Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Whatever Thread .. For Gear!!

Postby BetterOffShred » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:05 am

comesect2.0 wrote:I love you Brett,
NSFW: show
you douche.

-Lee

:hug:
I really am a nice guy! And since I primarily view this website from work, I cannot look at your pic, but it says "you douche." in the quote, so I'm sure I deserve it! ;)
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:40 am

Lol. You passed the hazing ritual, now let's see your pedal board posts! :hug:
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Inconuucl » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:55 am

I used Ableton for the first time after being on a forced iPad only sabbatical for months. I was internally crying at how good it was. :lol:
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby BetterOffShred » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:26 am

Andrew wrote:
BetterOffShred wrote:
Andrew wrote:I genuinely wouldn't have thought that a 27" 7 string would be the most comfortable guitar that i've ever played

I want a 26.5" 7 string with a tele body.. and a Multi-scale 8 string.

Neither am I, but for the spacey doomy riffs that I steal, it works a treat. I wouldn't mind swapping out the pups, but it's car service and registration time. :idk:

I am an amateur woodworker and I've been in the process of building a guitar from scratch for a while.. But that's my dream once I bang out a couple of decent ones, to build myself a multi-scale 8 string. With some BareKnuckle's .. yes yes
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:42 am

I rock a 30 inch 9 string and am pretty convinced I'm going to get bad carpal tunnel early in life. V:cry:V
There was an old 7 String Washburn with a 25 inch neck at a pawn shop. I wanted to get it and make it fretless but they wanted too much money for it (not really, I just wanted to spend $80 and they wanted $120, wasn't going to happen :lol:).
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Kacey Y » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:49 am

I'm thinking about just driving dump trucks into brick walls. I can't see reaching my tone goals any other way, without dynamite and access to a network of caves. The only thing I haven't figured out yet is where to put the pickup.

What's the best dump truck for heavy noise rock?
Appalachian Queer Punk Moms Local 138
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby BetterOffShred » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:38 pm

$harkToootth wrote:I rock a 30 inch 9 string and am pretty convinced I'm going to get bad carpal tunnel early in life. V:cry:V
There was an old 7 String Washburn with a 25 inch neck at a pawn shop. I wanted to get it and make it fretless but they wanted too much money for it (not really, I just wanted to spend $80 and they wanted $120, wasn't going to happen :lol:).

I believe both my 7 strings are 25.5" scales, and that's OK.. but I have one down to G and it's pretty floppy even with a 58. I really dislike the feel of power cables just to try and up the tension on my low strings, and would rather have a 56 at 26.5 or 27" any day.

30" scale 9 string you say! :love: Sounds fun. I feel like 8 would be enough for me, well I'm sure 7 is, but once again, getting a low E plus my B would be cool, do you have a high A on yours? :hobbes:
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:55 pm

Sadly, I do not. There is a user here 'elevenstrings' who might have that. Mine just goes low. The heavier strings make the guitar 'fret buzz city'. It's an Agile so I totally did not pay top dollar for it like you see for other extended range instruments (I mean it wasn't cheap either but...you know...).

I also have a 6 string fretless bass that I got for $200...with a case...that was clutch :lol:
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goosekevin » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:12 pm

i thiiiiiiink i wanna sell all my reverb pedals and just get an rv500 and be done with it, im so picky about reverb and i havent found anything that does all that i want with the level of tweaking i want
RRR is pretty perfect for my normal reverb needs but i want something bigger and spacier a lot of the time, i traded for an afterneath but its not doing what i wanted or expected, gonna sell my ghost echo too now i have it back from a loan i did with a friend
i wish i could have back all the hours i have spent in my life thinking about reverb pedals
Derelict78 wrote:That probably sounds awful in the best possible way.
goosekevin

Supporter
Supporter

Postby BetterOffShred » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:00 pm

I don't even care.. I'm buying one of these.
Attachments
Rg852.jpg
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Inconuucl » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:24 pm

You do you, my dude. :thumb:
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby BetterOffShred » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:26 pm

Inconuucl wrote:You do you, my dude. :thumb:

hehe! I have 3 Ibanez guitars currently, a '98 Universe, a 97 (I think) RG7620, and a USA custom from the late 80's and I love all three! I've been lusting for an 8 string for about 3 years so I figure life is short, shred guitars!
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby The Eristic » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:18 pm

The store I teach at got a new closeout pricelist from a distributor and it has those Aalberg Audio pedals for like $80 each and the little controller for $30. I'm torn, as they're like $300 each new and all have stereo I/O which I could use, but none of them do anything sonically I don't already have or anything unique in general.
Check out my live guitar streams @ http://www.twitch.tv/the_eristic!
The Eristic

experienced
experienced

Postby $harkToootth » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:23 pm

Brett, I played one of those Ibanezs. They rip! I was considering one when I was on the market but then I got the 9 string. I only did that though because the extra string over-compensates for my tiny penis.

If I could do it again I would have bought one of those used...this year...their like $300 now.
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:26 pm

$harkToootth wrote:If I could do it again I would have bought one of those used...this year...their like $300 now.

The RG852?? They are like $1700 new.. I can't even find any used except on Reverb, and they are still expensive! :cry:
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear