The Whatever Thread .. For Gear!!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Whatever Thread .. For Gear!!

Postby $harkToootth » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:31 pm

Whoops, I'm retarded. Wrong model. This is more my speed :lol:
https://reverb.com/item/6421942-ibanez-rg8-white
There was an 8 String base in my local craigslist for nothing a couple of months ago...and I regret not picking it up EVERY DAY!!!
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:09 pm

Yeah it's cool. I was going to buy an RG8 like 2 years ago but my ex wife lost her shit, and then I got a divorce. So now I buy whatever I want.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:25 am

anyone besides nora tried or own a skychord cloudbuster? jammin this morning fallin in love with it allover...would be nice if I could do a decent demo but I either lock up once record hits or cant show play talk at same time....the buster is smooth consonance tumbling into lofi dissonance, sequencer lfo gets all nice and bubble gooey time glide induces space madness UGH!OHGH!(splooge)
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ugly Nora » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:46 am

IIRC, uncle Bob and sonidero have them.
Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby actual » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:54 am

Ugly Nora wrote:uncle Bob

WHERE IS HE
Mixing and mastering? Makeshift Audio
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Kacey Y » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:58 am

I'm considering a massive guitar and bass related gear purge. Not much in the way of pedals, just stripping my instrument/amp/cab inventory down to what I would never want to sell (or would be worth more to keep than sell) and not worry too much about future gigs, since I haven't played a gig in 5 years anyway. I need to buy a used car, so my wife and kids don't need to wake up by 6am every day to drop me off at work and come back to pick me up. She doesn't work, but my oldest started school recently, so it's way less practical to share a car now and I have a basement full of gear, of which I only use about 1/4 with any kind of regularity.

I feel like everyone is trying to talk me out of this, any apartment dwellers got my back?
Appalachian Queer Punk Moms Local 138
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Ugly Nora » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:02 pm

actualidiot wrote:
Ugly Nora wrote:uncle Bob

WHERE IS HE

This will be made abundantly clear to you when the time is right, and not a moment before.
Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby actual » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:03 pm

No now
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby $harkToootth » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:05 pm

Corey Y wrote:I'm considering a massive guitar and bass related gear purge. Not much in the way of pedals, just stripping my instrument/amp/cab inventory down to what I would never want to sell (or would be worth more to keep than sell) and not worry too much about future gigs, since I haven't played a gig in 5 years anyway. I need to buy a used car, so my wife and kids don't need to wake up by 6am every day to drop me off at work and come back to pick me up. She doesn't work, but my oldest started school recently, so it's way less practical to share a car now and I have a basement full of gear, of which I only use about 1/4 with any kind of regularity.

I feel like everyone is trying to talk me out of this, any apartment dwellers got my back?

You're going to hate me for this...

NEVER SELL ANYTHING EVER!!!

Amps and instruments are the two things I don't have a surplus of though. Pedals is another story.

EDIT: You have kids never mind. Disregard my ample stupidity.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:10 pm

smogs on a whole other level now, we are like the buzzing of flys to him.
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Kacey Y » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:46 pm

$harkToootth wrote:You're going to hate me for this...

NEVER SELL ANYTHING EVER!!!

Amps and instruments are the two things I don't have a surplus of though. Pedals is another story.

EDIT: You have kids never mind. Disregard my ample stupidity.

I've sold probably 3/4 of the gear I had over the past 4 years. What I currently have was my "pared down" collection, especially guitar. I sold about several 4x12s, a custom 6x12, multiple tube and solid state heads, multiple Gibson and Fender guitars. I had a really nice Ludwig drum kit with good cymbals. All that stuff went to pay bills after my wife stopped working and before we sold our old house in California. We own our house here in Ohio, which is a nice safety net to have at least.

For reference, here's what I have currently:

Guitars:
*Gibson SG Standard (81)
Gretsch Black Pheonix
Squier VM Jaguar
*Carvin Bolt Plus (setup for B standard tuning)
Ibanez GRG121DX (that I bought for $80 like new and put locking tuners, Avedissian pickups and upgraded electronics/knobs in. The upgrades are probably worth 4x the guitar, but I had them all lying around)

Basses:
Drake Custom Model 4
*DIY/Parts P Bass (I made the body, Mighty Might neck, Dimarzio pickup, Emerson electronics, Fender hw/pickguard)
*Carvin PB4 (setup for B standard)

Amps:
*Dunwich Amplification Mr. Grumpy (custom 300W tube head, modified Matamp style preamp, with Ampeg style mid controls, Marshall/Traynor style PI, Hiwatt 400 style power amp/transformers)
Frugal Amps 50W Showman (the standard channel side brownface Showman circuit, with some modified tone stack controls, stays clean forever, massive low end)
*GK MB800
Randall ES100 (that I got for $20 and works perfectly)

Cabs:
*Ampeg 810e
Greenboy Dually 2x15 (800W I think, super light, super loud, super cab)
Egnater 1x12 w/ Eminence Swamp Thang
*DIY 1x10 ported bass cab w/ Eminence Basslite

* = what I was planning to keep and would buy a 2x12, probably with another Swamp Thang and maybe a Wizard or Governor or something in it, for variety.

I haven't been in a band that regularly practices in probably 3-4 years, haven't played a gig in 5 years, haven't been in a full time band that gigs regularly in about 9 years. I'd like to sell enough stuff to put a down payment on a used car that's less than 5 years old, with fewer than 50K miles and have a $100/mo payment or less. If I came out ahead of my bottom dollar estimate, I might consider buying a used MIM Tele or Strat to round things out or buy a cheap drum kit again. I also need to do a minimum amount of finishing in our basement, so I can play down there without blowing the roof off upstairs, but I was planning on spending that money before my wife expressed that sharing a car was getting overwhelming. She took that back, but I know it's just because she's trying to be nice. She has never given me a hard time about buying gear ever, because we've always paid the bills and we have ZERO debt now. I just stress out about money and having enough savings, always.
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby frodog » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:20 pm

Waiting to hear back from a dude still deciding if he really wants to part with his CT5 (for a very good price). I had given up on acquiring one but now the GAS is back.
frodog

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby tremolo3 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:41 pm

I wish I could move to Poland and start a band with you, Corey Y. I'll bring my YBA-1.

That PV stuff in your sig sounds fucking awesome btw, but I think I've said that before.
John wrote:"guys play quiet, listen to my small costly device."

PumpkinPieces wrote:Fer shoogaze

tuffteef wrote:all you need is a big muff and feelings
tremolo3

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Kacey Y » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:45 pm

tremolo3 wrote:I wish I could move to Poland and start a band with you, Corey Y. I'll bring my YBA-1.

That PV stuff in your sig sounds fucking awesome btw, but I think I've said that before.

Thanks, I had a lot of fun doing those. I tried to do more, but my writing/recording partner kind of lost interest and he's back in my home town now. We could totally do an online collaboration, but he's seemingly just not into doing it and has his own personal projects going on now. I can't seem to get enough inspiration to record anything of substance on my own lately. Been trying to find a band here, but haven't had much luck so far. I'm also just kind of a nerdy fat dad now, but I only like playing cool guy music haha. So I don't think my style and demeanor meshes with most musicians anymore.
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby actual » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:09 pm

Albini is selling three mics used on In Utero, whatever that is

actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext