Setup of the day thread?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Setup of the day thread?

Postby BetterOffShred » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:08 pm

Man I hate sounding like a Kloneboi.. but they sound so good. That looks like a real fun time for sure! :!!!:

You ever play the creepy fingers doomdrive?
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby greenmario » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:17 pm

finally got a pt nano+ board, feelin' so clean.
greenmario

involved
involved

Postby MechaGodzilla » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:22 pm

BetterOffShred wrote:Man I hate sounding like a Kloneboi.. but they sound so good. That looks like a real fun time for sure! :!!!:

You ever play the creepy fingers doomdrive?

nooooo but I have been tempted whenever one comes up. I keep telling myself I'm done with buying fuzzes but... there's always something cool to be had.
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby systemofameow » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:32 am

41467991_291607431665076_8817284266292412416_n.jpg
41467991_291607431665076_8817284266292412416_n.jpg (144.59 KiB) Viewed 3945 times

Dirge >> DA-120 >> Carbon Copy >> Phasor >> tuner >> Space Echo >> Disaster Transport

This was loads of fun. I also tried it with the disaster transport and space echo swapped around, and that was even better. Doing that, when I had all three delays on at the same time as the dirge and the dunwich, it made my bends sound like they were howling out of a fucking hell canyon. :lol:

This setup got me a lot of places in terms of where I think I want my sound to be going. Probably going to roll back a lot of the dunwich gain next time and use it for cleaner doom tinged sorta stuff and rely on the dirge for most of the heft. I've been mostly using the disaster transport for weird smearing modulation sounds so I really want to try out a shallow water because I feel like it could fill that role even better. :idk:
systemofameow

committed
committed

Postby BetterOffShred » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:06 am

Sick Phasor man.. That looks like a super fun setup. What kind of speeds do you dial in on the delays ?
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:18 pm

That is rad!!

Personally I found once I got fuzzy that the shallow water got drowned out a lot. It was a little too shallow for me, though it did sound very pretty with quieter cleaner playing.
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby systemofameow » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:08 pm

BetterOffShred wrote:Sick Phasor man.. That looks like a super fun setup. What kind of speeds do you dial in on the delays ?

They're all set fairly fast and close together aside from the longer delay on the disaster transport. Really trying to flex that modulation a bit and let it get those twisty decays in. Running a series of fast delays helps to build up more of a wash. It smears kind of like a reverb but without sounding too much like a reverb.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:That is rad!!

Personally I found once I got fuzzy that the shallow water got drowned out a lot. It was a little too shallow for me, though it did sound very pretty with quieter cleaner playing.

Ahhhh, yeah see I was worried either that would happen or that it would just freak out in an uncool way... I really just wanna add more movement and undulation to my long droning chords without it sounding too linear, I guess? Like, I would describe the phasor as very linear because it always has that up and down motion going on, and I really just want something that'll spice things up differently. Haha, sorry if that's a poor explanation of what I'm going for here.
systemofameow

committed
committed

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:16 pm

No I get what you mean and it's kind of what I wanted out of it. Lol!! It absolutely adds a fun layer of uncertainty to slow playing with quieter clean sounds, but I found it was too subtle as soon as fuzz got involved, it doesn't freak out or anything it just disappeared. YMMV, I know some people like it. If it were cheaper I might have kept it for cleaner stuff but I'm trying to keep things to the essentials.

To do that sort of slightly unpredictable modulation thing now I stack a slow and a faster modulation pedal. Flanger and trem, trem and vibe, flange and vibe... It can liven things up a bit.
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby oldangelmidnight » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:09 pm

coldbrightsunlight wrote:That is rad!!

Ahhhh, yeah see I was worried either that would happen or that it would just freak out in an uncool way... I really just wanna add more movement and undulation to my long droning chords without it sounding too linear, I guess? Like, I would describe the phasor as very linear because it always has that up and down motion going on, and I really just want something that'll spice things up differently. Haha, sorry if that's a poor explanation of what I'm going for here.[/quote]

If you can dig up a Pladask Taken, or even a Copilot Kinkilin, you can get those smearey delays with some alinear undulation. I've also had a Shallow Water and I concur with the above.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ummohyeah » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:03 pm

systemofameow wrote:
41467991_291607431665076_8817284266292412416_n.jpg

Dirge >> DA-120 >> Carbon Copy >> Phasor >> tuner >> Space Echo >> Disaster Transport

This was loads of fun. I also tried it with the disaster transport and space echo swapped around, and that was even better. Doing that, when I had all three delays on at the same time as the dirge and the dunwich, it made my bends sound like they were howling out of a fucking hell canyon. :lol:

This setup got me a lot of places in terms of where I think I want my sound to be going. Probably going to roll back a lot of the dunwich gain next time and use it for cleaner doom tinged sorta stuff and rely on the dirge for most of the heft. I've been mostly using the disaster transport for weird smearing modulation sounds so I really want to try out a shallow water because I feel like it could fill that role even better. :idk:

this is really awesome. i sold my disaster sr and replaced it with an re-20 so i never got to try them together. i still miss the disaster trans sr, i think it's voiced really well, especially the side with reverb. i miss it a lot.
ummohyeah

committed
committed

Postby MechaGodzilla » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:53 am

BetterOffShred wrote:Man I hate sounding like a Kloneboi.. but they sound so good.

i am an unashamed kloneboiiiii and i declare that i love the fredric klone. last night at rehearsal, stacked w/ the fuzzface clone, sounded :love: looking forward to the show tomorrow.
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby BetterOffShred » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:04 pm

MechaGodzilla wrote:
BetterOffShred wrote:Man I hate sounding like a Kloneboi.. but they sound so good.

i am an unashamed kloneboiiiii and i declare that i love the fredric klone. last night at rehearsal, stacked w/ the fuzzface clone, sounded :love: looking forward to the show tomorrow.

Yeah man it's pretty disgusting how it bumps pretty much anything to glory. :idk: it's just a good ducking device. I built my own Klone and used some rad Russian magic diodes Jero sent me, it's pretty amaze-sauce. I also did the bass knob mod, so you can dial it out to just bump the upper mids and highs. Straight shred.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:48 am

Magic meter -> Sun Eater -> Abductor 2 delay -> Beloved Rebote2.5 -> Reverberation Machine-> MF flange -> PDS -> Lunar Tide trem (7 knob lune) -> jamman solo XT Looper-> amp .. :!!!:

Very cool setup for the spacey feels .. not Kevin Spacey "feels"...

Yeah the sun eater takes bump from the meter pretty fantastic. The meter can really move the EQ around, then into the Abductor.. which is 4 delays in one though with fuzz I only run 1 or 2 up usually, and then the modulation (purple knobs) just set for a light tape warble.. low level low feedback quick time on the rebote and then some reverb. Not really using the flange with the setup tonight, but I leave it on the table because it's so good. Then the PDS to capture loops and the tide chops them for samples into the jamman solo.. It's still a work in progress, but I'm getting great washes and the delayed volume swells are lush AF :love:

My partner is such a trooper. She just chills and deals with the madness hehe.
Attachments
20180914_224023-800x600.jpg
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MechaGodzilla » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:29 am

BetterOffShred wrote:
MechaGodzilla wrote:

Yeah man it's pretty disgusting how it bumps pretty much anything to glory. :idk: it's just a good ducking device. I built my own Klone and used some rad Russian magic diodes Jero sent me, it's pretty amaze-sauce. I also did the bass knob mod, so you can dial it out to just bump the upper mids and highs. Straight shred.

That sounds mega useful and if you felt like building another... I'd be into it!!!!
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby BoatRich » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:13 am

I really want to try a Klone because they seem to fix everything I don’t like about TS type boosts but I’m not trying to pay for an Archer or something. How easy are they to build?
BoatRich

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear