Setup of the day thread?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Setup of the day thread?

Postby odontophobia » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:36 pm

Jwar wrote:
oldangelmidnight wrote:I put a Gonkulator in the effects loop of a Rubberneck and now I'm probably just going to throw away all my other pedals.

Damn it! I wish I wouldn't have got rid of my Gonk seeing this! Can you post clips??

That feel when you get rid of a pedal you got for dirt cheap and then you want to do weird stuff with it.

Feel you dude.

Gotta wire up a ring mod on the Axoloti to mimic this.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby codetocontra » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:48 pm

ognoy wrote:Image

We played this doom festival last night, and the bass player couldn't make the gig, so I played through both these amps to make up for that. Was super rad!
EGC Baritone > Rat > EP-Booster > split:
1: Pladask Form(Texture reverb) > Orange Thunderverb/412
2: Modded Boss ODB-3 > Verellen Meatsmoke/810

EGC Tele? check
Rat? check
Loud ass tube amps? check...
We are basically the same person, different continent.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Heraclitus Akimbo » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:02 pm

Played a short improvised set last night... I had mics on a tenor sax + piano and did manipulations on 'em.

solo (mostly ambient): https://heraclitusakimbo.bandcamp.com/
duo (electroacoustic vibration exploration): https://wenderlypark.bandcamp.com/
trio (tapes/voice/clarinet/synth/poems): https://ourwaytofall.bandcamp.com/
band (spontaneous kosmische): https://stargoon.bandcamp.com/

I also help co-ordinate Okta, ILF's collaborative community ambient project: https://okta.bandcamp.com
Heraclitus Akimbo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby JTurbide » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:40 pm

Nothing crazy here fx-wise but I received this Lexicon LXP15 and messed with it going through both stacks here (Ampeg V2 into Sunn 1x15 and Earth into Sound City 4x10)
I also tried with a cheap russian made one knob fuzz (Zephyr fx), shit was mental.
I don't think my neighbors appreciated :joy: :excellent:
JTurbide

experienced
experienced

Postby Dowi » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:23 am

Heraclitus Akimbo wrote:Played a short improvised set last night... I had mics on a tenor sax + piano and did manipulations on 'em.

Love the Monotron plugged in all that stuff, should be fun to play with!
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Dowi » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:42 am

I have a new personal workstation in the office and plenty of spare time during lunchtime, so today i finally managed to setup a mini-rig to play a bit with headphones on and move the amp under the desk during the rest of the day.

Don't think i'm gonna bring here the board so often, but at least i can play more (and maybe test new pedals as soon as they arrive here), which is one of my goals for 2019.

:joy:
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby BetterOffShred » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:11 am

Magic meter --> Suneater --> moog flange --> dream time 2399 delay with modulation--> rainbow machine --> tremulous lune..

Pretty rad stuff here, lots of gain but cleans up nice and has that "Neil Young guitar from Dead Man" sound to it .. Fuck yeah. Then nicely delayed with some slow modulation and a very gentle trem with nearly no depth. Clutch.

Now that the Crochambeau tour box has departed I have to fill these voids in my life .. :love:
Attachments
20190208_220642_crop_787x448.jpg
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dowi » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:10 am

BetterOffShred wrote:Magic meter --> Suneater --> moog flange --> dream time 2399 delay with modulation--> rainbow machine --> tremulous lune..

Pretty rad stuff here, lots of gain but cleans up nice and has that "Neil Young guitar from Dead Man" sound to it .. Fuck yeah. Then nicely delayed with some slow modulation and a very gentle trem with nearly no depth. Clutch.

Now that the Crochambeau tour box has departed I have to fill these voids in my life .. :love:

Cool setup! even if I don't know half of the stuff you have, the "has that Neil Young guitar from Dead Man sound" made it even cooler.
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby JM Charcot » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:21 am

Mini pedalboard under construction for live acts where I don't want to end up bringing too much material.
Will consist of Organelle or Drone Boxes (here the Tataki Drone6) -> EHX SuperEgo -> Caline Pressure Tank (Diamond com clone) -> Smallsound/Bigsound Fuck -> Moog MF Trem -> EHX Memory Boy -> Caline Pure Sky (Timmy clone).
Last edited by JM Charcot on Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JM Charcot

committed
committed

Postby ognoy » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:46 pm

Kinda finished this electric zither/dulcimer-ish thing that I started building about 1.5 year ago.
Still needs more strings. Don't have my board at home, so was running it into Logic and the Waves H-Delay-plugin.
Great fun!
OGNOY/solo(ambient/noise/drones)https://ognoy.bandcamp.com/
Solstorm(doom/postmetal) https://solstormdoom.bandcamp.com/
ognoy

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Sun May 12, 2019 9:26 pm

88-> magic meter-> sound saw -> delays and rainbow machine in loop of Rubberneck... :joy:

Lots of fun
Attachments
20190512_182749-800x450.jpg
Last edited by BetterOffShred on Mon May 13, 2019 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby codetocontra » Sun May 12, 2019 11:48 pm

Gonna need clips of that noise.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Achtane » Sun May 12, 2019 11:52 pm

Kinda finished this electric zither/dulcimer-ish thing that I started building about 1.5 year ago.
Still needs more strings. Don't have my board at home, so was running it into Logic and the Waves H-Delay-plugin.
Great fun!

This looks great, take a little video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby systemofameow » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:08 pm

Been experimenting with using low and high gain channels lately, here's what I was using the other night.

black acid > freaker wah > vibe > tuner > phasor > space echo > aby > ditto > amp

I have both outputs of the aby box running into the stereo inputs of the ditto, then each output of the ditto going into a different channel of the amp. This allows me to set up and maintain clean AND high gain loops on either side of the ditto. I call this method "How to Turn One Ditto Into Two Dittos" or "True Stereo: Our Best Friend." :lol:
systemofameow

committed
committed

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:15 pm

BetterOffShred wrote:Magic meter --> Suneater --> moog flange --> dream time 2399 delay with modulation--> rainbow machine --> tremulous lune..

:love:

Achtane wrote:

Great fun!

This looks great, take a little video!

:snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear