· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
General Gear Discussion - effects, synths, etc.
Post a reply

Re: The Mu-Tron/Mike Beigel/Mu-FX Thread

Tue May 03, 2016 9:50 am

If that's what he's talkin' about, then, yeah. :lol: :idk:

Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:39 pm

http://mu-fx.com/store/pedals/phasor-2x-sign-up-list/

Phasor 2x? Sounds cool to me...hope they add something like env control to spice it up.

Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:56 pm

With "2X" I automatically thought "Bi-Phase", but I guess the regular phasor has to come first. :lol:

Also, I've said it before, he has a horrible business model. They should probably just get a real business model instead.

Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:00 pm

Kind of want to jump on that....but I just discovered obscure, 10 stage Japanese optical phasers so... :idk:

Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:14 pm

Also kind of bummed about the new enclosure style.
Edit: Wait, scratch that. That photo made it look like the step down was an angled side.
Enclosure is still cool.

Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:34 pm

Chankgeez wrote:With "2X" I automatically thought "Bi-Phase", but I guess the regular phasor has to come first. :lol:

Also, I've said it before, he has a horrible business model. They should probably just get a real business model instead.

Yea, it has gotten worse too...it is like kickstarter almost, but cheesy.

I also hated what they did with the tr-tron 3x recently..."buy it now at an inflated price or else you may never get one....this is to punish you for not buying the first time".

I wish it was the bi-phase too, but I know better than to get my hopes up (since I saw the prophecy sound one at their booth).

Iommic Pope wrote:Also kind of bummed about the new enclosure style.
Edit: Wait, scratch that. That photo made it look like the step down was an angled side.
Enclosure is still cool.

Enclosures look way better in person. That is a funky fisheye lens they used for that photo too.

Japanese effects from the 1980s and late 1970s are some of my favorites.

Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:49 pm

True? Nice.
Well that's appealing.
Don't know if it's enough to make me go in on this pre-preorder scheme, though.

Yeah, they got some rad devices.

Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:04 pm

http://salvationaudio.com/index.php?page=vivider

:snax:

Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:22 pm

Freaking coincidence! I was just playing the divider (eternal thanks!) with the mudlark...those two where made for each other! I was trying to see how the green ringer sounds with the RMA and the whole thing is amazing (and phasor II in there too...i like how that can be dialed down to a subtle filter too).

I don't know about about that vivider though...seems like the green ringer pot is kinda useless and I like the bass only switch ... byoc has a kit now too...might be fun to tinker with that one.

Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:25 pm

Ha, awesome! (You're welcome!) :!!!:

Yeah, I guess the Vivider's been out for a few years, but this's the first I've heard of it. :idk:

Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:00 pm

relatively inexpensive Boostron :idk: :

https://reverb.com/item/2536144-mu-fx-b ... erial-0003

Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:19 pm

http://i2.wp.com/mu-fx.com/wp-content/u ... w_Text.jpg

Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:23 pm

Presets, waveforms, cv, switching options ..... Sounds good to me!

(Thanks Chankgeez!)

Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:38 am

lordgalvar wrote:
Chankgeez wrote:With "2X" I automatically thought "Bi-Phase", but I guess the regular phasor has to come first. :lol:

Yea, it has gotten worse too...it is like kickstarter almost, but cheesy.

I also hated what they did with the tr-tron 3x recently..."buy it now at an inflated price or else you may never get one....this is to punish you for not buying the first time".

Yes. Just manufacture some pedals and figure out what your cost structure needs to be. Don't dick me around and don't dick around with prices. If you need to do limited runs due to supply of rare parts, I am actually cool with that too, but just be honest. This just feels like a money grab.

I'd be happy to give him my money for a new Mutron, but this approach is keepping me on the sidelines, and I may just buy a vintage unit.

Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:30 am

Couldn't agree more Hyphen.
It feels like it's been like that for everything Mike has released since rebooting the business. Totally can't be bothered, despite the cool stuff they seem to be doing.
Post a reply