The Whatever Thread .. For Gear!!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Whatever Thread .. For Gear!!

Postby BetterOffShred » Wed May 30, 2018 5:43 pm

That dude has a bunch of hilarious science fail videos hehe.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Andrew » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:16 am

Found a free Gravity Pick that came with my new patch cables. I feel like a generic guitar forum douchebag now, but I really like it but am sad that I will lose it because it is transparent yellow and I have wooden floorboards and they're the price of like 8 dunlop gator picks that I use.
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby dubkitty » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:40 pm

i just have to vent for a second. WTF is up with online sellers who can't be arsed to ship out merchandise for days after payment? i ordered a guitar off Reverb on Monday, and it didn't go out until this afternoon. dude's in Des Moines, so it's not like there's anything else to do. i even had to call up Guitar Center and bug them because they hadn't even charged my PayPal as of today for an amp i ordered on Tuesday. what's their excuse? they have a fucking shipping department right in the store! someone in another thread said that the worst customer service he'd ever seen is in the boutique pedal industry; i'd push that out to the online music gear market in general (though there's examples of great service as well, of course). i just want my Duo Sonic and my AC15, goddammit!
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby 3205 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:05 pm

Korg needs to rip off the JamMan XT series - make an inexpensive looping pedal that can sync to volcas, -logues, and each other. Though I'm not sure if their sync protocol sends start and stop messages.
affiliations
Chase Bliss, Spiral Electric, DigiTech/DOD

committed
committed

Postby Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D. » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:21 pm

^it doesn't, its just pulses. but basically you set the slave device to sync and then press play on it so it'll wait & go when it starts to receive pulses. thats how they work it i believe.
Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby 3205 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:28 pm

Their units seem to be field updatable, so they could issue new firmware* for Korgsync.

*hey Korg go pump out new firmware for like 15 different products, just get an intern on it NBD
Last edited by 3205 on Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
affiliations
Chase Bliss, Spiral Electric, DigiTech/DOD

committed
committed

Postby frodog » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:30 pm

Agreed.

I'm borrowing this mid-'80s MIJ '57 reissue from a friend. It's hands down the best playing guitar I've tried (previous owner got it plek'd) and sounds amazing. Thought I didn't like strats for a long time, but this has changed my mind. Great with a Team Awesome!

j_strat.jpg
frodog

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Gone Fission » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:37 am

dubkitty wrote:i just have to vent for a second. WTF is up with online sellers who can't be arsed to ship out merchandise for days after payment? i ordered a guitar off Reverb on Monday, and it didn't go out until this afternoon. dude's in Des Moines, so it's not like there's anything else to do. i even had to call up Guitar Center and bug them because they hadn't even charged my PayPal as of today for an amp i ordered on Tuesday. what's their excuse? they have a fucking shipping department right in the store! someone in another thread said that the worst customer service he'd ever seen is in the boutique pedal industry; i'd push that out to the online music gear market in general (though there's examples of great service as well, of course). i just want my Duo Sonic and my AC15, goddammit!

Well, it could be worse. I emailed Musicgoround over two weeks after purchase asking where the effect was. "Derp, we sold it out from under you, never mind your purchase, derp. Derp, would you like a refund, derp?"

Pissed me off because it was a Lexicon rack unit at 1/3 the going rate because of unspecified noise. High probability of user error, or the most elaborate fix would have still only gotten me to 2/3 price.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:30 pm

Yamaha keyboards promote violence to impressionable youth.... child goes " punch a girl screaming and the boy laughing with the bulldog" punch/scream/laugh/woof are sound effects on the keyboard.....................................................
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Inconuucl » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:23 pm

ngl, I would go for this if a mexican model was released. :snax:
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby MechaGodzilla » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:27 pm

^^ I'd put one together myself coz it'd look way better with a tele headstock and still come in cheaper than that fender one
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby greenmario » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:57 pm

I like how they put a mustang bridge on it but still show the low E string popped out of the saddle for the vintage JM bridge experience

Inconuucl wrote:Image

greenmario

involved
involved

Postby Jero » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:11 pm

greenmario wrote:I like how they put a mustang bridge on it but still show the low E string popped out of the saddle for the vintage JM bridge experience

Inconuucl wrote:Image

:lol: good eye
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby nogodsnobedtimes » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:12 pm

Definitely not into the color, but yeah those are quirky cool. Would rock.
nogodsnobedtimes

experienced
experienced

Postby K2000 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:50 am

My friend need a bass distortion, he doesn't have any stompboxes but he has a nice tube amp. He's probably not going to spend money on an expensive boutique pedal yet. I might even buy something for him, if it's not expensive. What seems like the best pick for a heavy bass sound? Am I forgetting anything? (I don't like Muffs for bass, IMO they're too muddy). Vote?

Rat clone
Wooly Mammoth clone (too squelchy? Sustain is important)
Meathead clone
Behringer Super Fuzz (too squelchy?)
DOD Gunslinger
DOD Boneshaker
K2000

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear