Oscillating fuzz dojo - The Atrocity Exhibition

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Oscillating fuzz dojo - The Atrocity Exhibition

Postby Eivind August » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:23 pm

Oh hey, look, it's another demo thread. :hello:

I don't buy alot of different pedals, but there is one very specific (yet vastly different) group of fuzz that I do buy a fair share of - the oscillating variety. So I decided that I should do demos of a bunch of them, following my quest for trve oscillation bliss. Hopefully these clips will be a resource for players uncertain of which oscillating beast best fits their needs.

Here is a playlist that I will update as new demos emerge: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... W4wDgJqmAe
Last edited by Eivind August on Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 am, edited 51 times in total.
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Re: Oscillating fuzz demos - The Atrocity Exhibition

Postby Eivind August » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:29 pm

Fuzzhugger Thujone Extract

Does pretty much all of the stuff the AB-Synth does, but with an added random bleep generator making for more unique, glitchy and stuttery oscillations. Oscillation switch is momentary, which makes it great for timed bursts of noise. The "normal" fuzz is great - meaty and well defined, letting chords shine through and single notes stand out. Taking the fuzz knob past 10 o' clock gives some interesting decay, and past 3 it gets downright nasty.

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby Eivind August » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:34 pm

Fuzzhugger Suneater Oscillator

Low gain textured fuzz or sixties garage mayhem. Glitchy octaves, weird sputters of velcroish toast death. Some of the oscillating sounds can be similar to those of the Wolf Computer, i.e. synth like and video gamey. Very controllable, yet often harsh oscillations which fits the general feel of the pedal. Also, dolphins reside within its metal casing.

Deals:
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby onyxrhino » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:51 pm

Cool idea. I love oscillating fuzz. I also love JG Ballard. I'll be keeping a close eye on this thread.
onyxrhino

experienced
experienced

Postby goroth » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:14 am

Great idea!!

Even though I thought this thread would be covers of crappy latter day Exodus tunes.

I'll have to put together a Norwegian tourbox for you and UC. And include a 4545.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby UglyCasanova » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:24 am

Please do, goroth!

I'll need to fiddle with that Suneater, EA! So yummy in ma tummy! The Dwarfcraft Secret Destroyer will be up and running for you soon. You can always ask hypnodrone what pedals you might borrow from him, too. I know he makes a lot of oscillating stuff (and that he has a supersonic fuzz gun).
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Eivind August » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:15 am

Great, you guys. The more stuff I can borrow, the less stuff I need to buy, and the sooner you get new demos. :!!!:

I've already had the 4545, Great Destroyer and Fuzz Factory, but flipped them all long before I realized I could make demos of stuff. :no:

Anyway, the She Fuzz demo should be done today. Great pedal, wild noise.

Deals:
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby sylnau » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:16 am

:!!!: :yay:
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Eivind August » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:08 pm

As promised:

Dwarfcraft She Fuzz

I think I've often used the word harsh to describe this, which is pretty spot on. It's only half the story though. This legendary creature also excels at fat, synthy leads, with some suboctaves that are cray cray in a good way. The oscillations are less controllable, but sounds great and seem to work differently than a lot of other oscillating fuzz machines; they are less defined notes, more like white noise. Loves being fed delays. Also, this fuzz has plenty of gain when need be. And it's a motherfucking dragon, hey.

Deals:
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby KaosCill8r » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:41 pm

Eivind August wrote:As promised:

Dwarfcraft She Fuzz

I think I've often used the word harsh to describe this, which is pretty spot on. It's only half the story though. This legendary creature also excels at fat, synthy leads, with some suboctaves that are cray cray in a good way. The oscillations are less controllable, but sounds great and seem to work differently than a lot of other oscillating fuzz machines; they are less defined notes, more like white noise. Loves being fed delays. Also, this fuzz has plenty of gain when need be. And it's a motherfucking dragon, hey.

That pedal should of been called "Come back and fight you bastard, it's only a flesh wound fuzz"
The demos sound awesome dude. Keep em coming. Love e some oscillation.
KaosCill8r

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Eivind August » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:30 pm

Haha! Thanks, Kaos. "'Tis but a scratch." Damn, I missed an opportunity to do Python-lines. Oh well.

Things are moving along quicker than I had thought, thanks to fellow Norwegian oscillation fanatics. Going to Japan in exactly a month, and will hopefully pick up the the MASFes while I'm there. Who knows, I might be through the list by the end of this year (save the Moduloscillo). :!!!:

Deals:
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby Eivind August » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:49 pm

Death By Audio Supersonic Fuzz Gun

Borrowed this from fellow ILFer Hypnodrone. Great lil' pedal. It has a character of its own, but does a variety of different sounds and textures, specially if you use the vol and tone controls on yer guitar. Does some really nasty sounds, would be great for some old school noise rock. And the filter is great for either reeling in your sound, removing top end and smoothing things out, or getting some sweet, almost cocked wah-like sounds. Hehe, cocked. Also, the graphic on this is pretty cool.

Deals:
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Re: Oscillating fuzz demos - (DBA Supersonic Fuzz Gun)

Postby UglyCasanova » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:31 pm

Laser farts for everyone! :joy: :joy: :joy:

I actually want to play with this here pedal again. I messed with it for a few minutes when Hypnodrone was in ma hizzle, but I never really got a feel for it. I did now, and I want to show it to my neighbour. :)*
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby oscillofuzz » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:18 pm

This thread is relevant to my interests :joy:
The Howl Ensemble - Bandcamp - Facebook - Instagram - Soundcloud -
oscillofuzz

committed
committed

Postby Hypnodrone » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:53 pm

Hey! I had no idea it could do all those sounds. I need more quality time with it ...
Edit: I just realized most of the other videos of this pedal on the interwebz are about how to replicate the intro to "Vertigo" by U2 ... I feel it's tainted now ... Must wash with bleach.
Last edited by Hypnodrone on Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hypnodrone

committed
committed

Next

Return to General Gear