The Mu-Tron / Mike Beigel / Mu-FX Thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Mu-Tron/Mike Beigel/Mu-FX Thread

Postby spawnofthesith » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:12 pm

I've been rocking the tru tron for a few months now, one of the best pedals I've ever purchased. Brought a whole new definition of envelope filter to me

Can't wait for the bi phase to come out, I've wanted one for years
spawnofthesith

committed
committed

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:33 pm

Nice.

I had a Bi-Phase and am looking forward to the reissue as well. I'm still wondering how all the new pedals compare to the vintage ones though.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Dandolin » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:22 pm

Keeley? You in here?
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:49 pm

Found this, haven't listened yet, but thought I'd post it here in case anyone's interested:

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:25 pm

Is it any surprise they want almost $666 for this?:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ARP-MU-TRON-117 ... rmvSB=true
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lordgalvar » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:28 pm

That is actually a neat rack delay. It should be 666!

Good find Chankgeez!
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:30 pm

Thanks. Yeah, that one's not too bad. I think that YouTube store's prices are a "little" on the high side in general though.
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ugly Nora » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:24 pm

Mu-FX BOOSTRON 3 Sign-Up List Opens Today!

While we’re honing in on the final tweaks and improvements, we’ve decided to open up an initial sign-up list for all those interested in purchasing the NEW Mu-FX Boostron 3. By signing up you are in no way obligated to purchase the pedal, we are simply doing this to:

Gauge how many units to initially produce
Prioritize early signers with low serial number units
And to spread the word that the Boostron 3 is coming soon!

With this last point you can undeniably help: we’re sending this announcement to all of our previous customers but if you happen to know someone who would be interested, FORWARD THIS ON!

We cannot give a set-in-stone price as of yet – but it should retail between $250-$350 USD. That’s certainly not bad considering it’s...

Based Upon a Trio of Classic Designs

The Mu-FX Boostron 3 is three pedals in one... and three you might never want to turn off!

[Based upon and tweaked to our specifications:]

Stage 1: Alembic Stratoblaster clean boost
Stage 2: Mu-Tron/Dan Armstrong Orange Squeezer compressor
Stage 3: Synaptic Groove SlackJaw distortion (MXR Distortion+ and DOD OD-250)

The Boostron 3 provides added functionality to these classic effects bundled in Mu-FX’s improved “mini-mu” housing. Made in the USA, this new Mu-FX product combines visual and sonic cues from the past with a thoroughly modern, pedalboard-oriented approach – including an FX loop and multiple routing options.

Further details and product demos soon to come!

If You Want to Sign Up

Send an email to sales@mu-fx.com with your name, date and email address listed (so it’s nice and easy for us to compile!). We’ll add you onto the list and let you know whenever we announce more details.

Cheers,

Mu-FX

--
Elizabeth Coria
Office Manager
Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lordgalvar » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:43 pm

thanks nora!
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:00 pm

(I never knew Nora's the Mu-FX office manager.)

So, who's gonna get one?
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lordgalvar » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:23 pm

I'm thinking about it...but I don't know if I am doing that 'I don't want to miss it' thing. I do remember it having feedback possibilities. Could cover all the pedals I normally wouldn't look at though?

I'll go for it probably.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:30 pm

I'm definitely interested. "between $250-$350 USD" is a pretty wide range though. I'd be more interested if it ends up being at the lower edge of that range.
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lordgalvar » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:36 pm

Same here. 300-350 is too much to me.

But at 250, totally would take it. I signed up...we shall see. Might be a good thing if I every get that model t or something.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:42 pm

Maybe I should sign up? :idk:

Who really cares about "low serial number units" though (except for collectors)?
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lordgalvar » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:46 pm

Oh, that's not why I did it at all...Just thinking I might get a preorder price.

The thing I like is the pre an post gain effects loop setup with a compressor. Should be different for shaping other pedals. Could probably turn it into an oscillator too. The loop and structure just looks exploitable for routing. Put a trogotronic in the loop!

But then again, I could've gotten a custom build like this for 250-350 so I dunno.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear