Setup of the day thread?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Setup of the day thread?

Postby larsbars » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:53 pm

Fun setup last night!

SG>tuner>Diamond Comp>EA Iron Pig>EQD Monarch>SS/BS Hawk>CC>EQD Ghost Echo>MF Trem>Ampeg V4B-AV>Sunn 410s

Wyoming Heavy Punkgaze - Old Haunts
https://old-haunts.bandcamp.com/
larsbars

involved
involved

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:36 pm

playing around with a Silvertone 1448 into a Vox ac15, pedals were Decomposer into a ct5 into a Judder into a gb24 into a Heliotrope into a Sonic Crayon. Here is a loop I made to give an idea of what I was up to, pedals are all jumbled up for your viewing pleasure.
Attachments
today.jpg
today.jpg (58.67 KiB) Viewed 6252 times
Last edited by Uncle Grandfather on Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby SecretMachine » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:42 pm

How do you find the Judder?
My band: https://autosleeperband.bandcamp.com/
Influenced by Swervedriver, Sonic Youth, MBV and The Cure.
SecretMachine

committed
committed

Postby Eivind August » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:43 pm

You don't find it. It finds you.

http://www.mwfx.co.uk/product/jdd
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:48 pm

SecretMachine wrote:How do you find the Judder?

there were four for sale on ebay, maybe check there as they were on discount....nos/older design. he also had the tremolo and glitch listed but i think the glitch sold out.
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:12 pm

teisco into smallsound/bigsound TAFM into Heliotrope into Sonic Crayon Vessel's End into VOX AC15.
Attachments
today.jpg
today.jpg (55.52 KiB) Viewed 6238 times
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby skullservant » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:38 pm

Today was fun/kind of irritating.

Forgot my Micro Terror today in the bag that I meant to bring it in, so I had to run through the DI.
Anyways, EGC -> Rangemaster -> Holy Grail -> Volume Pedal -> Fuck -> Quantum Leap.

Quantum Leap sounded good. Swapped out my El Cap for it just to see what it sounded like in the mix, and I dug it. Sounded nice and ambient on the darker delay ramp setting

skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby KaosCill8r » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:07 pm

Uncle Grandfather wrote:teisco into smallsound/bigsound TAFM into Heliotrope into Sonic Crayon Vessel's End into VOX AC15.

Really digging the guitar in the pic. Those old gold foil pickups are awesome. What is it? Is that the guitar you used for the demo? Demo was :thumb:
KaosCill8r

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:47 am

KaosCill8r wrote:
Uncle Grandfather wrote:teisco into smallsound/bigsound TAFM into Heliotrope into Sonic Crayon Vessel's End into VOX AC15.

Really digging the guitar in the pic. Those old gold foil pickups are awesome. What is it? Is that the guitar you used for the demo? Demo was :thumb:

Some old tiesco, yeah it's what I used in demo. It's great player, the neck has a deep V near the nut that smooths out o a nice chunky C shape by the 7th fret. Real comfy player, one of two different gold foil tiesco's I play. I love their sound.
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby finboy » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:09 am

'Dat EGC tho'
Plenty of noise, little discernible skill or talent
finboy

committed
committed

Postby cedarskies » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:50 am

i randomly went to this improvisation club here not knowing what to expect / who would be there, was pretty intimidated based on the caliber of people on the invite list. Just went with a tiny backpack with
Casio SK1 -> GB24 -> CT5 -> fuck -> instant lofi junky -> Pignose amp

When I walked in there was a dude with a MakeNoise modular and another guy who is the master of the MS20 and another guy who is a really good drummer. Was awesome. The GB24 / CT5 had me holding my own with their sonic craziness.

Been trying to narrow down my pedalboard and I'm really liking CT5 -> fuck -> instant junky. Adding in the GB24 felt real good too. I think my final configuration will be GB24 -> fun DIY delay (in development) -> CT5 -> DIY modulating rate trem (in development as well) -> fuck -> instant junky. maybe throw a ditto in the mix there somewhere for when I'm playing solo.
cedarskies

committed
committed

Postby kbit » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:49 pm

That sounds awesome. I gotta find me a spot like that.
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby whoismarykelly » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:54 pm

kbithecrowing wrote:That sounds awesome. I gotta find me a spot like that.

I've always thought it would be cool if there was a curated jam/improv night at Club K every once in a while. Sort of like "Out of your head" at Windup space but for anyone rather than just the music school crowd.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Doctor X » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:55 pm

into those 2 pedals on the floor first, then to the ones on the sofa and stereo out of the cosmi (100% wet) into a pair of the traynors.
i like having the looper at the start so i can leave the chords/arpeggios running and play with the mod knobs and hypnotise myself while watching documentaries ...
Sold to: dan_abnormal (3 times), Abanoise, Kayzer, Ragged Trousers, Schlatte
Bought from: McSpunckle, RitalinCupcake, Tendollarcat, Brobee, Ryan, cedarskies, behndy
Doctor X

experienced
experienced

Postby cedarskies » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:37 pm

whoismarykelly wrote:
kbithecrowing wrote:That sounds awesome. I gotta find me a spot like that.

I've always thought it would be cool if there was a curated jam/improv night at Club K every once in a while. Sort of like "Out of your head" at Windup space but for anyone rather than just the music school crowd.

That's what surprised me so when I got there. The invite list was a bunch of graduated music school guys, mostly jazz and composition I think. But then it was just total bleep fest when I blooped in, and I ended up being the main "notes" guy while I had expected to be the weird textures guy. Most of the music school crowd I've gotten to know around here is real chill and I like it :group:
cedarskies

committed
committed

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear