 308 and it's hard to tell the difference from my research.
Vintage rat is worth a lot of money so drilling holes in it wouldn't be my first choice.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Mudfuzz » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:30 am

I might... But which one isn't lame.? And by vintage I mean the model, not it being vintage.. I think the one I have is a 2003 or 4.. :idk:
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear