· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
General Gear Discussion - effects, synths, etc.
Post a reply

Re: Setup of the day thread?

Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:19 am

reckon luck wrote:gutted G100-112

:cry:

Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:06 pm

Image (click for full size)

DIRGE vs. DIRGE.

On the right, my new DIRGE RAT, which is post-kids-era DIRGE.

On the left, my combination DIRGE Shin-ei Companion Fuzz + Tap Tempo Tremolo, which is pre-wedding era DIRGE. The Companion Fuzz has a switch that lifts the clipping diodes or something and makes it sound huge and bassy! I always think it sounds like Godzilla snoring.

Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:36 pm

I keep seeing dirge everywhere this week, saw the coolest enclosure for a dba reverb clone I postd in the pink pedal thread by dirge...must be I sign that the fuzz I've been wanting might be a dirge.

Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:59 pm

comesect2.0 wrote:I keep seeing dirge everywhere this week, saw the coolest enclosure for a dba reverb clone I postd in the pink pedal thread by dirge...must be I sign that the fuzz I've been wanting might be a dirge.

That sounds about right!

Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:35 pm

Today's mess:

Forcing myself to keep it small and efficient, lean and mean. One of the Boss dirt peds will have to make room for an analog delay. And I've got to find a way to squeeze in my Ditto X2 somewhere. Won't be easy, even with the power supply underneath the board.

My favorite setting on the octoplus is really close to the sound of the Harmonic Percolator (blue one) when it's dialed in the way I prefer it. The HM-2 doesn't have nearly as much gnarly menacing saturating gain as my Fabtone. It's more usefull for a wide range of sounds, but there's not many dirt sounds I miss with just the FZ2/Clusterfuzz/HP at my feet :idk:

Cool story bro! :hello:

Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:12 pm

This was my setup on my kitchen table over the long weekend

Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:27 pm

I gave this a spin the other day, since both boards got taken apart for cleaning. Continuing the builder themed" boards, here's my Montreal Assembly pedals:

Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:09 am

Ruiner wrote:This was my setup on my kitchen table over the long weekend

Sweet jeebus. What's a guy gotta do to get that custom e&a? I'll buy you a pizza. What's your address and when are you usually out of the house? Wouldn't wanna miss you

Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:14 am

frigid midget wrote:Today's mess:

Forcing myself to keep it small and efficient, lean and mean. One of the Boss dirt peds will have to make room for an analog delay. And I've got to find a way to squeeze in my Ditto X2 somewhere. Won't be easy, even with the power supply underneath the board.

My favorite setting on the octoplus is really close to the sound of the Harmonic Percolator (blue one) when it's dialed in the way I prefer it. The HM-2 doesn't have nearly as much gnarly menacing saturating gain as my Fabtone. It's more usefull for a wide range of sounds, but there's not many dirt sounds I miss with just the FZ2/Clusterfuzz/HP at my feet :idk:

Cool story bro! :hello:

Dude I dig this. I'm sure you'll be able to squeeze in both a delay and the ditto without getting rid of stuff though? You just have to make it a little bit neater haha

Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:27 pm

1.5/mk2 > beano > 45 > hp > vibe > wah > vol > verb > flange > dmm

Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:31 pm

I've been trying this cheap SG special copy that I junior'd+upgraded the pots. Sounds pretty nice, but I'm gonna put a firebird humbucker in there soon.

Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:53 am

Had that Dunwich thing going on the other day. Builder themed boards ftw!

DSC03816.jpg

Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:07 am

Yeah, builder-themed boards provides some fun constraints that I've been playing with lately.

Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:58 pm

Setup of the day:

Mellowtone Micro (Mini? Nano? What were these called?) Wolf CPU into one of those tiny Orange battery-powered amps. Someone on here painted this before I got it with the howling wolf, but I don't remember who and neither do my PMs.

The Wolf CPU gets some great sounds. There’s NES argpeggio decays hiding in there when you starve/bias it right, and it does gated fuzz really well too. Much easier to dial in than the Fuzz Factory clone I have.

I just cranked everything eventually, though, and that works great, too.

Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:12 pm

Love the paint job!
Post a reply