Oscillating fuzz dojo - The Atrocity Exhibition

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Oscillating fuzz dojo - The Atrocity Exhibition

Postby repoman » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:40 pm

Is that the one with the people stuck in the diner trying to figure out which one is the alien?
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:45 pm

Yes.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby $harkToootth » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:24 pm

It's also the one that inspired my favorite RUSH song opening riff.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:37 pm

What if Alex had played those harmony leads through a noise swash? What if classic rock radio had "The Swash Are Back in Town" or "Carry On My Wayward Swash" on infinite playlist repeat?
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:12 pm

All great questions. When I lucid dream tonight, I will tap into the meta-verse for answers.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:09 pm

:lol: :zen:

"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Eivind August » Wed May 23, 2018 8:51 am

Lo, fellow oscillians, I have meditated, and pose thee a question:

This may come as no surprise to the elders, but as I have received the bliss of oscillation, I have become yet more content, and am now faced with a choice. Thou seest, as I focus on creating music, two pieces of the triforce sadly often lay untouched. Yes, the 86 and 87, cool as they are, just don't end up in rotation. I am not a collector, so now I am wondering whether, having finished my quest, I should wipe out the progress and start anew (selling the 86 and 87 to actual collectors, instead of owning them just to... own them). They are fine machines, and the concept of the triforce is most fun indeed, but I can't shake the idea that someone might have more fun with them than me (and give me the sweet fruit of money in exchange for them). What sayest thee? Is it time to take the final step of zen?
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby UglyCasanova » Wed May 23, 2018 11:10 am

I say, let me try them first. :cool:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Paul_C » Wed May 23, 2018 11:33 am

Sometimes the chase is the fun, and once the chase is done the adventure is complete.

If you don't feel the need to keep them, let them free.

Or lend them to UC first ;)
Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Wed May 23, 2018 1:07 pm

Eivind August wrote:Lo, fellow oscillians, I have meditated, and pose thee a question:

This may come as no surprise to the elders, but as I have received the bliss of oscillation, I have become yet more content, and am now faced with a choice. Thou seest, as I focus on creating music, two pieces of the triforce sadly often lay untouched. Yes, the 86 and 87, cool as they are, just don't end up in rotation. I am not a collector, so now I am wondering whether, having finished my quest, I should wipe out the progress and start anew (selling the 86 and 87 to actual collectors, instead of owning them just to... own them). They are fine machines, and the concept of the triforce is most fun indeed, but I can't shake the idea that someone might have more fun with them than me (and give me the sweet fruit of money in exchange for them). What sayest thee? Is it time to take the final step of zen?

z e n
n e z
e z n
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby sylnau » Wed May 23, 2018 2:37 pm

minimalist is the way to go!
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ancientbones » Wed May 23, 2018 9:46 pm

Sensei, I am requesting guidance. I am looking for a fuzz that snarls and likes boosts, but doesn’t have a ton of knobs. I’m a minimalist at heart.

I could score a fuzz factory clone for cheap, but I’m leaning towards a Sonic Shroom because I’ve always wanted to give a Fuzzhugger pedal a shot.

Am I on the right path or is there a hidden way I cannot see?
ancientbones

committed
committed

Postby Eivind August » Thu May 24, 2018 4:43 pm

ancientbones wrote:Sensei, I am requesting guidance. I am looking for a fuzz that snarls and likes boosts, but doesn’t have a ton of knobs. I’m a minimalist at heart.

I could score a fuzz factory clone for cheap, but I’m leaning towards a Sonic Shroom because I’ve always wanted to give a Fuzzhugger pedal a shot.

Pedals before oscillating fuzzes might cause problems with oscillations, especially with your volume/tone knob interaction. Don't know about boosts, though. If you put it after, it shouldn't cause any problems. Experimentation is always the answer.

Anyway, yung ancient bone person, the Sonic Shroom and Fuzz Factory are very different beasts. If you want something in the FF-vein, I know Mellowtone just put the remainder of his Wolf Computers up on reverb. Might be worth a shot, they are superior to FFs in my ears. If you want fat and synthy, the Sonic Shroom is better, just not something I usually would describe as snarl-like. It would also let you turn oscillation on/off with a separate footswitch, which is always handy. Another option might be the Fuzzhugger Suneater with added oscillation (Tom does stuff like that if you ask nicely and he has time). That would be a fairly minimalist pedal, but with loads of noisy capabilities.

The hidden path was always within reach, you just did not let your mind travel there.
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby ancientbones » Thu May 24, 2018 9:02 pm

Eivind August wrote:
ancientbones wrote:Sensei, I am requesting guidance. I am looking for a fuzz that snarls and likes boosts, but doesn’t have a ton of knobs. I’m a minimalist at heart.

Pedals before oscillating fuzzes might cause problems with oscillations, especially with your volume/tone knob interaction. Don't know about boosts, though. If you put it after, it shouldn't cause any problems. Experimentation is always the answer.

Anyway, yung ancient bone person, the Sonic Shroom and Fuzz Factory are very different beasts. If you want something in the FF-vein, I know Mellowtone just put the remainder of his Wolf Computers up on reverb. Might be worth a shot, they are superior to FFs in my ears. If you want fat and synthy, the Sonic Shroom is better, just not something I usually would describe as snarl-like. It would also let you turn oscillation on/off with a separate footswitch, which is always handy. Another option might be the Fuzzhugger Suneater with added oscillation (Tom does stuff like that if you ask nicely and he has time). That would be a fairly minimalist pedal, but with loads of noisy capabilities.

The hidden path was always within reach, you just did not let your mind travel there.

The wolf cpu seems really 8-bit sounding. I use a lot of chords so I'm not sure how that'll work out. I guess ideally I'm after that trashy 60's fuzz sound with some oscillations. Fuzzhugger Suneater looks interesting. I was looking into the Arc Flash as well. The LAL Super Oscillo 88 seems really cool too but damn are they expensive :(. It seems very 60's fuzz sounding though.
ancientbones

committed
committed

Postby BetterOffShred » Thu May 24, 2018 9:57 pm

I have a wolf computer clone and it's capable of a lot of sounds, but yeah not really spitty. I have a Suneater and it definitely fits the bill. It's pretty raucous. I have not boosted mine either before or after, but I have goosed it with the magic meter and it likes that .. so I'd probably assume it's going to handle boosts of a cleaner nature (I used the magic switch + volume).

It's a great pedal. Buzzaround clone may fit the bill too. Maybe peep a YouTube video or two. .. Maybe this should have been in the other thread.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear