The Whatever Thread .. For Gear!!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Whatever Thread .. For Gear!!

Postby BetterOffShred » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:03 am

Oh sure I understand. That was a bad time for toanz as the market was flooded with strange solid-state amps that didn't sound that great for the task at hand , and furthermore there was pressure by the big names to promote this gear.. It was the 90s but remember when the cyber-twin came out? That thing was/is a piece man, but they were pumping it hard.

As for a Pharaoh. I'm sure someone here would build you one cheap. Just have to know how to ask ;)
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:15 am

the sounds of feedback are the best feelings ever
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Mudfuzz » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:44 am

So.. The fat rat sounds like a rat. In a very rat like way. It does what I needed. The fat setting isn't what I would call fat. It's more like it changes the flavor of the tone stack to that of a Russian muff. The mosfet setting makes it more like a normal "metal" distortion than a rat... Gone are the splatters and chewys in the clipping...
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby BetterOffShred » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:38 am

Well I suppose that's a win? My girlfriends friend and her boyfriend came over tonight and I guess he's a huge Albini fan.. so I was like "yo i got this percolator clone downstairs socketed up with what I think sounds like the shit, come check it out" 2 hours later were still passing the guitar back and forth. I think my clone is about done. Thanks to D rock and his tips. I feel like this is a great version of a classic.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Olin » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:43 am

I keep getting the idea to sell off all my big amps and just get a Twin Reverb and spend a good chunk of the excess money on nice mics and stuff. This feels too soon to be growing out of the big amp game but the simplicity/lack of back breaking bullshit appeals.
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Paul_C » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:42 am

actualidiot wrote:I've run out of gear to lust after.

:eek:
Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Mudfuzz » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:08 pm

BetterOffShred wrote:Well I suppose that's a win?

Not sure though if I am winning... After all the fuzzes I've gone through I'm back to a rat and a type of muff... :facepalm:
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby BetterOffShred » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:32 pm

Mudfuzz wrote:

Not sure though if I am winning... After all the fuzzes I've gone through I'm back to a rat and a type of muff... :facepalm:

It's about the journey not the destination man! :joy: yeah you aren't doing anything wrong.

I don't have "a sound" I'm looking for.. I want them all. I'm a gear hoarder for sure though. I just dig them all. I don't have a metal zone, but I'd get one if the price was right. There's fun to be had in every box I've played with so far.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Mudfuzz » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:01 pm

BetterOffShred wrote:
Mudfuzz wrote:

It's about the journey not the destination man! :joy: yeah you aren't doing anything wrong.

I don't have "a sound" I'm looking for.. I want them all. I'm a gear hoarder for sure though. I just dig them all. I don't have a metal zone, but I'd get one if the price was right. There's fun to be had in every box I've played with so far.

:lol: [gear horder... you have no idea..] yeah I don't have a head sound.. but I'm a bassist and in the end of all things I have to be able to do my job the best I can and I can't let something that "seems" cool get in the way :idk: Also after a while you learn how to make anything sound fucked up and crazy.. it's what inside that has to come out more than the shiny toy.
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby BetterOffShred » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:15 pm

Sounds to me like you got your priorities straight :thumb:
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby wafl » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:08 pm

Hey does anybody know of a humbucker that has a black cover and white screws.

I want to modify one of my pickups but I would like to see a picture first but I can't for the life of me remember if I've ever seen that or where I would have seen it. I want to say it was in a black on black fendery looking thing but who knows.
wafl

experienced
experienced

Postby Mudfuzz » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:36 pm

wafl wrote:Hey does anybody know of a humbucker that has a black cover and white screws.

I want to modify one of my pickups but I would like to see a picture first but I can't for the life of me remember if I've ever seen that or where I would have seen it. I want to say it was in a black on black fendery looking thing but who knows.

:idk:
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby wafl » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:01 am

Nah, like with the metal cover and one row of screws, except the metal is black instead of chrome. I think I dreamed of it and am remembering it as if it actually happened.
wafl

experienced
experienced

Postby Mudfuzz » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:05 am

I don't think I've seen that, depending on your guitar design an finish that might look sharp! Post a pict if you do it :thumb:
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby worra » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:45 pm

Mudfuzz wrote: :idk:

That's a hawt look
https://foldednote.bandcamp.com
https://sunbeamer.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/_sunbeamer/

DRodriguez wrote:home is where the noise is

aen wrote:I'm pretty much kicked out of hipster beverage town.
worra

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear