The Whatever Thread .. For Gear!!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Whatever Thread .. For Gear!!

Postby Dandolin » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:41 pm

I'm another lo res guy.
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:41 pm

fuck is this
http://www.liltreesguitars.com/stomp-box/
https://reverb.com/item/11309147-lil-tr ... ack-silver
& wtf is this shit it sounds like fucking nothing.
https://reverb.com/item/11500794-tanabe ... drive-rare
I keep looking up videos and it sounds like nothing.
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:14 am

He says the choke knob removes Henry's from the signal .. an inductor that removes Henry's... hey man that's some tony stark shit
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:20 am

Sittin here...daydreamin with some beers....on where the fucj should I put a red army...just pitched a cent to have one built by the master that makes sounds loudly....want it behind the ring..but having the truck lead all the time gets oldso now it's like okay filters grrr
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:30 am

Yall seen those incinerators.............................................................
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby K2000 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:46 pm

What's a delay that has loud repeats? I'm trying to add vocals over a noisy din, and the vocal repeats get swallowed up really quickly.

I'm running the delay in-line directly into the mixer, so maybe there's a better way. Do I need a Keymaster or something like that?
K2000

Supporter
Supporter

Postby BetterOffShred » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:04 pm

The minifooger analog thing has crazy loud repeats imo. It has a gain knob for them too.. you might be able to get it for 100$ still

The Rebote 2.5 project has a volume knob and gets pretty loud repeats too.. it's worth a look.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Gone Fission » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:23 am

K2000 wrote:What's a delay that has loud repeats? I'm trying to add vocals over a noisy din, and the vocal repeats get swallowed up really quickly.

I'm running the delay in-line directly into the mixer, so maybe there's a better way. Do I need a Keymaster or something like that?

For digital delays without an analog dry path, you can often do better for the effected signal's perceived intensity (and the dry path's not getting fucked up) by running the effect full wet off of an aux send or off of a splitter and mixing the dry and effected signal to taste at the mixer. For vocals, this may be easily in reach. If you have the ability to run the delay this way rather than in-line, try that before buying anything else.

(Not to be all "delicate harmonics in crystal lettuce" but it sometimes does make an audible difference not just on the dry signal.)
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:43 am

"Free the fragile harmonic electrons now"

Crystals definitely cannot survive in lettuce.
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby K2000 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:06 am

Gone Fission wrote:
K2000 wrote:What's a delay that has loud repeats? I'm trying to add vocals over a noisy din, and the vocal repeats get swallowed up really quickly.

For digital delays without an analog dry path, you can often do better for the effected signal's perceived intensity (and the dry path's not getting fucked up) by running the effect full wet off of an aux send or off of a splitter and mixing the dry and effected signal to taste at the mixer. For vocals, this may be easily in reach. If you have the ability to run the delay this way rather than in-line, try that before buying anything else.

(Not to be all "delicate harmonics in crystal lettuce" but it sometimes does make an audible difference not just on the dry signal.)

I'll look for an Aux. Send on the mixer, thanks!
K2000

Supporter
Supporter

Postby MechaGodzilla » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:37 am

The dba echo master is good for this.
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby comesect2.0 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:01 am

What's up with these Japan ebay sellers with all the rad unique gear priced at 700 to 1000.
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Andrew » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:45 pm

Fuck 8 strings are fuuuun, i'm embracing the stereotype and chunking away on the 2 bottom strings. But fuck it.

It's a pain in the arse finding the right strings, super heavy 6/7 strings with a flabby ass 8 string. D'Addario 9-80 seems alright.
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby BetterOffShred » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:49 pm

Mines a 27" scale, and I'm digging the 9-74s.. I didn't like the 80. I tune the low string to E, and don't really djent on it though.

9-42 on the 27" feel like 10-46 on a 25" to me at least. For the B and low E.. I'm kind of just putting up with what I got. I'd love a 54 and a 77.. but that's probably not happening.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Andrew » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:33 am

I'm not into Djent either, but I really need to set it up the guitar because factory fresh guitars aren't the best so maybe that would sort out everything. It's weird because I like playing 10-52s in Drop C on a Les Paul, I think some guitars just need the right strings regardless of scale.
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear