The Whatever Thread .. For Gear!!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Whatever Thread .. For Gear!!

Postby waltdogg » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:53 pm

cioks dc5
D.o.S. wrote:Why do people eat steak that shit is gross

behndy wrote:lol. she thinks Brazil is wayyyy too unsafe. but i got PLANS.

MechaGodzilla wrote:man, fuck those big neutrik plugs
waltdogg

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby greyscales » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:13 pm

I'll second the Cioks DC5 and add Adam as an alternate. They are perfect for those small Pedaltrains. I use a DC5 with a Metro 20 and it is perfect for that board so you can scale up if you ever need to.
greyscales

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby MechaGodzilla » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:07 am

I think the dc5 fits underneath all the small PTs but the adam might not?
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby odontophobia » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:07 am

Muff_Diver wrote:
neonblack wrote:Can anyone recommend a good replacement bridge pickup for a jazzmaster? I have a classic player. The guy I got it from replaced the neck with an AVRI pickup. Should I do the same for the bridge? The stock bridge pickup has no balls whatsoever. It's all thin and trebly. I need some chunk! Obviously a blk tri LITS is the answer but it's not available, and I'd love not spending 100+ dollars on it.

Novak JM Fat is perfect for that. Costs $12 more than a BLK TRI.

There’s a dude on Reverb who goes by Buddha custom pickups. He will hand wind something for you. I think I paid $88 for a set last year. He was really good about chatting with me about what I was looking for so you can probably get off pretty affordably for a matched set. Then destroy the covers at your leisure
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby neonblack » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:11 am

Oh yeah, you told me about that guy when I was going to fix up my old jag. Definitely need to hit him up soon. Had practice last night and I couldn't get over how puny it sounded. Especially next to my fairly hot neck pickup. It's hard to find an eq setting that works for both, even messing with my guitars tone and volume. But also I'm playing faster, kinda complicated stuff. I don't really want to mess with vol/tone while I'm playing. It's hard enough just to switch pickups without fucking up my riffs
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:52 am

I find a good bridge pickup to be the most important thing in my rig. Period. If it's not coming out of the guitar hot, there isn't much you're going to be able to do to make it sound right/good before the speakers. I have never bought custom pickups before, it's not that I don't think that's a good idea, it's just that big name pickups are just so good now for cheap. I have a 500T in my Les Paul and I swear it's the best all around "heavy music" pickup.. plus it actually has tone (muh toanz!!) And I can rip out some country picking and bends with it all day. I jettisoned the EMG's and haven't looked back. My SG has burstbuckers in it, yes I like Gibson pickups, and they sound fantastic as well. I really dig Dimarzios too, lots of those all around in my Ibanez guitars.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby blakestree » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:13 am

BetterOffShred wrote:
blakestree wrote:Any alternatives to a DS-1 I should be considering?

There's so many devices I prefer that it's hard to really say, and I don't k ow what you're playing through or what sound you're going for. I've been enjoying my Black Forest a lot lately, Boneshaker, MXR custom badass.. there's just a ton of great OD/distortions that really cover you there.

That being said, for how much cheese the DS-1 goes for, there's not much in that price point. Though I feel the Boneshaker is more pleasing in every aspect, though a little different.

Yeah, I felt the question was rather vague when I asked it... This pedal would mostly be used with a P90-Mig 50-2XV30 rig. I have a few overdrives and a few fuzz pedals. So, I'd like something that epitomizes "distortion pedal". My first thought was an HM-2. But, really, they do sound like shit, don't they? I know a RAT is probably my best choice. But, I'm put off when I hear "it really is just a fuzz box". I thought about the Boneshaker. But, thought maybe it's not right for me since I rarely even downtune. Sure, I like the cheapness of the DS-1, but I'm not adverse to spending more.
While leaves shall fall, do branches intertwine, that we remain bound.

Blake's Tree
blakestree

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby D.o.S. » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:29 am

Rats are ducking rad
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby neonblack » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:32 am

Boneshaker is useful no matter how you tune.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby actual » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:34 am

Fat Sandwich bruh

Mixing and mastering? Makeshift Audio
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby BetterOffShred » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:11 pm

neonblack wrote:Boneshaker is useful no matter how you tune.

This.

Dude get one, dirt cheap and it sounds slay. I love it honestly. People are probably sick of me ranting on and on about it, but fuck man, they just give it away for what it does. And if you need a boost that's cool. I find it has plenty of volume.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby repoman » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:25 pm

The Fender AVRI Jag and JM pickups are incredible sounding pickups for any price range imo. Someone did a really comprehensive JM pickup comparison on offsetguitars.com where he swapped out probably 15 different boutique JM pickups (SD, Lollar, Novak, etc) and imo the AVRI ones sounded just as good as some of the high end ones. I've had a couple sets of both Jag and JM AVRIs in various guitars and they are just really really good sounding pickups.
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby neonblack » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:42 pm

So it turns out, I thought dude replaced the neck pickup, but he replaced the bridge. I have no idea what he replaced it with (or why) but that explains why the neck sounds so huge. I definitely need something hotter. Im leaning towards the quarter pounder honestly
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby vallaton » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 pm

blakestree wrote:My first thought was an HM-2. But, really, they do sound like shit, don't they?
wait, what?

no.
vallaton

committed
committed

Postby vallaton » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:13 pm

there was a cyber monday thingy with novak, 10% off and a free international shipping. if only i'd had the money i would've splurged on a bridge for the EB-3 and a bridge for the warren ellis. it wasn't meant to be this time, but i will get them one day. love the bisonic/darkstar i already have.
vallaton

committed
committed

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear