Postby actual » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:22 pm

So no tapes?
Mixing and mastering? Makeshift Audio
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Re: The Whatever Thread .. For Gear!!

Postby $harkToootth » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:24 pm

:cry: No tapes, no reverb store, no artist interviews, no promo codes....
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:25 pm

Don't give that pig money! U want tapes of Waka doodle crazyness of gg live...tube it brotha....he eats a cat somewhere on yt...rips it up feeds it Coke then eats it is the backstory. Called the infamously " cat show"
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:29 pm

Type MEOW for 16% off.
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MechaGodzilla » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:01 am

Ruiner wrote:
chrisdermo wrote:
Ruiner wrote:Innnnnnnnn

What is that!!??

Nagra SNST stereo reel to reel spy recorder that fits in the palm of your hand and runs off batteries. Using it on an audio visual project where I go to remote locations and record ambient music with battery operated instruments and effects and record it directly on that. Eventually matching up the audio with video from each location.

Hey I went to see that film ATOMIC BLONDE (Charlize Theron, spy movie, dumb but cool) and the main character was using some Nagra recorders and it made me think of ruiner :lol:
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby tremolo3 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:30 pm

John wrote:"guys play quiet, listen to my small costly device."

PumpkinPieces wrote:Fer shoogaze

tuffteef wrote:all you need is a big muff and feelings
tremolo3

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby comesect2.0 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:37 am

any of you gone to recording/engineering school where its mandatory to take a/the protools test before being able to explore and learn hands on the program itself. Its like (teacher)"heres a program that will allow you to do anything and everything now heres a 2000 page book, study it tonight and tomorrow we'll take the test, and if you pass you can use the software." failed that shyit hard....sitting here remembering b.s. that got me no where lol
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby actual » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:49 am

Read more and apply again :) Avid offer a monthly subscription for 25 a month that you could use to practice.
Mixing and mastering? Makeshift Audio
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby friendship » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:41 pm

Does anyone know if the Ibanez 7 series phasers (any of them) suffer from the same clock noise problems as the flanger does?
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:11 pm

^I can't answer that question. :idk:

I also can't answer this question:

Is "snokey" a coke dealing cop or something?

https://reverb.com/item/6392458-vintage ... 80s-chrome
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby friendship » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:13 pm

Chankgeez wrote:^I can't answer that question. :idk:

I also can't answer this question:

Is "snokey" a coke dealing cop or something?

https://reverb.com/item/6392458-vintage ... 80s-chrome

Can't? :(

or won't? :mad:

sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby codetocontra » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:08 pm

comesect2.0 wrote:any of you gone to recording/engineering school where its mandatory to take a/the protools test before being able to explore and learn hands on the program itself. Its like (teacher)"heres a program that will allow you to do anything and everything now heres a 2000 page book, study it tonight and tomorrow we'll take the test, and if you pass you can use the software." failed that shyit hard....sitting here remembering b.s. that got me no where lol

That is a terrible approach to teaching. By default students don't know anything. So if you're supposed to learn from a book about a program you've never touched then why not just keep doing that instead of going to a class to supposedly learn from a teacher? There has to be an entry-level approach for a beginner.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:21 pm

I just did a career fair at a 'For Profit College' that probably does this sort of thing (tests). We don't hire audio engineers but, it was amazing to see the number of job seekers with 'Pro-Tools' and the like on their resumes. I'm assuming they put it on there because a module is required for the curriculum but actual 'real world application' is not really there for most students?

Incidentally, my colleague and I were next to a company that rents out audio equipment so their employee and I just geeked out about pedals and hardcore making the day bearable (nothing against the students, it's just taxing to talk to people for 4 hours straight. I don't even do that with my friends :lol:).
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goosekevin » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:37 pm

im borrowing my friend's HM2 and PS3 and i think im in love with both of them, the HM2 does the sort of crunchy cardboard gain sound that i wanted from the driving notion, albiet more subtly and sounds sick after reverb and the ps3 is something i can see having a tonne of uses for, the dual detune especially, seems like my favourite parts of boss delays + detune which i love so much more than traditional chorus + my favourite parts of the rainbow machine
Derelict78 wrote:That probably sounds awful in the best possible way.
goosekevin

Supporter
Supporter

Postby chrisdermo » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:31 am

comesect2.0 wrote:any of you gone to recording/engineering school where its mandatory to take a/the protools test before being able to explore and learn hands on the program itself. Its like (teacher)"heres a program that will allow you to do anything and everything now heres a 2000 page book, study it tonight and tomorrow we'll take the test, and if you pass you can use the software." failed that shyit hard....sitting here remembering b.s. that got me no where lol

Dumbest teaching method ever.
I got taught protools at uni 10 years ago, never used it since. It is, and always has been, a massive con on the audio engineering industry. And to my ears anything played through it instantly sounds like ass. Yes the editing for live recordings is superior to SOME other programs, but the reality of the situation now is that no one except the bigger studios will care what program you use to record them or yourself, as long as whatever you're doing sounds good.
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear