The Whatever Thread .. For Gear!!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Whatever Thread .. For Gear!!

Postby MechaGodzilla » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:33 am

is the AT2020 mic good enough to do rough demos with, or is there something much better for slightly more money?
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Gone Fission » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:49 pm

Finally getting serious about upgrading from a One Spot daisy chain and the odd separate supply to an isolated power brick. My board is 17” x 12.5”, so maybe 10 pedals at the outside, but typically 7 if the PitchFactor is involved, which is often. I have some 18v and a 12v along with all the 9v, and I could easily have half the board drawing above 150 mA. Allowing that I could have to do a little daisy chaining with 8 or more, I’m still settling in towards the Cioks DC-7 because of its voltage flexibility and current capacity.

Is there a something else I should be considering instead?
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Blackened Soul » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:16 pm

Gone Fission wrote:Finally getting serious about upgrading from a One Spot daisy chain and the odd separate supply to an isolated power brick. My board is 17” x 12.5”, so maybe 10 pedals at the outside, but typically 7 if the PitchFactor is involved, which is often. I have some 18v and a 12v along with all the 9v, and I could easily have half the board drawing above 150 mA. Allowing that I could have to do a little daisy chaining with 8 or more, I’m still settling in towards the Cioks DC-7 because of its voltage flexibility and current capacity.

:idk: I ordered 2nd voodoo pedal power plus 2 today [this is my 2nd or 3rd of these, I like them] I've been using a 1spot on the new board I've been mucking with and the noise issue is a issue.. I'm having to use a battery in my boost because the the noise from the 1spot...
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby K2000 » Sat May 02, 2020 3:41 am

I'm gassing for a Demo Tape fuzz, and kicking myself for not buying used ones that were selling at half price.

I don't want a clone. I want that exact fuzz. I think cloners can take liberties ("close enough") sometimes.

There's a demo (LOL) of the Demo Tape where it's being played through an amp, and also a direct recording (no amp, I guess just a good interface into a computer). The direct input sound is amazing (at least on that demo), better than the sound through an amp (which is a little blurry in comparison). Direct input, it sounds like Fu Manchu "In Search Of..." fuzz, which is raw and urgent AF.

TL;DR - Demo Tape fuzz seems like a killer fuzz for home recording, direct input. Yes?
K2000

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Dowi » Sat May 02, 2020 5:05 pm

Gone Fission wrote:Finally getting serious about upgrading from a One Spot daisy chain and the odd separate supply to an isolated power brick. My board is 17” x 12.5”, so maybe 10 pedals at the outside, but typically 7 if the PitchFactor is involved, which is often. I have some 18v and a 12v along with all the 9v, and I could easily have half the board drawing above 150 mA. Allowing that I could have to do a little daisy chaining with 8 or more, I’m still settling in towards the Cioks DC-7 because of its voltage flexibility and current capacity.

I wrote a post here (http://ilovefuzz.com/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=11555&start=44760#p1380925 just a couple days ago about the true tone 1spot Cs12 brick, so I definitely recommend it. Otherwise the DC7 seems a good choice, even more now that it's expandable with the CIOKS 4 or 8.
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Gone Fission » Sat May 02, 2020 9:13 pm

Dowi wrote:I wrote a post here (http://ilovefuzz.com/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=11555&start=44760#p1380925 just a couple days ago about the true tone 1spot Cs12 brick, so I definitely recommend it. Otherwise the DC7 seems a good choice, even more now that it's expandable with the CIOKS 4 or 8.

I saw that thread, and I had looked hard at the CS supplies. I could make a CS12 work and save some money. I could maybe even get by with a CS6. But I do like the 4/8 expansion options because I do think of adding a board (or more) with just one cord to wall AC. The whole point is simplifying the cables and connections, right?
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dowi » Sun May 03, 2020 2:08 am

Totally understand you. I was thinking about changing power supply because I don't want more than 1 power cable around, but then I powered 19 pedals with the 1spot and I thought: am i really gonna need more than this? 19 is already too much. :idk:

That being said, if you have a good amount of digital pedals, I ll go with the Cioks option. :thumb:
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Gone Fission » Sun May 03, 2020 10:16 am

Dowi wrote:That being said, if you have a good amount of digital pedals, I ll go with the Cioks option. :thumb:

Have and keep wanting to have more. Focusing on a power supply first is like eating the lima beans before getting desert. It’s been a solid reason to pedge on some stuff I was really close on. For example, I passed on a steal on an Eventide Rose in part because of its current requirements.
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Blackened Soul » Sun May 03, 2020 12:37 pm

Gone Fission wrote:
Dowi wrote:That being said, if you have a good amount of digital pedals, I ll go with the Cioks option. :thumb:

Have and keep wanting to have more. Focusing on a power supply first is like eating the lima beans before getting desert. It’s been a solid reason to pedge on some stuff I was really close on. For example, I passed on a steal on an Eventide Rose in part because of its current requirements.

:idk: i see it more as the spoon to the desert, sure you could try not having the spoon but it would get messy and get all over you shirt.
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dowi » Tue May 05, 2020 1:39 am

Gone Fission wrote:For example, I passed on a steal on an Eventide Rose in part because of its current requirements.

and the other part is because it's the ugliest pedal ever, right? :erm:
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Gone Fission » Tue May 05, 2020 7:40 am

Dowi wrote:
Gone Fission wrote:For example, I passed on a steal on an Eventide Rose in part because of its current requirements.

and the other part is because it's the ugliest pedal ever, right? :erm:

As was established previously when discussing Source Audio SoundBlocks-series pedal and my willingness to use them, I obviously must be blind.

I think it may be possible to remove the faceplate of the Rose for etching or painting. :idk:
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

OfferUp deal questions. What do you guys think?

Postby Piecutter » Sun May 10, 2020 7:58 pm

I found these two on OfferUp

https://offerup.co/hk4C5TP1n6
It’s nothing special but maybe it’s ok to invest to sell later?
Says it has a hum. What do you guys think it is? Also is that a good price. It’s tube.

https://offerup.co/NQ2h0dD2n6
It’s a white grape sparkle Yamaha drum set. Said he’d go down to 500. What do you guys think. He said he spent almost 2000 on it. I’m not a drummer so I’m not sure.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Piecutter

involved
involved

Postby K2000 » Thu May 14, 2020 2:00 pm

Are there any filter pedals that have a random or semi- random function? (fake random is okay)

I want like an auto-wah I guess, but with less predictability.
K2000

Supporter
Supporter

Postby tremolo3 » Thu May 14, 2020 2:09 pm

Zoom MS70/MS50
Eventide Pitchfactor/H9
Boss DD500/MD500
Any filter pedal with exp input + EHX 8step
John wrote:"guys play quiet, listen to my small costly device."

PumpkinPieces wrote:Fer shoogaze

tuffteef wrote:all you need is a big muff and feelings
tremolo3

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Inconuucl » Thu May 14, 2020 2:12 pm

Doesn't the EQD filter do that too? I forget.
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear